Social how long has this cultural and political divide been going on in the US?

Viewing it as “evolved” is left bias. The right doesnt view it from the lens of “yes now we’re progressing” its more along the lines of “do whatever you want as long as it doesnt bother me or my family “

the tension died down circa, 2008-2011. I dont think anyone can deny that.
Then ramped up in 2014

I absolutely deny that. We just had a huge recession to shit our pants about that took center stage. When Obama took Office, despite a real mandate, the Republicans stated goal from the outset was complete obstruction.

I sometimes wonder how I'm perceived, politically, by some people. I consider myself a centrist to be honest, but fuck knows.

Things I firmly believe in:
- Gay rights / marriage / rights for gay couples to adopt (with a caveat, being that a male child will be heavily bullied and that needs to be taken into consideration).
- Abortion, 100% for it. No issue with it at all.
- Racial equality.

Things I certainly don't believe in:
- Preferential treatment for ethnic minorities simply because they are ethnic minorities (reparations etc)
- That there are more than two genders.
- That someone identifying as 'trans' should be allowed access to women's spaces.

Pretty centrist over here, maybe even slightly left in America imo.

PP_16.04.26_polarization.gif

This is fascinating. Pretty clear that since the proliferation of social media, the fringe elements of both parties have grown and the centrist base of both have shrunk.

Perhaps one positive outcome from this would be a 3rd political party in the middle (Centrist Party) that could gobble up the people in the Republican and Democratic parties that are not batshit crazy yet.

Pretty centrist over here, maybe even slightly left in America imo.

That's the mad thing - it's all subjective.

If I was speaking to a member of the Aryan Brotherhood, they'd call me a bleeding heart liberal. If I was speaking to some screeching, pink and blue-haired, gender fluid freak, they'd call me literally Hitler.

I sometimes wonder how I'm perceived, politically, by some people. I consider myself a centrist to be honest, but fuck knows.

Things I firmly believe in:
- Gay rights / marriage / rights for gay couples to adopt (with a caveat, being that a male child will be heavily bullied and that needs to be taken into consideration).
- Abortion, 100% for it. No issue with it at all.
- Racial equality.

Things I certainly don't believe in:
- Preferential treatment for ethnic minorities simply because they are ethnic minorities (reparations etc)
- That there are more than two genders.
- That someone identifying as 'trans' should be allowed access to women's spaces.

I pretty much almost have the same views. But now we're called Nazis, conspiracy theorists, far-right, or whatever label is the latest insult NPCs are using just because we disagree with the degeneracy the so-called "progressives" are pushing.

As long as there are nut jobs in office..

I pretty much have the same views. But now we're called Nazis, conspiracy theorists, far-right, or whatever label is the latest insult NPCs are using just because we disagree with the degeneracy the so-called "progressives" are pushing.

Well stop spouting racist conspiracy BS and people will stop calling you out on it.

How many times a day do I see posts about "Cultural Marxism"?

It's literally a far right / nazi / white supremacist conspiracy theory.

For quite a while. And it’s a lot of the same playbook. Some of the stuff the right is spewing and scaring people about is straight out of the kkk playbook. Communism and atheism. And even in 2016 trump was taking a page out of the goebbels/nazi propaganda talking points with fake news.

Earliest I remember was I was just getting in high school and it was the Clarence Thomas/Anita hill stuff.

Well stop spouting racist conspiracy BS and people will stop calling you out on it.

What "racist conspiracy BS" have I posted?

Still waiting on you to explain how 'Cultural Marxism" is an anti-semetic theory when none of us have said anything about Semites. Let me guess "something something dog whistle..."

When people say "Cultural Marxism" they're just referring to the effort to split up, divide, and create conflicts within the general population along cultural and social lines in order to break down and control society. Thats it.

That's the mad thing - it's all subjective.

If I was speaking to a member of the Aryan Brotherhood, they'd call me a bleeding heart liberal. If I was speaking to some screeching, pink and blue-haired, gender fluid freak, they'd call me literally Hitler.

lol, my solution is to not talk to those people. {<redford}

What "racist conspiracy BS" have I posted?

I'm not calling you out personally, I'm not familiar with your posts tbh. I was referring to your use of the word "we" which I assume means the right wing spectrum of folks in here.

I'm not calling you out personally, I'm not familiar with your posts tbh. I was referring to your use of the word "we" which I assume means the right wing spectrum of folks in here.

Well, I was just agreeing with @The_Renaissance in that we hold mostly centrist views but get insulted or labeled far-right if we disagree with some of the things the progressive left is advocating for. So by "we" I meant people with views similar to @The_Renaissance and I.

Well, I was just agreeing with @The_Renaissance in that we hold mostly centrist views but get insulted or labeled far-right if we disagree with some of the things the progressive left is advocating for. So by "we" I meant people with views similar to @The_Renaissance and I.

Yep, I'm a right-winger who believes in gay marriage, gay rights to adopt and abortion. Extremely right-wing, me.

I would call it devolving. Because as this cultural Marxist movement grows, America decays.

Call me a gimmick if you want, but I'm correct.

Papi, it's like 50 percent of Republicans that accept gay marriage nowadays though. Things are changing.

Yep, I'm a right-winger who believes in gay marriage, gay rights to adopt and abortion. Extremely right-wing, me.

this is the great divider these days IMO, if you aren’t very far left or right you are the enemy.

Hell I’m more of a center leaning leftist and tend to vote Democrat but I can’t count how many times I’ve been called right-wing, republican, racist, nazi etc online. It’s honestly funny.

this is the great divider these days IMO, if you aren’t very far left or right you are the enemy.

Hell I’m more of a center leaning leftist and tend to vote Democrat but I can’t count how many times I’ve been called right-wing, republican, racist, nazi etc online. It’s honestly funny.

Eventually though, those calling you a Nazi will be called that themselves. The left is eating itself alive. The next 'thing' will be 'trans-species' and if you don't believe that Mike Jones from California (who identifies as a dolphin) should be allowed to rape, steal and murder because, as a dolphin, he isn't bound by human law.......you will be a Nazi.

The same feminist leftists calling people Nazis will find themselves in the firing line themselves, when they don't want their children to be sexually abused by the Virtuous Paedophile Movement.

Fair enough, but you can make the same argument for anyone disagreeing with right wing stuff in here being flamed as a Communist or Marxist or terrorist etc.

Back