How Would Ferguson do against Gaethje?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is the second best fight at LW in my opinion; below Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov and above Poirier vs. Ferguson.

I think Gaethje would knock Ferguson out, due to Ferguson's porous defense and tendency to take big shots - getting dropped by Pettis isn't a good sign. Ferguson also got hit a lot by Cerrone.

A combination of devastating leg kicks (Gaethje traded leg kicks with Barboza lol) and a of power in every one of his strikes, leads me to believe that Gaethje is a dangerous fight for Ferguson and would likely put him out. Ferguson doesn't have dangerous one-shot power, but he is great at setting a high pace for five rounds.. but isn't very consistent with his defense, and early on, his chin is always there to be cracked.

Especially now at 36, - I think prime Gaethje would have beaten Ferguson up; however, Ferguson gets put to sleep in 2020 by Gaethje if they were to fight.

Thoughts?

Gaethje has suspect cardio, if he doesn't finish Tony in the first couple of rounds he'd eventually get TKO'd. 70/30 Tony IMO.

This fight needs to happen. So much violence.

Sadly I think Justin will be the first person to finish tony with strikes:(

Tony will find a way. He always does

If I had to pick, it would be Gaethje solely due him having considerable knockout power plus a tough chin to match, while Ferguson unfortunately doesn't have the best chin or striking defense. We have seen him rocked before a few times. Won't be an easy fight for either though but at the end of the day, Khabib is a tougher fight for both and theres a reason why hes champ

A pool of blood with geichi sinking in

Tony viciously beats up Gaethje and finishes him with the D'arce choke.

Look their last 7 to 10 fights and judge for yourself

A beatdown between Anthony Pettis' and Cerrone's. Gaethje would double his CTE with this match only, you do the math.

Gonna need a butcher's apron for this bloodbath. Either way the fans win. Would be an excellent fight

If I got a free bet I'd put it on El Cucuy for a second round victory.
If I could bet, it would be for Gaethje to knock Ferguson out in the second round, I can't see how Ferguson finishes Gaethje this early on in the fight. A third or fourth round finish is much more likely.

Perhaps...
giphy.gif

If I could bet, it would be for Gaethje to knock Ferguson out in the second round, I can't see how Ferguson finishes Gaethje this early on in the fight. A third or fourth round finish is much more likely.

Accumilation of damage

Love both Gaethje and Ferguson. IMO, the fans will be the winner if they fight. That would be a UFC classic bout for sure. Both have ways they can win and lose. I would slightly favor Tony if the fight were today. Next year, I might see things differently. Both are high mileage fighters especially Tony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back