Hulk Hogan's apology - do you buy it?

I agree. Those terms are all dumb and nowhere near as offensive as the word Hogan used. But they're used because there is no word that is as offensive or destructive. If there were such words, they'd be used.

So basically you're saying if white people were a minority that had a history of being systematically segregated by a majority (which doesn't exist) than a perjorative word with weight would actually exist???

Yes, I agree.

Words aren't symmetrical through culture. There is a reason why the phrase "You throw like a boy!" holds no weight.

Lol at Big Poppa Pump. Those were good days.

Last edited:
I don't it but I also don't care about the whole situation.

This doesn't affect my view on Hulk at all

So basically you're saying if white people were a minority that had a history of being systematically segregated by a majority (which doesn't exist) than a perjorative word with weight would actually exist???

Yes, I agree.

Words aren't symmetrical through culture. There is a reason why the phrase "You throw like a boy!" holds no weight.

Yup. There is no equally ugly word, so in moments of ignorance and/or rage when someone who wants to use the ugliest slur they can find, they will do so, even if the ugliest one doesn't hold any weight.

So, for example, if for whatever reason, I'm infuriated with a white person to the point that I want to use hateful terms, let's say I resort to "white trash". Sure, that doesn't carry anywhere near the weight of the racial slurs someone else could use against me. But that's because I don't have an uglier term at hand; not because I'm more moral or have better control of myself. I'm being just as stupid as Hogan was with his terms; I just didn't have as strong of a slur available.

Back