Hulk Hogan's apology - do you buy it?

I buy his desire to be forgiven, and being able to make money as a public figure again.

His apology? Nah'. I doubt he even remembers saying the things he did.

I never really overreacted to what he said in the first place. Yes it was ass-holish, but he was shitfaced, depressed, and trying to work up the worst way to be insulting that he could. He succeeded, but so what. Shit happens, and we can't be judging people too much by the worst moments of their lives.

He is a weirdo, but so is everyone who's been mega-popular for decades. They have lost touch and sincerity, especially the 80s guys.

What does society gain by banishing him for some bad moments? Just let him apologize and be a good dude again. Albeit a weird famous one. If your average Joe Shmoe can't move on from it, that's their own god damned problem IMO.

I was never offended. Dude said stuff in his own home, didn't know he was being taped, who the fuck are we to hold shit against him?

So he said the n word, big deal. It's when you say it maliciously to someone's face is when it's bad, he didn't.

Not for a second do I believe anything Hogan has to say. Dude is a worker virtually 24/7.:)

Vince basically built his empire off of racist and stereotypical gimmicks. They had a tag team called Crime Time comprised of 2 black dudes who'd wear kevlar vests and bling and part of their gimmick was stealing people's stuff backstage. This was just a a few years ago too.

Also from as recent as 2009:

203365-umaga.jpg

People say the N word in private all the time. It's really not much of a big deal, look up racism in the WWE and there has been much worse said.

I might say the same if my daughter was dating a scumbag rapper. It's not about the color. No apology needed.

His daughter was dating a rapper named "Stack$." How would you react?

Don't believe him. Crocodile Tears. He's an actor. Wrestlers are just actors who are athletes. He probably thought of all that money he's losing as a caveat for the tears.

I don't think there is anyway I could. Hard to put your trust in someone whose an actor by default.

I thought all white dads don't wsnt their daughters Dating black dudes.

I thought this was fairly common knowledge.

His daughter was dating a rapper named "Stack$." How would you react?

Apparently calling him the N word would be your reaction. I don't see how calling him the N word makes things better. I'd be much more concerned with whether or not my daughter is happy. To many douches out there these days hitting women, cheating, etc. If the guy is named Stack$ but treats my daughter like a queen then I'd consider myself one lucky dad.

Honestly, people taping and leaking taped personal conversations for profit needs to be shamed more than it is. All we care about is that two old white dudes, Hogan and Sterling, are predictably racist, when we should be talking about the people who recorded them are grubby piece of shit.

Agreed. I can't fault anyone who is black for taking offense to what was said or changing their views on those men for what they said, yet at the same time, the real pieces of shit are the people who secretly record it, then leak it to the press.

Apparently calling him the N word would be your reaction. I don't see how calling him the N word makes things better. I'd be much more concerned with whether or not my daughter is happy. To many douches out there these days hitting women, cheating, etc. If the guy is named Stack$ but treats my daughter like a queen then I'd consider myself one lucky dad.
What's the over-under on that?

And to quote Harrell and Kumar. He's not black, he's barely brown.

That being said, let's record everybody's personal conversations and see what comes of that (especially those who leaked the tape).

What exactly did the poor bloke do wrong?

Why have words become so frowned upon in America? Who really gives a shit if Hulk Hogan described someone in a derogatory way?

You do know the difference between words and racial slurs do you? Nevermind don't answer that question, the answer will be stupid regardless

I can't hold a comment from a private, stolen tape against someone.

No. I wouldn't say shit to him or be mad. But one take I would tear him to pieces and make sure the parts were never found. It is about him being a POS not a certain color.

meh...who cares

How well would anybody stack up if some of their worst private comments were made public? Maybe it was a bad day, maybe deep down he is more racist than he realized until the situation, maybe he was just lashing out and saying generalities based on a desire to tear upon one person? Any is possible, none of them particularly interest me. The people around him seem to support he treats people equally.

If underneath it part of it is an act, well at least he has the decency to not let if affect how he acts. I am sure there were plenty of white kids in "Make A Wish" that wanted to see him but supposedly he did it for several black kids. Was it a p.R. thin? Again, who know sand who cares? I'm sure everyone has private thoughts i wouldn't want to hear. But I am content to form an opinion on them based on how they treat people. The rest we just will never have enough details on.

Back