I always thought Fedor was a fat WW, but I am not so sure anymore

Some of you are strange.

Fedor (in and around his prime) simply did not have the frame to fight at anything other than HW or LHW (with a weight cut).

Moreover, Fedor's biggest strengths at HW (ability to change levels and move from strikes to throws and general speed/hand quickness) would be reduced to some degree at lower weight classes.

I don't know how many "cutting/dieting down to as low a weight as possible isn't always the best" cases people need to see before they get it.

Wilder & Fedor could make MW

Wilder & Fedor could make MW

If he was stuck in a concentration camp, he could probably eventually make 135.

The issue isn't simply making a weight. It's making a weight and then performing optimally in a fight the following day.

HW was absolutely Fedor's optimal weight for his body/frame/physical gifts.

If he was stuck in a concentration camp, he could probably eventually make 135.

The issue isn't simply making a weight. It's making a weight and then performing optimally in a fight the following day.

HW was absolutely Fedor's optimal weight for his body/frame/physical gifts.

Wasnt Fedor 220? Damn ... he was bigger than Wilder

<{Joewithit}>

That's why he's the GOAT. You have these guys like Costa boasting about being 236lbs and fighting at MW. Then you have real badasses like Fedor.
MW’s today would kill fedor and melt the cans that he crushed in pride.

I think Fedor has always claimed that he feels like he loses some power if he cuts weight, so he feels he fights better at HW. I don’t know about being a MW, but most fighters with his body fat and weight would at least drop 10 lbs and then cut to LHW. For a heavyweight, Fedor’s not that big. But like @HHJ said, he’s a thick dude. Never met him, but I was pretty close to him at the Bader weigh in, and he’s a thickly built solid looking motherfucker.

Fedor was a legit 235 lbs Hw in his day, thick and strong as fuck. This whole shit thst hes a natural MW is bullshit, if he was a MW he would of fought there
Fedor is a natural MW only if we talk Pride. Meaning 205. Fedor could have fought at 205. He fought at HW because he wanted to. Just like Cro Cop. How hard can that be to understand? As if there's not a history of prize fighters fighting above their weight?

Here’s a couple pics of mine I dug up. Hard to judge size; Fedor’s not really tall, he’s just wide and a solidly built dude.
F09DCFB8-94E8-4294-9CE5-1E18BE697A9F.jpeg 062A4739-D9AE-43B2-A8E7-35B73D1CD9FF.jpeg

The man gets dwarfed by Chris Cyborg ffs

EM7xyMBU0AAHs9T.jpg

While all the other fighters are cutting a ton of weight to try an fight the guy who couldn't cut so much, Fedor didn't care. He just fought them all super heavweights. And beat them. And he did it while packing a ton of fat.

Imagine the children these two would produce

You guys probably think cormier is small too. Fedor is strong for a hw. He doesn't have the same speed if he dropped weight.

He preferred to have the speed advantage while fighting in the weakest division in MMA history.
Just like Mike Tyson. Mike was miniature HW, he weighed 205 at the beginning, but he had tremendous speed advantage and nobody saw them punches coming. Mike also admired Fedor, he even said that Fedor was a small guy like him, fighting these big PED monsters.

meanwhile, chicken Jones is afraid of heavyweights
If that's true why isn't Jon Jones fighting at HW or in fact any LHW? Like you said they'll have the speed advantage, so why aren't they moving up to a weaker division?
he plays safe and he is building his record fighting easy competition in a long dead division.

Hes was a HW of average size but still a HW, whats next Cro Cops a Mw if he had skinny legs.
Cains a LHW with no titts?
Prime CC was 220lbs ona a fight night. Costa weighs more than that on a fight night.

Just for the sake of argument, the BMF title was created for fighters who stand up and bang and have the spoken or unspoken agreement that the fight will stay on the feet. In Fedor’s prime he definitely had hands but used GNP and subs a lot, big nog and cro-cop fights for example. Since Fedor has transitioned to stand up almost exclusively, he hasn’t done nearly as well. So I wouldn’t give him the BMF title, especially after the Bader or Mitrione fights. Can’t be the baddest stand up guy with a chin almost non-existent. No disrespect toFedor but I dont think he gets that title.
BMF means that you'll bang, but it also means that you don't give a fuck. Fedor fought super heavy weight monsters 3 times his size cause he didn't give a fawk. And he beat them.
054104085B28F21A000001016F04DB64

165 lbs Fedor right there.

ts into fat guys confirmed
6.5", 265 all year round.

Having met him in person a few times,hes very wide. At least back then,when he was on top. Not a small man by any means
Same, Fedor is not that big height wise. But he is a big dude.

Fedor and Cormier are the same size and frame. That's the comparison I tend to give to people. Neither are small frame wise, they're just shorter than your normal LHW/HW.

Funny that all the posters that have a good grasp of MMA and the history of the sport say the same thing. Fedor is without even a debate clear GOAT. Then you have the ones that kind of know a bit but started watching only the UFC and say Gsp or Silva. Then you have the spastics that dont take into account cheating, favouritism and only wiki search and will say Jones. Then you have Conor fans.

Also funny shit about Hendo was actually bigger than Fedor and who stopped the fight to suit Zuffa?! Yep Herb the most dodgiest cunt in the game Dean. lol at the yanks that spew that shit being real are 100% pro wrestling fans.

Sorry, no. Fedor is one of the greatest and had a great run, but it was always a debate. While Fedor is still in the debate, he is no longer the favorite.

The Herb Dean conspiracy crap? Erodes whatever credibility you had left.

You don't think he can beat Masvidal?
I may not have made my point clear. Just talking about the title in general. You had posted Fedor is the GOAT (which I believe we’ve debated before) and also the BMF which implies the pure best stand up fighter. I meant I don’t think he’s that BMF, for the reasons listed in my pervious post. I wasn’t even thinking about Fedor having to take the belt from Masvidal. Meant only the ‘BMF’ title. But now that I think of it, I think Mas has a chance against current Fedor, and I’m no fan of Mas. Mas prolly walks around 190-200lbs so he wouldn’t be completely undersized against Fedor at 236lbs. Fedor most likely hunts him down and backs him up and up drops him with his first set of combos once he’s in the pocket 1st rd. But Mas could catch him first on the chin and put his lights out. If would have to be the best punch Mas has ever thrown though. It’s not likely but there might be something there.

Back