How Would Ferguson do against Gaethje?

Either win or lose with a chance of a draw or no contest

I think Ferguson will win he has a good chin, and better cardio will pick him apart. Mike Johnson rocked Gaethje but couldnt rock Ferguson with a broken arm.

If I had to pick, it would be Gaethje solely due him having considerable knockout power plus a tough chin to match, while Ferguson unfortunately doesn't have the best chin or striking defense. We have seen him rocked before a few times. Won't be an easy fight for either though but at the end of the day, Khabib is a tougher fight for both and theres a reason why hes champ

Fergusons has a good chin. He hasnt been stopped unlike Gaethje who has been stopped twice, and almost stopped by Mike Johnson guy who couldnt rock Tony.

Tony's jab and reach would bust Gaethje up badly. There's chance that Tony overcommits and Justin times one perfectly for the KO, but I'll go with the guy we've never seen broken in the UFC over the one we've seen break multiple times in a shorter UFC career.

Conor starches them both. Justin probably beats tony.

We've seen Justin KO'd and slow down as the fights went on. I think in a 5 round fight he'd lose a hard fought decision to Tony but I think he'd be favored in a 3 round fight.

So because Gaethje ko'd glass vick, and weight depleted Cowboy suddenly he's this huge KO machine? And Gaethje has a better chin then Ferguson who has never been stopped even though gaethje has been KO'd twice? They both have similar fighting styles so either Ferguson has better defense or his chin is better. If old Gaethje shows up he gets picked apart, if its the patinet Gaethje i seen vs Cowboy he could give Tony some problems

Ferguson would lose some of that crimson stuff meant to be kept inside the body but would either stop or sub gaejthe inside the 10 minute mark.

Probably Tony subs him late in the fight after Gaethje gets tired and sloppy.

So because Gaethje ko'd glass vick, and weight depleted Cowboy suddenly he's this huge KO machine? And Gaethje has a better chin then Ferguson who has never been stopped even though gaethje has been KO'd twice? They both have similar fighting styles so either Ferguson has better defense or his chin is better. If old Gaethje shows up he gets picked apart, if its the patinet Gaethje i seen vs Cowboy he could give Tony some problems

It's also as much about Tony as it is about Gaethje. The Tony that fights long and focuses on his jab just absolutely ruins faces without taking so many chances. He did it vs RDA, especially in the second half of the fight. That Tony would just maul any version of Justin. Tony has too much reach and doesn't slow down.

But...

There is the Tony that can't help but try crazy stuff and as amazing as it is to watch (and as much as it sometimes helps him deal damage to opponents) it also leaves him vulnerable at times to getting hit (which we've seen). So...Tony would be favored and rightly so. And I think he'd finish Justin. But Tony always gives us that uncertainty because he walks that razor's edge.

If Tony shows up against Khabib he is getting ready to become a can on Sherdog. He will get the fight beat out of him by Khabib and KTFO by Gaejhe,Conor or Poirier. 4 losses in a row if he fights them

It's also as much about Tony as it is about Gaethje. The Tony that fights long and focuses on his jab just absolutely ruins faces without taking so many chances. He did it vs RDA, especially in the second half of the fight. That Tony would just maul any version of Justin. Tony has too much reach and doesn't slow down.

But...

There is the Tony that can't help but try crazy stuff and as amazing as it is to watch (and as much as it sometimes helps him deal damage to opponents) it also leaves him vulnerable at times to getting hit (which we've seen). So...Tony would be favored and rightly so. And I think he'd finish Justin. But Tony always gives us that uncertainty because he walks that razor's edge.
4 years ago when he fought RDA you would be right but he is 4 years past prime. Gaejhe is a problem.

So much fucking violence
<{JustBleed}>
Gaethje by KO

4 years ago when he fought RDA you would be right but he is 4 years past prime. Gaejhe is a problem.

Maybe. It's hard to tell if he's really slowed down at all. He may have, but it could just be a slight amount.

I still think current Tony finishes Justin but at 36...the clock is ticking for sure.

Seriously!?!?! Tony Ferguson... every round... easily...

Gaethje would knock him dead and is a much better wrestler which means Ferg would have to fight where Gaethje wants to fight. The fight would be fought on the feet and Ferg gets knocked down multiple times in every fight because his defense and balance when throwing his own strikes is abysmal so Gaethje by KO would be the intelligent bet.

Back