Social how long has this cultural and political divide been going on in the US?

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know there has always been tension between the right and left, but in the past few years or so it’s been more cutthroat than ever, it seems, With no signs of slowing down and less and less bipartisan topics existing in the cultural conversation.

It seems like every single topic, concept, or ideology has become binary: Either something that aligns with the left or on the right. And if someone supports it, the other side criticizes them heavily.

I feel like not that long ago, maybe 2011 or so, it was perfectly reasonable and quite normal to have opinions from both sides. Now it seems people are Shuttling more and more to the side that aligns more closely with them and discarding some of their former ideas that a line with the opposite side.

When did this all start? And what do you think made it All start? I know this has been asked quite a few times, but it seems like so many people still deny that there’s a divide in this country.

Since the beginning but social media and the bias MSM has really amplified it in the last decade and made everything hyper political.

10 years ago, people didn’t care about Wendy’s corporate stance on transgenders but now everything is a big deal. Social media and outrage culture are awful and the mainstream media is the cancer that is speeding up the death of western civilization

The cultural and political divide has been gradually increasing but I think we formed completely different standards and worldviews around 2015

At this point, there's probably not much use for debate (to change the other side), because the two sides operate with completely different morals, standards and worldviews.

A segment of Anerica that used to be the majority is dying faster than it can replenish its ranks. That's pretty much the crux of it...surround by a lot of nuance of course.

Obama being elected set shit off in an unprecedented way but the country had been bubbling for decades prior as demographics changed.

It really started much earlier than that. We are just seeing the high level of control that the Marxists have over the country now. There was a progression of advancement for the agenda going back to the 60s and 70s. First came the infiltration of education. It was complete by the time I entered the college system in the early 90s, but one could still defend traditional ideas (like free market principles being better than Communism, etc.) without being called Hitler, unlike now. When I studied education over the years, it became clear that a dramatic shift began in the mid 2000s, culminating with the insanity we have in the education system today. I witnessed the Marxist infiltration and corruption in the education system firsthand, from both sides. By the 2010s, Marxist ideology was in full control of education. It is really a complicated question, but education has never really been about anything other than producing obedient worker drones anyway, but now, they don't even teach anything useful. I left education because I couldn't deal with the endemic fraud and Marxist nonsense.

A segment of Anerica that used to be the majority is dying faster than it can replenish its ranks. That's pretty much the crux of it...surround by a lot of nuance of course.

Obama being elected set shit off in an unprecedented way but the country had been bubbling for decades prior as demographics changed.

I noticed a big change after Obama’s election.

Obama being elected set shit off in an unprecedented way but the country had been bubbling for decades
In it's current state? Since about 2008... Go figure.
I noticed a big change after Obama’s election.

The hyper-politicized culture war shit didn't really start spilling out into the open until his second term though IMO, which coincided with the proliferation of social media as not only a dominant form of communication and debate, but gave a much wider public platform to literally anybody who sought to have one. People were more worried about the GFC recession and recovery during his first go.

it will never end.

there aint no going back now.

The hyper-politicized culture war shit didn't really start spilling out into the open until his second term though IMO, which coincided with the proliferation of social media as not only a dominant form of communication and debate, but gave a much wider public platform to literally anybody who sought to have one. People were more worried about the GFC recession and recovery during his first go.
Hard to argue with this... but I also don't think it's any coincidence he was African American.

It really started much earlier than that. We are just seeing the high level of control that the Marxists have over the country now. There was a progression of advancement for the agenda going back to the 60s and 70s. First came the infiltration of education. It was complete by the time I entered the college system in the early 90s, but one could still defend traditional ideas (like free market principles being better than Communism, etc.) without being called Hitler, unlike now. When I studied education over the years, it became clear that a dramatic shift began in the mid 2000s, culminating with the insanity we have in the education system today. I witnessed the Marxist infiltration and corruption in the education system firsthand, from both sides. By the 2010s, Marxist ideology was in full control of education. It is really a complicated question, but education has never really been about anything other than producing obedient worker drones anyway, but now, they don't even teach anything useful. I left education because I couldn't deal with the endemic fraud and Marxist nonsense.
<45>

I think the country has become polarized in a lot of ways. The neighborhood I grew up in had a mix of people living next door to each other. My parents were teachers, the guy across the street worked for a trucking company, and the neighbor next to him was a corporate lawyer. I don't think you get that kind of mix anymore. People live in more segregated communities. The wealth divide has increased dramatically and that has exacerbated this separation, no way a corporate lawyer is living next to a trucker these days. That corporate lawyer is living in a gated community next to a bunch of other rich white-collar workers. And of course the rise of modern media, when I was a kid there were 3 TV stations, so everyone was watching the same thing. All these things contribute to people living separate lives and having completely disparate world views.

I noticed in the lead up to the 2008 election, there was a lot of rhetoric like:

this is historical”, “we have to vote for him”, “first black president”, “if you vote for McCain, you’re kinda racist/backwards”, “it’s MLK’s dream!”

From what I remember from that election, the actual policies of the candidates were secondary. No-one seemed to care, it was all about the story!

Before that election, while their were some divisions, no-one really cared that much about race, at least from my own personal experiences. Since around 2007, it seems like almost everything is about race.

Cultural Marxism. Like the poster above explained its been in full effect since the 60s. There has been a shift over the last 10 years but that's just a culmination of various agendas coming into fruition. All the groundwork laid down in the 60s-90s started to really show itself in the mid-2000s.

The true foundation for the cultural marxism ravaging our society today was the Civil Rights Movement. The CRM was a Bolshevik financed Black Communist movement no different than BLM is today. Its important to really wrap your mind around this fact. The reason conservatives have such a hard time fending off constant pushes for the creation, acceptance, and "equality" of more and more identities and groups of people is because they accepted the idea of "racial equality". The very concept of "equality", regardless of the catalyst, is the fuel that runs Marxism.

America simply cannot last as a society until they reject the Equality Doctrine across the board. But that is most likely an impossibility at this point. The cancer is terminal.

When did this all start? And what do you think made it All start? I know this has been asked quite a few times, but it seems like so many people still deny that there’s a divide in this country.
It got worse over the decades, so alot earlier than 2011. The 80s was the turning point I think.

Back