I always thought Fedor was a fat WW, but I am not so sure anymore

Sorry, no. Fedor is one of the greatest and had a great run, but it was always a debate. While Fedor is still in the debate, he is no longer the favorite.

The Herb Dean conspiracy crap? Erodes whatever credibility you had left.
You should change your name to LiL ShiLL

Because that's how it works...

Do you not think guys like Romero, Jones, Israel would destroy Struve who killed Stipe?
Yes, but completely different fight: struve only won because of eyepokes and miocic was green at that time. Meanwhile, Fedor was straight up killed and he was 35( 5 years younger than Hendo so past-prime is not an excuse.

Yes, but completely different fight: struve only won because of eyepokes and miocic was green at that time. Meanwhile, Fedor was straight up killed and he was 35( 5 years younger than Hendo so past-prime is not an excuse.

Making excuses for Stipe's loss. I can do that too. Fedor only lost because of strikes to the back of the head...

Making excuses for Stipe's loss. I can do that too. Fedor only lost because of strikes to the back of the head...
Ok fine stipe lost fair and square to struve but atleast he didnt get bodied bymaldonado, bigfoot silva, ryan bader and that other guy

Sorry, no. Fedor is one of the greatest and had a great run, but it was always a debate. While Fedor is still in the debate, he is no longer the favorite.

The Herb Dean conspiracy crap? Erodes whatever credibility you had left.
It’s always debatable. I’ve never gotten salty if someone doesn’t think Fedor is the GOAT, as long as they have valid reasoning and their GOAT candidate makes sense.

I may not have made my point clear. Just talking about the title in general. You had posted Fedor is the GOAT (which I believe we’ve debated before) and also the BMF which implies the pure best stand up fighter. I meant I don’t think he’s that BMF, for the reasons listed in my pervious post. I wasn’t even thinking about Fedor having to take the belt from Masvidal. Meant only the ‘BMF’ title. But now that I think of it, I think Mas has a chance against current Fedor, and I’m no fan of Mas. Mas prolly walks around 190-200lbs so he wouldn’t be completely undersized against Fedor at 236lbs. Fedor most likely hunts him down and backs him up and up drops him with his first set of combos once he’s in the pocket 1st rd. But Mas could catch him first on the chin and put his lights out. If would have to be the best punch Mas has ever thrown though. It’s not likely but there might be something there.
Masvidal probably knocks out 42 yo paper chin Fedor if he connects first. But if Fedor connects Masvidal might get seriously injured, just see Sonnen fight. 230lbs Sonnen was flying around that cage like he was getting shot gunned. Never seen somone ragdoll SOnnen like that. The power in Fedor's hands is still there

his advantage was he was relatively smaller so quicker than the unathletic HW jobbers in Pride.

He would get destroyed by anyone under LHW as Old Man Dan emphatically demonstrated
The Pride HW was the most prestigious division in the world. UFC champions would join Pride as did all the champs from the other organizations and sports.

Asia always had the huge freakshow fights on new years, that was just part of the culture. So all the hmc, Zulu etc were because that's what sold in the Japanese market, it's what the fans wanted to see that paid the bills....could this small guy who dominated everyone, beat the giant. Fedor stayed active during his run...and had to fight some lesser guys to be active due to lack of opponents willing to fight him.

We just saw Conor fight a can who didnt even fight back at all...and he is great for the win...which is the most hypocritical thing around. The big difference is that Conor had guys lined up wanting to fight him, and Fedor didnt. Why they fought cans is the difference. A guy like Conor who is prime right now, chose a guy who lost his last 2 by tko. This was his choice. In Fedors case, it was theres this guy who will fight, or you have no opponent.
"NOBODY wants to fight fedor "
- Wanderlei Silva 2005
But after Fedor tasted defeat, everybody wanted to fight him. Just like everybody wants to fight Conor now.

People dont give him credit for it, but he was the first really well rounded fighter of that caliber. He was great at striking, grappling, tds, subs,. Had the best transitions in fighting, as well as the speed of a MW at 230 lbs. There was no one else around that possessed the skills he had way back then and to be honest there arent any now even at HW.
You are wrong, Fedor was the most creditted fighter 2004-2008. All the fighters gave him credit. GSP, Mir,Cain and many other UFC champions said that Fedor is the GOAT. Mir said thet Fedor is very well rounded. Fedor is the first 3D fighter.

Fedor didnt use weight cutting to have an advantage...he didn't need it. He was so much better than everyone and had pride and honor. Mirko when asked about p4p rankings summed it up when he said it was all crap...p4p should mean they will fight anyone and win..not just guys who weight x amount.
Those were different days, they were the real BMFs, not hiding behind weight classes.

Some guys have metabolism etc and can cut huge amounts like jon does or gsp used to or Conor did at 145. P4p I'm the best in the world but I won't fight a guy in another weight class...is crap. Like he said Conor weighs around 90 kilos /198 lbs walking around out of camp..jon is like 230...so it's an advantage over guys who cant pay the nutritionists and trainers or who's metabolism doesnt allow them to cut. Costa is like 230 and cuts to 185 as well as romero.
the mentallity of today's fighter. I want the weight classes to protect me from the stronger and bigger fighter, but I also want to cut down as much weight so I can bully the smaller guys.

Guys like Fedor and Mirko are smaller hws. They had the balls to fight bigger guys no issue. At HW, there can be a 60 lbs difference or more if they cut to 265. Compared to all other division with a max of 15 lbs...that's huge. I dont mind smaller guys fighting, but mma should adopt the hydration test and day of weigh in. Kill the weight cutting that allows some guys to gain huge advantages because of money.
After seeing many photos of Fedor with MWs and WWs I was repeatedly surprised to see just how small the guy is. This Cyborg shot was another blow to reality. Fedor was really small guy.

Masvidal probably knocks out 42 yo paper chin Fedor if he connects first. But if Fedor connects Masvidal might get seriously injured, just see Sonnen fight. 230lbs Sonnen was flying around that cage like he was getting shot gunned. Never seen somone ragdoll SOnnen like that. The power in Fedor's hands is still there

The Pride HW was the most prestigious division in the world. UFC champions would join Pride as did all the champs from the other organizations and sports.

"NOBODY wants to fight fedor "
- Wanderlei Silva 2005
But after Fedor tasted defeat, everybody wanted to fight him. Just like everybody wants to fight Conor now.

You are wrong, Fedor was the most creditted fighter 2004-2008. All the fighters gave him credit. GSP, Mir,Cain and many other UFC champions said that Fedor is the GOAT. Mir said thet Fedor is very well rounded. Fedor is the first 3D fighter.

Those were different days, they were the real BMFs, not hiding behind weight classes.

the mentallity of today's fighter. I want the weight classes to protect me from the stronger and bigger fighter, but I also want to cut down as much weight so I can bully the smaller guys.

After seeing many photos of Fedor with MWs and WWs I was repeatedly surprised to see just how small the guy is. This Cyborg shot was another blow to reality. Fedor was really small guy.
Take a step back and reassess your life.

When you win a belt and think you are the best, and then you look around and see a world of giants. With belts.

s5QxvOWQlZi0cDM4G5xyxCvg_PUc8RVIqNZ9VbPiqT4.jpg

And then you have Fedor, who had no business fighting super heavyweight monsters, but he didn't give a fawk and did it anyways. ANd beat them all.

The man gets dwarfed by Chris Cyborg ffs

EM7xyMBU0AAHs9T.jpg

While all the other fighters are cutting a ton of weight to try an fight the guy who couldn't cut so much, Fedor didn't care. He just fought them all super heavweights. And beat them. And he did it while packing a ton of fat.

Still haven't learned about camera angles I see.

Funny that all the posters that have a good grasp of MMA and the history of the sport say the same thing. Fedor is without even a debate clear GOAT. Then you have the ones that kind of know a bit but started watching only the UFC and say Gsp or Silva. Then you have the spastics that dont take into account cheating, favouritism and only wiki search and will say Jones. Then you have Conor fans.

Also funny shit about Hendo was actually bigger than Fedor and who stopped the fight to suit Zuffa?! Yep Herb the most dodgiest cunt in the game Dean. lol at the yanks that spew that shit being real are 100% pro wrestling fans.
Great post

Ok fine stipe lost fair and square to struve but atleast he didnt get bodied bymaldonado, bigfoot silva, ryan bader and that other guy

Maldonano is top 20 pro boxer. Know that next time you speak his name. And past his prime Fedor beat him standing which is impressive.

Cyborg does some serious height cutting almost Shane Carwin level

Back