• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How good is Movsar Evloev?

He's good, and his striking is improving, but he isn't the best fighter at 145.

Got a gift decision against Allen, the only exciting parts of his fights is when he almost gets finished.

I do think he'll make his way to a title fight, but you probably need more than straight wrestling and the heart to get out of deep subs to become champ against somebody like Topuria or Max.

Topuria finishes him. Evloev is a top 5 featherweight. I am not sure if he beats Holloway or Volk, but beats everybody else.

i think he'd lose to the top guys. his grappling is the best part of his game and it's very loose. he can hold guys and ride them out to decisions, but he's not putting epic beatdowns on them because he doesn't have the control or physicality to really pin guys and be able to beat them up or submit them. he's always in good positions but not dominant ones.

I assure you're being facetious with this statement, because obviously neither of those are indicators of how good or not good someone is. <lol>

Dana is such a joke. He claims he wants people to view MMA as a real sport, but he's done as much to set back that progress as he has further it.

He will ALWAYS chase money over validity.

<31>
I was makin a joke but it didnt fly this time lolol. The fight Dana didnt watch was one of Movsar most exciting too.

Good enough to win decisions with his style of wrestling in circus MMA against opponents that are non wrestlers, but not good enough to win medals against other wrestlers in real sports, like his brother does.

The guy's definitely not the next Khabib/Islam despite his ethnicity. Had a close fights with even some weaker opponents, can't get a single finish. Loses pretty decisively to Ilia, Max, Volk IMO.

Ortega would kill him.

But Ortega would destroy everyone in the division.

HOW GOOD WAS MOVSAR EVLOEV REALLY?

HE WAS UP THERE WITH THE VERY BEST AND THERE WASN'T A PLAYER IN THE TORONTO DRESSING ROOM THAT FELT OTHERWISE.

AND GEORGE ARMSTRONG, THE LEAFS ALL TIME LEADER IN GAMES PLAYED, SUMMED UP MOVSAR IN THE FOLLOWING WAY:THE REASON EVLOEV IS SO GOOD, IS BECAUSE HE GIVES SO MUCH EFFORT.

IN HIS MIND, HE'S NEVER BEATEN BY A FORWARD, AND HE NEVER QUITS.

HE WAS THE MOST TALENTED PLAYER TO EVER WEAR THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS UNIFORM.

Very good. One of the best.

Ortega would kill him.

But Ortega would destroy everyone in the division.
:: get beat within an inch of his life and MAYBE pull out a submission win out of nowhere OR just continue to be beat upon ::

Very effective against strikers. I want to see him against Sterling to see how he deals with high level grapplers.

:: get beat within an inch of his life and MAYBE pull out a submission win out of nowhere OR just continue to be beat upon ::
Borderline beat both max and volk.

Try again buds.

I was makin a joke but it didnt fly this time lolol. The fight Dana didnt watch was one of Movsar most exciting too.
This one's on me. I should have known, based on your message-to-likes ratio. Damn, son!!
<DCWhoa>

Sherdog is overrating this guy. He's good enough to be at the top of his division but this guy is not champion material.

Back