I wish we could’ve seen Franklin vs Bisping

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ace beats Ping 8/10 times imo. Rich is a better version of Mike with more KO power. Would’ve been a great fight to watch

Rich was greatly underrated, his Kryptonite was Silva

Rich had better wrestling with lesser boxing, fuck outta here u troll, in fact ping had better ttd.

Would have definitely been stoked for that fight.
The biggest travesty though, is that we never got Bisping vs Nick Diaz.

That would have been the big perfect retirement fight for Bisping.
The buildup would have been amazing. Bisping would have pushed Diaz's buttons as much as possible and the press conferences would have been gold.
Also, the fight would have been amazing as a 5 rounder.

Sucks it never happened.

Well Bisping beat Anderson which Franklin could never do.

It would be a close fight I imagine.

Well Bisping beat Anderson which Franklin could never do.

It would be a close fight I imagine.

Rich Franklin faced prime Silva 9-10 years prior to Bisping beating him. A few years later Rich fought Henderson to a close decision who some believed he won. This was right before Henderson sent Bisping to the moon.

Seems rather unfair of a comparison.

Would have definitely been stoked for that fight.
The biggest travesty though, is that we never got Bisping vs Nick Diaz.

That would have been the big perfect retirement fight for Bisping.
The buildup would have been amazing. Bisping would have pushed Diaz's buttons as much as possible and the press conferences would have been gold.
Also, the fight would have been amazing as a 5 rounder.

Sucks it never happened.
Nick got 2 gifted fights with the goats.bs would outpoint nick

I think Bisping would have won a decision have they had fought. Bisping really is a tough fight for anyone and he's pretty underrated when people talk about his skills. He's solid everywhere and has very underrated wrestling & defensive grappling. His movement kickboxing is really his bread & butter though added cardio he's really hard fight even for R.Franklin.

Rich is a tough out for anyone at 85. Bisping would have been a great fight for sure, but I'd take Rich via stopping power and clinch. He could have given the Strikeforce crossovers problems as well. I would have dropped the bank on him against regular choke artist and failed UFC fighter Mousasi. He lost all 3 contender fights in his tenure, while Rich fought at many different weights(something Moose did with wayyyyy less success) and captured a belt in the big boy league. I like his chances against Chris and Jac too. Yoel and Luke probably beat him on strength in the clinch alone, because Rich intiated alot. Maybe he bodies Luke real quick and vicious though, because even though he was my fav MW after Andy and until Izzy, his chin is a liability. But I digress.... Rich beats Mike, both beat Moose

Ace beats Ping 8/10 times imo. Rich is a better version of Mike with more KO power. Would’ve been a great fight to watch

Maybe early in his career. But later on Bisping beat guys like AS and Rockhold(with one eye) I don't think Franklin would have stood a chance against. Franklin looks better cause prime Franklin got to the UFC at a time when he was actually the best. Bisping was never really the best at 185 even as champ.

Would have been a GREAY fight. I have Rich taking it by decision if 3 rounds

Rich was a beast. Arguably beat prime Hendo in a razor close fight, the same Hendo that stiffened Bisping
Bisping beat Silva, Rich dieded agaimst Silva

Bisping murdered Cung Le, who murdered Rich.

Don't kid yourself, bisping outworks Ace to a UD.

I've always called Bisping a poor mans Rich Franklin. Similar skillsets and both pre dominant stand up fighters. I definitely give " prime " Rich edge cause he was finishing type guys that Mike would go to the cards with ( but win). Rich also more cerebral if he found himself taken down ......really smart ( for his time) as a defensive grappler. I always appreciated " get mounted", " stay calm ", lay idle , and had wherewithal to buck the mountee off or turn/ shimmy right way when mount- er went to blast.
Betting line would be under 2-1 - prime / prime so Bisping would hold his own .I'd see Rich winning a decision.

I'd give Mike edge in td defense.

Last edited:
Bisping beat Silva, Rich dieded agaimst Silva

Bisping murdered Cung Le, who murdered Rich.

Don't kid yourself, bisping outworks Ace to a UD.
That's like ..uh..duh " I'm an idiot and I just started watching mma ...uh, duh. Gegsrd Mousasi got arm bar-ed by Gono when he was 19 years old so obviously Gono would destroy him today...uh ,duh "

This is sherdog. That very post defines the average casual who comes on here and says such baseless nonsense and also must have mma math as part of his
mma toolbox. Its embarrassing.

Post you think Bisping would win as your opinion but not because he edged out a past his prime Anderson who would lose to most of top 10 ( or all[ top 10] ) at the time ----- fine.

I think a prime Travis Lutter would weather the stand up just enough to get prime Bisping down and actually secure sub.

Last edited:
Back