How Would Ferguson do against Gaethje?

Maybe. It's hard to tell if he's really slowed down at all. He may have, but it could just be a slight amount.

I still think current Tony finishes Justin but at 36...the clock is ticking for sure.
Tony maybe the #4 or 5 greatest LW of all time but Penn maybe top 2 but IMO neither of them are anymore.

Tony maybe the #4 or 5 greatest LW of all time but Penn maybe top 2 but IMO neither of them are anymore.

I like how you just compared a guy on a 12 fight win streak with a guy on like an 8 fight losing streak. Well done bro, not even kidding. That's impressive. <BC1>

This is the second best fight at LW in my opinion; below Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov and above Poirier vs. Ferguson.

I think Gaethje would knock Ferguson out, due to Ferguson's porous defense and tendency to take big shots - getting dropped by Pettis isn't a good sign. Ferguson also got hit a lot by Cerrone.

A combination of devastating leg kicks (Gaethje traded leg kicks with Barboza lol) and a of power in every one of his strikes, leads me to believe that Gaethje is a dangerous fight for Ferguson and would likely put him out. Ferguson doesn't have dangerous one-shot power, but he is great at setting a high pace for five rounds.. but isn't very consistent with his defense, and early on, his chin is always there to be cracked.

Especially now at 36, - I think prime Gaethje would have beaten Ferguson up; however, Ferguson gets put to sleep in 2020 by Gaethje if they were to fight.

Thoughts?
JG takes way more punishment than Tony and has been finished more times than Tony.

Ferguson puts JG to sleep inside 3 rounds.

I like how you just compared a guy on a 12 fight win streak with a guy on like an 8 fight losing streak. Well done bro, not even kidding. That's impressive. <BC1>
I could throw Travis Fulton (HW) in the conversation with his 40 fight winning streak if it makes you feel better but who you fight matters. Penn fought in a bunch of weight classes against HOF fighters in their prime. Tony is fighting past prime gatekeepers. It makes a difference. Penn also fought Lyoto at HW, that is absolutely some beast mode shit !

I could throw Travis Fulton (HW) in the conversation with his 40 fight winning streak if it makes you feel better but who you fight matters. Penn fought in a bunch of weight classes against HOF fighters in their prime. Tony is fighting past prime gatekeepers. It makes a difference. Penn also fought Lyoto at HW, that is absolutely some beast mode shit !

What was Fulton's record in the UFC? Tony is beating ranked guys. I get that you like to try to decide who is a good win and who isn't (and that's okay, I do it too) but the reality is that Tony is fighting all ranked guys for years, in the best org, and not losing.

It's funny. Either Tony's streak should be easy to replicate in the UFC by lots of guys if it's not that impressive or the UFC is somehow protecting him by not making him fight top guys. Yet...we know that they don't want to protect Tony at all. In fact, they've wanted him to lose for years because they don't think he's marketable. So they aren't giving him cupcake matchups, he's fighting ranked guys and winning. Hmm....

What was Fulton's record in the UFC? Tony is beating ranked guys. I get that you like to try to decide who is a good win and who isn't (and that's okay, I do it too) but the reality is that Tony is fighting all ranked guys for years, in the best org, and not losing.

It's funny. Either Tony's streak should be easy to replicate in the UFC by lots of guys if it's not that impressive or the UFC is somehow protecting him by not making him fight top guys. Yet...we know that they don't want to protect Tony at all. In fact, they've wanted him to lose for years because they don't think he's marketable. So they aren't giving him cupcake matchups, he's fighting ranked guys and winning. Hmm....
Dont mother mate... trolls troll

The other possibility that you left out is Tony is avoiding real fights and not fighting much at all these days. Tony has stepped away from many fights and you know it. He was offered Max, MJ2, and turned them down. Max was for the last shot at the title. Tony was afraid to fight . He has missed the Khabib fight 4 times. Only two times were his fault (including most recent) but Khabib fights any way and anyone . If Khabib is out Tony is afraid to fight anyone else and lose that streak. 3 fights to three gatekeepers in 3 years ? At least Fulton will fight every week and he certainly doesn’t care who.

Dont mother mate... trolls troll

Nah @old school 2 is ma boy. We have our thing here, give each other shit. He trolls me, I troll him a bit, etc.

Sometimes we post serious stuff, but mostly we just give each other crap. He loves Khabib and Conor (I know, kinda weird but that's his deal). I'm a Tony fan. All good.

Nah @old school 2 is ma boy. We have our thing here, give each other shit. He trolls me, I troll him a bit, etc.

Sometimes we post serious stuff, but mostly we just give each other crap. He loves Khabib and Conor (I know, kinda weird but that's his deal). I'm a Tony fan. All good.
I know we both laugh at this stuff. I also love Double J in the women’s division and respect the hell out of Bones for his accomplishments inside the ring.

It is crazy the how top 4 fighters except for Conor/Khabib have not faced each other.

It's the fight I've wanted since gaethje came to the UFC. Either Gaethje finishes him in the first 12 minutes, or Tony carves him up. I don't think Tony's legs would be able to handle the leg kicks after his surgery though.

Tony subs him once his gas tank empties out. Or Justin finally retires Tony's chin

The other possibility that you left out is Tony is avoiding real fights and not fighting much at all these days. Tony has stepped away from many fights and you know it. He was offered Max, MJ2, and turned them down. Max was for the last shot at the title. Tony was afraid to fight . He has missed the Khabib fight 4 times. Only two times were his fault (including most recent) but Khabib fights any way and anyone . If Khabib is out Tony is afraid to fight anyone else and lose that streak. 3 fights to three gatekeepers in 3 years ? At least Fulton will fight every week and he certainly doesn’t care who.

Ahh so on his 12 fight win streak you've chosen two times when he's "refused to fight". Except, it's documented that he WAS willing to fight MJ but the UFC tried to cut his pay from what he had previously agreed to. You do realize this is a business, right? You agree to fight on a certain night for a certain amount, and then they tell you to fight for much less? That's not avoiding a fight to anyone who thinks even somewhat rationally. And then Max...Tony's weird legal situation at the time was pretty well documented. But even if you want to say he avoided that one fight...it's ONE fight and had he taken it and won you'd just be saying "Well he fought a FW so who cares..." (C'mon bro, be honest LOL).

Why would you bring up the Khabib thing, that's just weird. Tony shreds his knee and lobbies to STILL fight, but the time before that Khabib has cramps and calls his camp into his hotel room to take him to the hospital. Who didn't want to fight now LOL...???o_O

Not sure if anyone already posted this or not but Gaethje ducked Tony last year.

He said it was too short of notice which is fair but it's the same notice that Tony was OK to fight Gaethje on.

Tony probably takes him into deep waters and outlasts him but could also be a tough style matchup with how hittable Tony can be early in fights + Gaethje's power.

He'd take him into deep water and drown him like he does everyone else.

Ahh so on his 12 fight win streak you've chosen two times when he's "refused to fight". Except, it's documented that he WAS willing to fight MJ but the UFC tried to cut his pay from what he had previously agreed to. You do realize this is a business, right? You agree to fight on a certain night for a certain amount, and then they tell you to fight for much less? That's not avoiding a fight to anyone who thinks even somewhat rationally. And then Max...Tony's weird legal situation at the time was pretty well documented. But even if you want to say he avoided that one fight...it's ONE fight and had he taken it and won you'd just be saying "Well he fought a FW so who cares..." (C'mon bro, be honest LOL).

Why would you bring up the Khabib thing, that's just weird. Tony shreds his knee and lobbies to STILL fight, but the time before that Khabib has cramps and calls his camp into his hotel room to take him to the hospital. Who didn't want to fight now LOL...???o_O
I have already gone on record with you that Tony doesn’t show on 4/18 . Khabib is going to fight someone else (Gaejhe, Conor,whoever) if it is Khabib who doesn’t show then Tony doesn’t fight period. He won’t risk the streak for anything less than a belt.

I know we both laugh at this stuff. I also love Double J in the women’s division and respect the hell out of Bones for his accomplishments inside the ring.

I can't argue with Jones. He's a shitty human being, but I don't care about the PED thing much. He's still the best fighter I've ever seen.

JJ...I hope Weili does the same thing to her that Rose did the first time. JJ is a great fighter but also a delusional dumbass.

jg always looks tired in the 3/4 round imo
and tony is a patient wolf
once he smells the blood its over

Back