1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social how long has this cultural and political divide been going on in the US?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Diogenes of Sinope, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Karl_Hungus Purple Belt

Marx very specifically was a degenerate who avoided work as much as possible, constantly borrowed money without paying it back, and refused to acknowledge his illegitimate child and dumping it on Engles instead.

2. HomeCheese Black Belt

I think it really began in earnest with Newt Gingrich in the mid 90's. I think he was the first huge asshole and resigned in discrase if I remember correctly. What we see now in an evolution of his tactics.

3. Tireur889 Blue Belt

I would say around 2004. I remember the left pushed 9-11 conspiracy theories, claimed Bush was the next Hitler and other nonsense. I remember Alec Baldwin and other celebrities said that they would move out of America if Bush was reelected.After Obama was elected , the right started push conspiracy theories that Obama was a Muslim, that he was gay, that Michelle was a man, and other nonsense. I pretty much stopped paying attention to politics around the 2016 election.

4. Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

Well for a few decades at least, to a point.

However it's risen exponentially since social media has been around.

5. Dalarna3 Purple Belt

The worse our decline in quality of life is, the higher faux political drama needs to be to distract the public.

evergreenrider and aerius like this.
  6. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

I first noticed it in 2008 when as a young college kid if you didn't vote for Obama you were racist, no other answers accepted.

And Bush was Hitler was pretty popular, too

7. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Probably ever since the Republican party was started to end slavery and all the Democrats that owned the plantations were not exactly fans of the idea.

8. deltapapha Brown Belt

honestly didn't go full above ground until somewhere around 2013-15, the Left began to aggressively push and/or side with identity politics and particularly relating to trans issues. That is frankly what kind of radicalized me (on the Right). I have always been right wing but the moment they starting pushing for allowing dudes in dresses to use same facilities as women: locker-rooms, restrooms. Basically the moment Obama's 2nd term kicked off the divide really started becoming deep and intense and fairly irreconcilable via standard political avenues of expression.

Try as I might, I can't imagine how we are not going to end up in a national divorce.

9. deltapapha Brown Belt

Yeah, I just made a post saying started really severely at kick-off of Obama 2nd term. In fact, the more I think about it, the more Obama 2nd term has a particular salience for me on this topic. Our Republic really began to tear apart when just after legalized gay marriage the Left basically said, "Alright we got this, now let's take it all the way. Let's finish what we started in the 60s."

10. evansusmc2 Red Belt

I'd say shit went off the deep end in 2013 - 2015. When all the sudden people thought it was optional to obey the police.

11. Cuzcatlan Genial Thierry Henry

uppercutbus likes this.
  12. jamesmiller14 Hoosier Daddy

It got pretty intense during the 1860's.

13. TheRealHNIC Purple Belt

Bruh...

From your own link:

• With respect to homeownership, unemployment, and incarceration, America has failed to deliver any progress for African Americans over the last five decades. In these areas, their situation has either failed to improve relative to whites or has worsened. In 2017 the black unemployment rate was 7.5 percent, up from 6.7 percent in 1968, and is still roughly twice the white unemployment rate. In 2015, the black homeownership rate was just over 40 percent, virtually unchanged since 1968, and trailing a full 30 points behind the white homeownership rate, which saw modest gains over the same period. And the share of African Americans in prison or jail almost tripled between 1968 and 2016 and is currently more than six times the white incarceration rate.
    Again, you'r claim was that forced integration was necessary for black people to improve economically. According to your own link: 60 yrs later we have less home ownership, higher unemployment, and triple the incarceration rate.

^ This isn't success or 'progress'. This isn't being 'better positioned'. Its the exact opposite lol. Again, you're assertion is completely false and unsubstantiated.

My claim was that forced integration cut black America off at the knees and have locked us into the bottom rung of society. You asked me for substantiation. Here you go:

• With respect to homeownership, unemployment, and incarceration, America has failed to deliver any progress for African Americans over the last five decades. In these areas, their situation has either failed to improve relative to whites or has worsened. In 2017 the black unemployment rate was 7.5 percent, up from 6.7 percent in 1968, and is still roughly twice the white unemployment rate. In 2015, the black homeownership rate was just over 40 percent, virtually unchanged since 1968, and trailing a full 30 points behind the white homeownership rate, which saw modest gains over the same period. And the share of African Americans in prison or jail almost tripled between 1968 and 2016 and is currently more than six times the white incarceration rate.
    https://www.epi.org/publication/50-years-after-the-kerner-commission/

You have failed to provide any evidence or compelling arguments that forced integration was a good and necessary thing. What you have shown with hood own links is that at the very least forced integration has been ineffective.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  14. Cariñito Brown Belt

Since 1776.
    People forgot about the Civil War? Civil Rights Movement? Vietnam War? Other stuff I cant think of.
    I remember walking into a CD store 15 years ago and they had countdown clocks to when President Bush officially wasn't President.
    This isnt new.

15. Black Paladin Funniest Sherdogger, P4P

No.

Just based on YOUR POSTS ON HERE from the past week, we can see that the civil rights movement is still need, and that the racism that is discussed is occurring.

16. TheRealHNIC Purple Belt

He's completely right