• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How good is Movsar Evloev?

Shay Brennan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I can't see him beating Topuria, but what about Max, Volk and others in the top 5?

Is he really a top 3 FW or no?

Not good enough to get a single finish in UFC apparently. Bad enough to make Dana go bet on another sport instead of watching him fight.
I assure you're being facetious with this statement, because obviously neither of those are indicators of how good or not good someone is. <lol>

Dana is such a joke. He claims he wants people to view MMA as a real sport, but he's done as much to set back that progress as he has further it.

He will ALWAYS chase money over validity.

<31>

Gets by on his athleticism and determination and not much else. The most exciting parts of his fights are when he inevitably is seconds away from being put to sleep.

Being the best athlete and hardest worker in the room will take you pretty far in MMA, but it won't put you over the top. He can stay in top 4-10 for a really long time but I can't see him winning a belt with his current skill set.

Not dangerous?
Must one get finishes to be considered dangerous?

<{JustBleed}>

Not sure what it's called when you do everything in your power to stop a fight from happening. I certainly wouldn't classify his style as "dangerous". I mean, you're in danger of dropping a struggle huggle decision to him but that's about it.

He's undefeated after 8 fights in the UFC, his last three vs. among the division's finest, the two before that vs. very high level fighters despite them not being in the rankings. He's the elite of the elite, obviously.

I think he loses to Topuria but beats Max (cause Movsar can grapple him), and probably beats Volk too following the consecutive knockouts by Islam and Topuria

Topuria has both elite striking and grappling and is in his prime, Movsar has better wrestling but would be at a serious disadvantage in the striking

Elite fighter for 10 mins. I'll be hesitant to bet on him in a 5-rounder tho. Dawadu & Allen fights showed a high pace can fatigue him significantly

Back