I wish we could’ve seen Franklin vs Bisping

That's like ..uh..duh " I'm an idiot and I just started watching mma ...uh, duh. Gegsrd Mousasi got arm bar-ed by Gono when he was 19 years old so obviously Gono would destroy him today...uh ,duh "

This is sherdog. That very post defines the average casual who comes on here and says such baseless nonsense and also must have mma math as part of his
mma toolbox. Its embarrassing.

Post you think Bisping would win as your opinion but not because he edged out a past his prime Anderson who would lose to most of top 10 ( or all[ top 10] ) at the time ----- fine.
The TS' post is full retard troll mode, yet you say nothing about that. Just me because I said something against your boy.

Fucking ridiculous but par for the course here.

Fuck right off with your casual comment shit buddy. You know I am not so just shut up with stupid comments.

The TS' post is full retard troll mode, yet you say nothing about that. Just me because I said something against your boy.

Fucking ridiculous but par for the course here.

Fuck right off with your casual comment shit buddy. You know I am not so just shut up with stupid comments.
My reply was fair and I thought itd be a close fight...... and go to a decision. I also could be wrong. Your references just triggered me cause I know you're not a casual which really got me going.

My reply was fair and I thought itd be a close fight...... and go to a decision. I also could be wrong. Your references just triggered me cause I know you're not a casual which really got me going.
I think it's pretty fair that Bisping could beat Ace. Not sure why you don't think so.

Bisping is underrated, just like Ace is.

Ace fought against a pretty average group of MWs during his prime, which is not his fault but it's true.

His best wins of his career are over guys who were past their prime when they fought, pretty much like Bisping with the exception of Rockhold.

I think Bisping has higher output, Ace has more power.

It would be a close fight, almost guaranteed.

I think it's pretty fair that Bisping could beat Ace. Not sure why you don't think so.

Bisping is underrated, just like Ace is.

Ace fought against a pretty average group of MWs during his prime, which is not his fault but it's true.

His best wins of his career are over guys who were past their prime when they fought, pretty much like Bisping with the exception of Rockhold.

I think Bisping has higher output, Ace has more power.

It would be a close fight, almost guaranteed.
I agree with part of this .....and you might be shocked where I'd put Rich as an all time mw. I also have to transcend guys from yesteryear to todays mma ( where todays fighters have so much more at their fingertips). After Anderson completely obliterated Rich.....twice, I thought Rich would whisk away into sunset. I give him credit for hanging around as long as he did with movement of mma at time and over 2 divisions. He was smart enough to know he was just climbing uphill after he didnt even see a clubbing punch by another guy sticking around in Le. Franklin was actually a - 345 favorite in that fight. He walked away with a fight still left on contract. I was fine with it - I knew there were no more " runs" left .
Dana was even ok with Rich not fighting last fight.

Rich was greatly underrated, his Kryptonite was Silva

How is he underrated if is often ranked by shertards as a top10 MW of all time; and even in this thread TS is saying he would beat Bisping 8/10 times...

Franklin was a good fighter but is actually higly overrated by American fans, at leat those who post on Sherdog.

Ace beats Ping 8/10 times imo. Rich is a better version of Mike with more KO power. Would’ve been a great fight to watch

Would be a close fight, but I think Bisping was a more well-rounded fighter when he peaked

Franklin probably has the coolest submission escape in mma ever.

Honestly you guys shit all.over bisping for whatever reason. Imo prime for.prime bisping was a much better fighter.

Honestly you guys shit all.over bisping for whatever reason. Imo prime for.prime bisping was a much better fighter.

Certainly not much better at any point. Also when do you say was Bisping's prime?

Franklin will annihilate him.

He didn't annihilate Okami, who actually left the cage wiithout a scratch in a close decision.
I can see Franklin decisioning Bisping but lol at annihilate him.

Certainly not much better at any point. Also when do you say was Bisping's prime?

Fair question i guess i would consider his prime 2010-2012 before the vitor decapitation. He lost to.chael but even chael said that was his toughest win ever and he best some decent guys but looked dominant every time.

He also had that late career run and won the belt beat old hendo, cracked lukes jaw for good, beat leites and anderson. Obviously beating hendo and anderson late in their csreers isnt the ultimate feather in the cap moment but i think 2010-2012 bis was a better fighter than franklin. Lets be honest about rich's run, his level of comp was very weak. I think bisping showed that he could beat top 10 modern era talent i dont think rich franklin could.

Bisping outstrikes him rather easily.

styles make fights.

Ace was more successful fighter in his prime but thats off beating Nate quarry and ken shamrock types. When actual competition came over from strikeforce pride and others he was toast.

I’d slightly favour Franklin .....off topic Hendo is a favourite of mine , but I though Franklin deserved that one

Fair question i guess i would consider his prime 2010-2012 before the vitor decapitation. He lost to.chael but even chael said that was his toughest win ever and he best some decent guys but looked dominant every time.

He also had that late career run and won the belt beat old hendo, cracked lukes jaw for good, beat leites and anderson. Obviously beating hendo and anderson late in their csreers isnt the ultimate feather in the cap moment but i think 2010-2012 bis was a better fighter than franklin. Lets be honest about rich's run, his level of comp was very weak. I think bisping showed that he could beat top 10 modern era talent i dont think rich franklin could.
Of course it was chaels toughest win .... he usually would quit as soon as things got tough ....Bisping and Nate fights are notable exceptions

Bisping outstrikes him rather easily.

styles make fights.

Ace was more successful fighter in his prime but thats off beating Nate quarry and ken shamrock types. When actual competition came over from strikeforce pride and others he was toast.
Did you see his fights with Wandy and Hendo ?

In 2010 Bisping lost to Wanderlei, who lost to Franklin twice around that time.

After the Vitor decapitation, Bisping beat few months later Alan Belcher, in what was arguably his best performance up until that point.

I agree that him KOing Rockhold, who was a buzzsaw at that point, was fucking epic. But the rest of your post regarding "modern era talent" is pretty ridiculous, like typical shertard to be honest.

Of course it was chaels toughest win .... he usually would quit as soon as things got tough ....Bisping and Nate fights are notable exceptions

What Nate did other than laying on his back for 90% of the fight? Yushin Okami actually fought him back more than Nate did.

It's true, that would've been a great fight. Would've love to have seen Rich Franklin in there one more time after his loss, but gotta respect a man who doesn't need the personal vindication to go out on a win. Save the head trauma, he had a beautiful career & was a champ!

Back