I always thought Fedor was a fat WW, but I am not so sure anymore

I’ve met him in person. He’s fucking massive, has a really wide frame. No way he could make MW.

aCBbYn2.gif
Lol what the fuck is this??

<36>

A win over Cro Cop is better than Khabibs whole combat career.
Bigger win than any win of Khabib? Possibly.
Bigger than his whole career? Nope.

Anyways, why'd you feel the need to bring Khabib into this? i haven't mentioned him once in that post, did i?

Fedor was a legit 235 lbs Hw in his day, thick and strong as fuck. This whole shit thst hes a natural MW is bullshit, if he was a MW he would of fought there

This. Fedor is/was an awesome old school fighter who went for the finish everytime, nothing but respect and admiration for the man but his fans have perpetuated some crazy myth about his size. 230-235 lbs is not a tiny HW and carrying some fat doesn't equal being a bloated fighter.

Depth perception is a tough concept. It's not your fault TS.

Fedor was a legit 235 lbs Hw in his day, thick and strong as fuck. This whole shit thst hes a natural MW is bullshit, if he was a MW he would of fought there

I disagree with him ever being a "Solid" 235. That being said he would've been a pretty massive MW if he even could make that weight. I feel like he was a "natural" 205er who could potentially have cut to MW.

He weighs like 230 pounds he is huge. In pride 2 out of 3 opponebts were big but cans.

He was heavier then Mirko.

LOL at he's a natural HW, he's overweight. I don't care how thick his frame is. Look at a BMI chart, a 6 foot man should be between 140-175. Even if you take into account his supposed thick frame and give him an extra 20 pounds of leeway, he still could easily make LHW and should be able to make MW with little problem. He was fine being pudgy and he stayed at HW. To say he was a natural HW's pretty hilarious, there are no natural 6 foot heavyweights. Just 6 foot tall guys who carry extra pounds.

And the people here hyping up the HW division to make him look better. HW's always been the weakest division in MMA as far as skills go. Pride had a better HW division than UFC fine, but they had very few great HW fighters. That's why over half of his Pride fights were against scrubs. And he had to fight a couple of the legit ones multiple times.

185-205lbs for a 6 foot man's considered a large frame if you believe what doctors say.

Of course he was. I'm done trying to convince anybody otherwise. I remember reading his training regimen a very long time ago and it was insane. For Fedor to be a fat ww or mw, he'd basically have to be a couch potato. He would not have the physic he had. The guy was a healthy in shape HW that ate what he wanted.

He weighs like 230 pounds he is huge. In pride 2 out of 3 opponebts were big but cans.

He was heavier then Mirko.

Prime CC was 220lbs, he was much lighter than Costa on a fight night who weighs 228. Mirko was a natural WW too.

LOL at he's a natural HW, he's overweight. I don't care how thick his frame is. Look at a BMI chart, a 6 foot man should be between 140-175. Even if you take into account his supposed thick frame and give him an extra 20 pounds of leeway, he still could easily make LHW and should be able to make MW with little problem. He was fine being pudgy and he stayed at HW. To say he was a natural HW's pretty hilarious, there are no natural 6 foot heavyweights. Just 6 foot tall guys who carry extra pounds.

And the people here hyping up the HW division to make him look better. HW's always been the weakest division in MMA as far as skills go. Pride had a better HW division than UFC fine, but they had very few great HW fighters. That's why over half of his Pride fights were against scrubs. And he had to fight a couple of the legit ones multiple times.

185-205lbs for a 6 foot man's considered a large frame if you believe what doctors say.

BMI is almost useless for analyzing the health of professional athletes, particularly ones that carry a lot of muscle and/or have thick frames.

According to BMI, Lebron James was overweight at his peak (260 lbs at 6'8").

Not all weight is created equal.

BMI is almost useless for analyzing the health of professional athletes, particularly ones that carry a lot of muscle and/or have thick frames.

According to BMI, Lebron James was overweight at his peak (260 lbs at 6'8").

Not all weight is created equal.

James is fucking ripped, and he's a freak of nature athlete. Fedor was super strong but not muscular like a typical muscular person. I understand the BMI chart can't be 100% applied to everyone. But there's a wide range. I mean 145-205's 60 fucking pounds. Fedor 90's pounds over the low end for his hight. Even if you gave him 60 pounds of breathing room, that's still 30lbs. He's always had natural strength, he obviously worked out but looking at him and looking at a Rumble, yeah no not the same thing. And even with all his muscle Rumble was able to make 170 for multiple fights. Tank Abbot's another case, he was sick strong but it wasn't due to muscles. Tank & Fedor were both comfortable being as overweight as they were. But both could have made 185 if they had applied themselves.

Nobody weighs 220 pounds on fight night at ww

Who cares what you weigh when you don't fight. What you weigh in the fight matters.

There was an exhibition in DREAM with Fedor and Shinya Aoki - who fights regularly at 170 - needless to say Fedor was significantly larger.

Back