Rewatch Rewatched Lawler VS Condit

Yep, it was close. But I remember re-scoring it as 48-47 Condit as well.

Great fight

This loss crushed Condit. He lost a lot of motivation after this fight. I haven't rewatched it but I thought it was a Razor close fight.

Who hates Hendricks? He was a proper JBG follower. His lack of effort to train and cardio are the only thing that might piss people off. After GSP stole a win from him dude just lost the eternal drive

He got a lot of hate for the last round of that fight.

Gonna watch this again maybe tonight because of this thread but I remember thinking condit won but it was a very close fight so I wasn't mad about it.

Condit might have the strongest what it/almost resume in the whole sport. He's been in many fights he easily could have won and gave gsp in the apex of his prime, the closest curtain call he's ever had. Aside from Serra, I guess.

Who hates Hendricks? He was a proper JBG follower. His lack of effort to train and cardio are the only thing that might piss people off. After GSP stole a win from him dude just lost the eternal drive

He was a pretty dislikeable fighter. Basically he was a gigantic mutated 5 year old with the corresponding childlike fondness for stupid guns and big trucks ("call me 'big rig!' Like a big, cool truck, like what a toddler would find interesting! Hyuck hyuck!"). He made prodigious excuses for his losses and then fell off an absolute cliff, giving very serious credence to the contention that he was abusing steroids for the duration of his very short prime.

Also, GSP definitely won that fight. Hendricks might have won the rounds he did win more impressively but not so impressively as to justify 10-8 rounds and gsp won more rounds. Open and shut. Hendricks arguably won the fight but gsp very clearly won the mma contest, which is what it was. Hendricks lost fair and square.

This loss crushed Condit. He lost a lot of motivation after this fight. I haven't rewatched it but I thought it was a Razor close fight.
To add even more insult, he ended up getting divorced not long after this fight :(

Prime Condit was a beast and tough as nails. He just had a difficult run after beating Nick. Went up against either the champ, a future champ or a tough contender in addition to injuries. After that fight with Robbie he had to go against a extremely dangerous Maia and at that point he was past his prime.

I'm probably the only guy on this forum. (That isnt a Diaz fan, anyway) that wasn't a big Condit fan.

I completely felt that Condit should have won.. pretty soundly

Prime Condit was a beast and tough as nails. He just had a difficult run after beating Nick. Went up against either the champ, a future champ or a tough contender in addition to injuries. After that fight with Robbie he had to go against a extremely dangerous Maia and at that point he was past his prime.
Never got knocked out either, definitely a tough mofo sir.

There is no argument Lawler won this fight other than having no fucking clue what you're watching

It's unquestionably the biggest robbery in UFC title fight history. I think Lawler only won round 5.
Edgar vs Benson 2?

Was close enough for a split therefor you give it to the champ.
HAHAHA, well that's stupid, isn't it?

Yeah, no shit. I've been saying this for almost a decade, lol.
Honestly up in the conversation for biggest title robbery in history.

Don't forget this:

If the Condit Vs Hendricks title eliminator had been 5 rounds, Condit would have smoked him and the entire WW landscape would have been very different.
I mean, although I believe that, I have a hard time justifying it, cuz although Carlos was clearly taking over, ya can't just assume if it was booked for 5, that the first 3 would have been fought the same way.

Still think Prime Condit only could ever lose 5 rounders to: GSP, Shields, maybe Diaz, an injury, or a Maia submission.
Sucks that he ran into almost all of that though

Last edited:
Edgar vs Benson 2?
I think even that was closer than Lawler-Condit, in terms of what rounds people can argue against.

Though, if there's one title fight that takes the cake, I might go rewatching Manhoef vs Carvalho, if it wasn't an incredibly awful fight overall. At least the two above delivered amazing action. Manhoef just should have won all 5 rounds by doing very little, where Carvalho did nothing at all, and somehow stole 3

I think even that was closer than Lawler-Condit, in terms of what rounds people can argue against.

Though, if there's one title fight that takes the cake, I might go rewatching Manhoef vs Carvalho, if it wasn't an incredibly awful fight overall. At least the two above delivered amazing action. Manhoef just should have won all 5 rounds by doing very little, where Carvalho did nothing at all, and somehow stole 3
It was clear 49-46, wasn't even close

HAHAHA, well that's stupid, isn't it?

Honestly up in the conversation for biggest title robbery in history.

I mean, although I believe that, I have a hard time justifying it, cuz although Carlos was clearly taking over, ya can't just assume if it was booked for 5, that the first 3 would have been fought the same way.

Still think Prime Condit only could ever lose 5 rounders to: GSP, Shields, maybe Diaz, an injury, or a Maia submission.
Sucks that he ran into almost all of that though
Lawler, Hendricks, Wonderboy, Edwards, Usman, Covington, Woodley and maybe few more. I see someone like Gunnar submitting him (stylistic). Condit was great and could beat anyone, but his wrestling was too much of a flaw that made him more beatable than his skill level. Just like glass chin makes someone way more beatable, the same way with Condit and his tdd

Lawler, Hendricks, Wonderboy, Edwards, Usman, Covington, Woodley and maybe few more. I see someone like Gunnar submitting him (stylistic). Condit was great and could beat anyone, but his wrestling was too much of a flaw that made him more beatable than his skill level. Just like glass chin makes someone way more beatable, the same way with Condit and his tdd
Oh sorry, I made the dumb mistake of saying people he'd actually fight at the time, since I wasn't using a time machine when I made that list.

I scored it for Condit too, but this decision was necessary because Nick Diaz should have won 1,2 and 5.

Back