I wish we could’ve seen Franklin vs Bisping

Rich was a beast. Arguably beat prime Hendo in a razor close fight, the same Hendo that stiffened Bisping

Hendo is a legend for the people he beat across three divisions, his longevity and the wars he delivered.
But if you are gonna rate fighters for arguably beating him in razor close decisions, let's place Kazuo Miksai and Yuki Kondo at the top of the rankings too.

018B1675-590A-4E10-A94A-7E78C78FAC46.jpeg 8B52845C-AFB5-4267-AD6D-83C60C11A3C9.jpeg
What Nate did other than laying on his back for 90% of the fight? Yushin Okami actually fought him back more than Nate did.

You are mistaken ... According to Chael Nate fucking near broke his sternum with a knee and look at his face above ....

Hendo is a legend for the people he beat across three divisions, his longevity and the wars he delivered.
But if you are gonna rate fighters for arguably beating him in razor close decisions, let's place Kazuo Miksai and Yuki Kondo at the top of the rankings too.
So beating ufc 93 Hendo isn’t a good win ?

Bisping beat Silva, Rich dieded agaimst Silva

Bisping murdered Cung Le, who murdered Rich.

Don't kid yourself, bisping outworks Ace to a UD.

i agree with you
but don't forget that franklin outclassed big and strong catchweight wanderlei twice, while a depleted wanderlei beat bisping

So beating ufc 93 Hendo isn’t a good win ?

Of course it is. It's huge. It's actually the best performance of Franklin's career even in the loss, imo.

I was just putting in context that Hendo is a legend for the guys he beat but he was also beatable by the likes of Misaki or Kondo, who were very good fighters but I would not place over others who don't have such a legendary name in their win column

Ace beats Ping 8/10 times imo. Rich is a better version of Mike with more KO power. Would’ve been a great fight to watch
Ace would've knocked Bisping the fk out

Hmmm I wonder what ts is trying to accomplish with this thread?

View attachment 754275 View attachment 754277

You are mistaken ... According to Chael Nate fucking near broke his sternum with a knee and look at his face above ....

I saw both fights. And yeah Marquardt opened that ugly cut at the end and landed a hard knee in one of Sonnen's TD attempts, that still completed. If that's what you mean by tough, cool.

I meant that Sonnen was able to implement his bread and butter of TDs and top control for 90% of that fight, with Marquardt barely landing 10 strikes across the 3 rounds; you said he only faced adversity in Nate and Bisping fights but Okami did too, stood back up every time got taken down and fought him back.

Last edited:
I saw both fights. And yeah Marquardt opened that ugly cut at the end and landed a hard knee in of Sonnen's TD attempts, that still completed. If that's what you mean by tough, cool.

I meant that Sonnen was able to implement his bread and butter of TDs and top control for 90% of that fight, with Marquardt barely landing 10 strikes during the 3 rounds; he had a tougher time implementing that game on Okami, who stood back up every time got taken down and fought back.
Ahh you’re one of these guys that can’t admit you’re wrong .... Chael said it was his toughest fight of his career at that point .... Chael also almost got choked out .... but you know if a fight was tough , more than Chael does .... unsure why people can’t admit they’re wrong and move on .....google chaels ufc 109 post fight interview with Helweni and get back to me

Did you see his fights with Wandy and Hendo ?

Yes for both of them against those two.

This is a prime for prime fight Ace didn’t have a diverse striking skill set and wand was coming of getting his chin murdered by hendo and mirko so very tentative and chinny.

I have said Ace enjoyed more success in his prime in my post. I just feel bisping beats him due to style and being criminally underrated. He wasn’t very likeable then and came off as a cocky a hole but if it wasn’t for bad judging against rashad Evans he would have made a serious run at LHW stardom.

Ahh you’re one of these guys that can’t admit you’re wrong .... Chael said it was his toughest fight of his career at that point .... Chael also almost got choked out .... but you know if a fight was tough , more than Chael does .... unsure why people can’t admit they’re wrong and move on .....google chaels ufc 109 post fight interview with Helweni and get back to me

Ahh you're one of these guys that believe things are black or white and only one can be right

You said Chael quits when things get tough except vs Nate and Bisping....google Chaels 104 post fight interview with Helwani where he said he got his bell rang several times in there and was unable to keep his opponent down, which he did vs Nate for 90% of the fight.

I'm disputing your statement about Chael quitting when things get tough rather than Nate giving him a tough fight

Last edited:
Yes for both of them against those two.

This is a prime for prime fight Ace didn’t have a diverse striking skill set and wand was coming of getting his chin murdered by hendo and mirko so very tentative and chinny.

I have said Ace enjoyed more success in his prime in my post. I just feel bisping beats him due to style and being criminally underrated. He wasn’t very likeable then and came off as a cocky a hole but if it wasn’t for bad judging against rashad Evans he would have made a serious run at LHW stardom.

That same Wand you describe beat Bisping in his very next fight
I can see Bisping getting the decision too...but I would favour Franklin, especially watching at how they did vs common opponents - Wand, Hendo, Hammill

That same Wand you describe beat Bisping in his very next fight
I can see Bisping getting the decision too...but I would favour Franklin, especially watching at how they did vs common opponents - Wand, Hendo, Hammill
Did you not read the styles make fights part? Or the fact that I said yes I have seen them both fight hendo and wand! Is it really that hard to read a post in it’s entirety?

Nope but would fancy him to KO Rich

So would fancy him to KO Rich but not CB, Belcher, Hammil, Leites or Akiyama, who of course also got smoked by Belfort effortlessly... you sound truly unbiased

Ace beats Ping 8/10 times imo. Rich is a better version of Mike with more KO power. Would’ve been a great fight to watch

They would have fought if Rich had beat Hendo. Winner of that fight was to coach opposite of Bisping in TUF US vs UK.

razor close fight too.

Last edited:
Back