How I think Lawler vs Condit goes

KillerElite

Carlos Condit knees people in the face
@Black
Reaction score
I think either man could win this but not without blood.
Carlos Condit vs Robbie Lawler
6'2 5'11
76.0 74.0
170 170
30-8 26-10
Lets Start
Striking: Even. I think their strengths cancel each other out.
tumblr_mdqhkmeQ6Z1rh67fso1_500.gif

tumblr_nrcwq9PtkO1smehdno1_500.gif

Grappling: Even. Robbie has great wrestling shown in the matt brown fights and carlos condit has one of the most dangerous guards in mma.
Power: Lawler. I think in a pure brawl robbie would win.
Conditioning: Condit obviously. Robbie fades in the 4th and 5th round. You don't do that against some of condit's stature.
Chin: Even I think when diaz KO'D Lawler he gained a super chin. Condit ate big riggs left hands for dinner.
tumblr_mjtnxffzj91rrz05go2_500.gif
tumblr_nrcwcqbHJg1smehdno1_500.gif

X- Factors: Carlos' Cardio I truly think If Robbie Gasses like has done in the past he will lose.
Robbie Lawler's power. No matter what lawler always has that chance to ko you shown in the Macdonald rematch.
My prediction: Carlos Condit by decision or late round KO. I do think However that robbie can win as well.
Lawler-Lip-600x400.jpg
3zeG6.png

Nice unbiased breakdown. Can't wait for this fight....

This fight will come down to the details you're avoiding. Their striking won't cancel each other out. Its where the advantage where be found in this fight.

I'm hoping Carlos finds it first.

I can tell you exactly how it goes, and I'm going to bump this thread when it happens, play-by-play, how I predict.

1st rd: Robbie wins 10-9 by landing the better shots, though Condit keeps it competitive. Robbie may get a TD, but he'll do absolutely nothing with it but defend subs until he just lets Condit stand back up.

2nd rd: Starts out like the first, but Condit starts to get the better of the exchanges. He hurts Lawler seriously towards the end but doesn't finish. Condit 10-9.

3rd rd: Condit finishes him via tko end of the rd, dominating most of the rd.

Robbie tries to exchange kicks and loses
Jk lol

Robbie has great wrestling... what

Condit by tko hopefully.

Lawler has really good cardio. I doubt it will be much of a factor at all in this fight because Condit isn't going to wrestle if he can help it.

Is everyone forgetting how much cage rust Condition must have by now, and also his trust in his knee. Will he favor it, and be weary, or will he be the same fighter?

A guy that relies on elite level cardio and movement has to have some type of negative affects from tearing an ACL, and having to train to explode again, rather than being able to evolve, and learn new things as a fighter. I bet he had to recondition, and re practice all the moves he already knows. He could've been learning a ton more technique, and moves if he didn't tear his ACL.

Obviously, combat sports is much different than ball sports, but you have to imagine he's affected by his last injury.

I see my Aldo/Mcgregor breakdown has inspired you :). Good breakdown, I see it going the same way also.

I can tell you exactly how it goes, and I'm going to bump this thread when it happens, play-by-play, how I predict.

1st rd: Robbie wins 10-9 by landing the better shots, though Condit keeps it competitive. Robbie may get a TD, but he'll do absolutely nothing with it but defend subs until he just lets Condit stand back up.

2nd rd: Starts out like the first, but Condit starts to get the better of the exchanges. He hurts Lawler seriously towards the end but doesn't finish. Condit 10-9.

3rd rd: Condit finishes him via tko end of the rd, dominating most of the rd.

I imagine it going kinda similar to this except its much more competitive and Condit takes it in the fourth or early in the 5th

Lawler takes the first rounds. Condit will win the later rounds and maybe finish him.

Two of my favorite fighters. I hate that one of them will have to lose. I think Condit wins this by TKO in the 4th or 5th round.

But, the only outcome that would truly surprise me is if Lawler wins by submission.

Condit is so ..... overrated. The guy is super uncoordinated and did not look good at all in his last fight

Condit gets hit too much. He's fighting Robbie Lawler, if Lawler lands good enough and smells blood it's going to be over I don't care how tough Condit is. That said I'm not predicting Lawler wins, I'm more hoping he does. I'd favor him like 55/45 or 60/40 at the most.

Robbie tends to fade in half rounds which is why he is able to win decisions and keep his opponents honest in championship rounds. If he faded for entire rounds like you claim he would't still be champ.

I love both fighters but Condit isn't going to beat this Lawler.

before Robbie's upsurge i would've said Condit via ko but Robbie seems to have developed a granite chin or some shit because the dude can take it, Condit's chin doesn't need explaining

as for cardio Condit has the advantage assuming he still got it but Robbie pushes through not on outstanding cardio but on sheer will and determination

i doubt this fight would be taken to the ground as Robbie has pretty good tdd and Carlos isn't exactly a takedown artist

both guys are so damn tough and durable i can see this fight going to a decision assuming both show up %100 healthy or at least %90 as for who takes it well i would give the sleight edge to Condit but you never know with Robbie because the dude goes beserk within the final seconds he also has more power

also that pic of Lawler is fucking scary

Last edited:
That pic of lawler screaming with his lip split open gives me chills

Back