I wish we could’ve seen Franklin vs Bisping

I feel like if they fought in 2010 it would have been be a very close fight, probably a toss up. My gut says Rich probably would have big brothered him in a very close decision, much like Bisping vs Chael, or Rashad but I wouldn't completely rule out Bisping.

I also feel that the one eyed, old, Parillo trained version of Bisping was the best version of Bisping. Belt or no belt, it seemed like he didn't care / overthink as much, and he has alluded to this in interviews. He's also mentioned having the regret of over-training for most of his career, getting in his own way. I'd take this version of Bisping over any version of Rich.

And quit it with the MMAth with Wand and Hendo, Bisping beat the brakes off of Cung Le who brutally KO'd Franklin.

Hmmm I wonder what ts is trying to accomplish with this thread?
Just another lame @TheSpider thread with his terrible attempts, like anyone with a clue doesn't notice his tired ass shtick of anything to lead to Silva > GSP.

Durrr Silva beat Ace to win the MW belt. GSP beat Bisping durrrr. Ace > Bisping right gauuuuuiyyyz??? Duurrrrr

It''s so sad and pathetic. If my life was that miserable that i legit dedicated an online account to discrediting one of the all-time greats, I'd hope someone called me out for being so pathetic.

That's like ..uh..duh " I'm an idiot and I just started watching mma ...uh, duh. Gegsrd Mousasi got arm bar-ed by Gono when he was 19 years old so obviously Gono would destroy him today...uh ,duh "

Impossible, obviously...

Im a successful, retired OG...

Gono stylee.gif gono OG.gifbusy gono btw.gif

.... & a shertard too.

At what weight class though? Rich had a hell of a time making 185.

Mind you Bisping fought at 205 for the first half of his career. I'd actually favor Bisping if they fought at 205 and Franklin if they fought at 185.

Just another lame @TheSpider thread with his terrible attempts, like anyone with a clue doesn't notice his tired ass shtick of anything to lead to Silva > GSP.

Durrr Silva beat Ace to win the MW belt. GSP beat Bisping durrrr. Ace > Bisping right gauuuuuiyyyz??? Duurrrrr

It''s so sad and pathetic. If my life was that miserable that i legit dedicated an online account to discrediting one of the all-time greats, I'd hope someone called me out for being so pathetic.
There’s 2 guys that routinely do this very thing. And a 3rd guy who routinely spouts nonsense about “the Canadian”. It’s actually pathetic as hell.

I like Bisping a lot, hes one of my favorites.

BUT Ace is the one who made me really start to love MMA. He’ll always be my favorite fighter. I think he has better cardio and more power. He either wins a clear UD bullying him or gets the TKO.

& he beat Hendo pretty clearly I thought. Hendo (like a bitch) gouged out his fucking cornea when he realized he couldn’t win. It was a cheap and pathetic move.

Franklin FTW

Would have been a great fight could have gone either way both hall of fame careers and professionals inside and outside of the octagon.

Would have been a great fight. Very rare for either guy not to come forward so they would have definitely engaged.

I like Bisping a lot, hes one of my favorites.

BUT Ace is the one who made me really start to love MMA. He’ll always be my favorite fighter. I think he has better cardio and more power. He either wins a clear UD bullying him or gets the TKO.

& he beat Hendo pretty clearly I thought. Hendo (like a bitch) gouged out his fucking cornea when he realized he couldn’t win. It was a cheap and pathetic move.

Franklin FTW

Better cardio than Bisping???????

Better cardio than Bisping???????
I believe so friend. Not by much obviously bisping has amazing cardio but Rich was a fucking machine. Never got tired and was always active.

I believe so friend. Not by much obviously bisping has amazing cardio but Rich was a fucking machine. Never got tired and was always active.

Interesting, I have to go back and watch some of Franklin's fights, it's been a long time.

Rich was Bisping with better power and wrestling with equal cardio if not better.

I agree with part of this .....and you might be shocked where I'd put Rich as an all time mw. I also have to transcend guys from yesteryear to todays mma ( where todays fighters have so much more at their fingertips). After Anderson completely obliterated Rich.....twice, I thought Rich would whisk away into sunset. I give him credit for hanging around as long as he did with movement of mma at time and over 2 divisions. He was smart enough to know he was just climbing uphill after he didnt even see a clubbing punch by another guy sticking around in Le. Franklin was actually a - 345 favorite in that fight. He walked away with a fight still left on contract. I was fine with it - I knew there were no more " runs" left .
Dana was even ok with Rich not fighting last fight.
I agree with a lot of this.

Firstly, I think prime Bisping would win a decision because his output is simply higher and I believe he has better boxing.

However, like you said, I’d rich were groomed for today’s mma climate, it might be a different story. In fact, rich was a pioneer of sorts when it came to diligently learning each craft and almost NEVER getting tired. Rich Franklin, for his era, was better than Bisping was to his era. But from an absolute perspective, I have Bisping winning a Decision, prime for prime. That fight potentially has 50/50 written all over it.

Rich was Bisping with better power and wrestling with equal cardio if not better.
Bisping’s output is significantly higher than Rich’s, for better or worse. Perhaps it needed to be because Rich had more power.

I’d also like to add bisping has better hands. That’s a great fight and I think a lot of you are severely underestimating Bisping’s changes. We will never know though.

Bisping’s output is significantly higher than Rich’s, for better or worse. Perhaps it needed to be because Rich had more power.

I’d also like to add bisping has better hands. That’s a great fight and I think a lot of you are severely underestimating Bisping’s changes. We will never know though.
Bisping may have had the more crisp looking traditional boxing and combos but Franklin was very unorthodox and effective. Always touching.

Back