I always thought Fedor was a fat WW, but I am not so sure anymore

Sorry, no. Fedor is one of the greatest and had a great run, but it was always a debate. While Fedor is still in the debate, he is no longer the favorite.
There is no debate that Fedor is the most accomplished HW to ever compete in MMA. How can he not be when he was the #1 ranked HW 3 times longer than any other HW that's competed in the sport.

There is no debate that Fedor is the most accomplished HW to ever compete in MMA. How can he not be when he was the #1 ranked HW 3 times longer than any other HW that's competed in the sport.

HW GOAT? Absolutely! MMA GOAT? Nah.

HW GOAT? Absolutely! MMA GOAT? Nah.
Well the clear and obvious HW GOAT is certainly going to acquire votes for the overall MMA GOAT as well... He fought the biggest dudes and won for a very long time.

Well the clear and obvious HW GOAT is certainly going to acquire votes for the overall MMA GOAT as well... He fought the biggest dudes and won for a very long time.

Yep. I said he was in the conversation for GOAT. Just not the favorite. Not anymore. OP I quoted mentioned GSP, Anderson and Jones. So, obviously not about HW goat.

Spend more time on your reading comprehension and less time on your post count. Stop wasting my time.

Its true, do you honestly think guys like Yoel, Costa, whittaker and cannonier would not destroy hendo who killed fedor?

Because that's how it works...

Do you not think guys like Romero, Jones, Israel would destroy Struve who killed Stipe?

Fedor was a legit 235 lbs Hw in his day, thick and strong as fuck. This whole shit thst hes a natural MW is bullshit, if he was a MW he would of fought there

Definitely a legit HW...but also similar in size to Randy for much of his career and clearly carrying at least a little bit of weight that could have been shed. IMHO, Fedor could have chosen to compete at 205...and I kind of wish he would have tried after Pride.

Consider that the post-Pride time period overlapped with the emergence of Jon Jones in the UFC. How different could that division have looked if Fedor had joined it? Does Jones still go undefeated and rule for years...or does he end up as the Big Nog of Pride, undeniably a champion-level fighter who just happened to get stuck behind the GOAT in Fedor? It could have been interesting...

The man gets dwarfed by Chris Cyborg ffs

EM7xyMBU0AAHs9T.jpg

While all the other fighters are cutting a ton of weight to try an fight the guy who couldn't cut so much, Fedor didn't care. He just fought them all super heavweights. And beat them. And he did it while packing a ton of fat.

his advantage was he was relatively smaller so quicker than the unathletic HW jobbers in Pride.

He would get destroyed by anyone under LHW as Old Man Dan emphatically demonstrated

The weird thing is, fedor would be much lighter than costa if he shredded

Guy is definitely the GOAT easily
He doesn’t have the body style for it. And trimming down would not work with his fighting style.

He’s a Hw. Get over it.

Definitely a legit HW...but also similar in size to Randy for much of his career and clearly carrying at least a little bit of weight that could have been shed. IMHO, Fedor could have chosen to compete at 205...and I kind of wish he would have tried after Pride.

Consider that the post-Pride time period overlapped with the emergence of Jon Jones in the UFC. How different could that division have looked if Fedor had joined it? Does Jones still go undefeated and rule for years...or does he end up as the Big Nog of Pride, undeniably a champion-level fighter who just happened to get stuck behind the GOAT in Fedor? It could have been interesting...
Fedor wouldn't be in the picture he was getting destroyed in sanctioned fights from even MWs in that period

LHW was also stacked with monsters at the time

Angle and Cyborg might be wearing heels, also height alone doesnt mean absolute size.
That's why he's the GOAT. You have these guys like Costa boasting about being 236lbs and fighting at MW. Then you have real badasses like Fedor.
I dont buy the 236 thing, i mean he could be if he stops training and eats all day, the guy fights closer to what LHW's weigh-in on fight night, Fedor could had been a LHW just like DC, i dont think MW was an option unless he had been ripped and cut a ton of weight.

Yep. I said he was in the conversation for GOAT. Just not the favorite. Not anymore. OP I quoted mentioned GSP, Anderson and Jones. So, obviously not about HW goat.

Spend more time on your reading comprehension and less time on your post count. Stop wasting my time.
I've comprehended your posts just fine. I'm just pointing out that your own individual opinion does not make what you say accurate. Fedor is absolutely among the favourite's to be considered the overall MMA GOAT. There are records that he, and he alone, still hold to this day. His reign as #1 for example. That is an important record to have when you're considering dominance.

Fedor is a tough dude, no muscles but he bulldozes everybody. :D

Funny that all the posters that have a good grasp of MMA and the history of the sport say the same thing. Fedor is without even a debate clear GOAT. Then you have the ones that kind of know a bit but started watching only the UFC and say Gsp or Silva. Then you have the spastics that dont take into account cheating, favouritism and only wiki search and will say Jones. Then you have Conor fans.

Also funny shit about Hendo was actually bigger than Fedor and who stopped the fight to suit Zuffa?! Yep Herb the most dodgiest cunt in the game Dean. lol at the yanks that spew that shit being real are 100% pro wrestling fans.

100% retarded. Everything you just said is bullshit.

Fedor could have easily made 205. 185 would have been harder in that era where there wasnt all the nutritionist etc. Also the HW division was the king then moneywise and guys like Fedor and Mirko who both could have made 205, were proud and had the balls to fight whoever there was that would sign the dotted line. They wanted to fight the best, and the HW division was the best.

People will say cans here, but that's only because people weren't exactly jumping to sign to fight either guy. It wasnt easy to find guys who had the nuts to fight Fedor at that time. After the werdume loss, his mystique was falling, then with the next 2 losses it was gone. He was clearly in decline and didnt grapple at all, but it played a factor in whi would actually sign to fight him.

Asia always had the huge freakshow fights on new years, that was just part of the culture. So all the hmc, Zulu etc were because that's what sold in the Japanese market, it's what the fans wanted to see that paid the bills....could this small guy who dominated everyone, beat the giant. Fedor stayed active during his run...and had to fight some lesser guys to be active due to lack of opponents willing to fight him.

We just saw Conor fight a can who didnt even fight back at all...and he is great for the win...which is the most hypocritical thing around. The big difference is that Conor had guys lined up wanting to fight him, and Fedor didnt. Why they fought cans is the difference. A guy like Conor who is prime right now, chose a guy who lost his last 2 by tko. This was his choice. In Fedors case, it was theres this guy who will fight, or you have no opponent.

Fedor is the absolute Goat. His accomplishments in the toughest division in the world, and the best division in the world at the time combined with the 8 years of no losses in combat sambo that ran concurrently with his run is just so much harder to do than anyone has ever even came close to. Fedor would have blew threw LHW with ease. No one there then or now could take his speed and power.

People dont give him credit for it, but he was the first really well rounded fighter of that caliber. He was great at striking, grappling, tds, subs,. Had the best transitions in fighting, as well as the speed of a MW at 230 lbs. There was no one else around that possessed the skills he had way back then and to be honest there arent any now even at HW.

Casuals always think the guys they see now, that are their heroes are better than the guys that were there before they even thought of mma. No one today...not dc, stipe, any of them could have survived then. Jon is the only guy at LHW that would have been relevant in that era. Mostly because of his ability to lose so much weight and gain it back before the fight to gain that huge advantage.

They judge by how guys like nog and mirko showed after pride when the came to the ufc. When all were really shells of themselves. The era had already passed, and even dana knew it. He used the guys to pump up the ufc. The same guys he used to always discredit, now losing to his guys was big in that plan. Dana knew, just like all the fans, that guys like shogun and wandy etc were already changed guys. They logged so many miles in pride they just weren't the same. They peaked and had their day on top of the mountain before the ufc

Pride didnt have many new guys coming in and that also played a factor in the sell. Guys who were younger like Werdume went on to do well, but shogun after knee surguries so many times, were not the same and still won the belt. Chuck couldnt even ko a no chin wandy, and got owned by shot..shogun and rampage. Their era of machida...got smashed by them as well.

Fedor didnt use weight cutting to have an advantage...he didn't need it. He was so much better than everyone and had pride and honor. Mirko when asked about p4p rankings summed it up when he said it was all crap...p4p should mean they will fight anyone and win..not just guys who weight x amount.

Some guys have metabolism etc and can cut huge amounts like jon does or gsp used to or Conor did at 145. P4p I'm the best in the world but I won't fight a guy in another weight class...is crap. Like he said Conor weighs around 90 kilos /198 lbs walking around out of camp..jon is like 230...so it's an advantage over guys who cant pay the nutritionists and trainers or who's metabolism doesnt allow them to cut. Costa is like 230 and cuts to 185 as well as romero.

Guys like Fedor and Mirko are smaller hws. They had the balls to fight bigger guys no issue. At HW, there can be a 60 lbs difference or more if they cut to 265. Compared to all other division with a max of 15 lbs...that's huge. I dont mind smaller guys fighting, but mma should adopt the hydration test and day of weigh in. Kill the weight cutting that allows some guys to gain huge advantages because of money.

There is no minimum for HW. Anyone can fight there. They dont because like jon said...its by far the most dangerous division. Even now when it's really weak, it's nearly impossible for a guy to go 10 years and not lose. I wont blame Fedor for not wanting to cut weight to get an advantage. He wanted to be the best, not the best because he could get an advantage by weight cutting. At 205 or 185 he could have done just as well or better than at HW. Doing it at HW makes it even more impressive.

Back