How far can Ian Garry go?

This is a funny interaction between Garry and Bellator. I think reporters put fighters in the spotlight when they press them with a question like that because, although the UFC is the dream, you dont want to burn your bridges, either. Most give a polite answer but the kid was just being honest. Although his choice of words were very poor. Lets hope he is the real deal and doesnt get cut and end up back in CW.
Screenshot_20210716-074725_Twitter.jpg

This is a funny interaction between Garry and Bellator. I think reporters put fighters in the spotlight when they press them with a question like that because, although the UFC is the dream, you dont want to burn your bridges, either. Most give a polite answer but the kid was just being honest. Although his choice of words were very poor. Lets hope he is the real deal and doesnt get cut and end up back in CW.
View attachment 867990
I’m sure UFC will give him the right match ups. They will probably O’Malley this kid for a while and let the hype build.

Huge frame 7-0 young kid. Really hasn’t fought anyone known.

1. seems to lack some mental stability (exchanging tattoos with his new gf who’s old enough to be his mom) / kicked out of his gym.
2. European talent and he fights at ww. Ww is flooded with wrestlers/ grapplers so unless he’s more well rounded than basically any other European fighter ever he’s going to have some issues.

Honestly probably early signing him. He could be the next sage northcutt, the next Darren till, or he could be a massive star. Time will tell but I don’t think he’ll be anything spectacular just based on the dice I’m seeing now.

Huge frame 7-0 young kid. Really hasn’t fought anyone known.

1. seems to lack some mental stability (exchanging tattoos with his new gf who’s old enough to be his mom) / kicked out of his gym.
2. European talent and he fights at ww. Ww is flooded with wrestlers/ grapplers so unless he’s more well rounded than basically any other European fighter ever he’s going to have some issues.

Honestly probably early signing him. He could be the next sage northcutt, the next Darren till, or he could be a massive star. Time will tell but I don’t think he’ll be anything spectacular just based on the dice I’m seeing now.
The UFC will create him into a star. He will face strikers up until a title shot. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win a fight or 2 and then they give him Mike Perry. If he plants Perry he will gain 300k IG followers overnight.

The UFC will create him into a star. He will face strikers up until a title shot. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win a fight or 2 and then they give him Mike Perry. If he plants Perry he will gain 300k IG followers overnight.
Bellator would put him against cans or Logan Storley or Joey Davis and he would get wrestlefucked.

Bellator would put him against cans or Logan Storley or Joey Davis and he would get wrestlefucked.
Unpopular opinion but CW is very overrated, IMO. CW biggest accomplishment is having Conor as their double champion. I know the whole "over a hundered fighters from CW to the UFC" but out of those only Conor, Bisping, Joana, and maybe the Joker have had an impact. What I'm trying to get at is that being successful in CW doesnt translate into being successful in the UFC. Ian Garry seems to be their next big thing but TBH I'm not sold on him as a star. I think he absolutely belongs in the UFC, he has all the tools to be there, but I'm not ready to say he will become top 5-10 just yet.

Unpopular opinion but CW is very overrated, IMO. CW biggest accomplishment is having Conor as their double champion. I know the whole "over a hundered fighters from CW to the UFC" but out of those only Conor, Bisping, Joana, and maybe the Joker have had an impact. What I'm trying to get at is that being successful in CW doesnt translate into being successful in the UFC. Ian Garry seems to be their next big thing but TBH I'm not sold on him as a star. I think he absolutely belongs in the UFC, he has all the tools to be there, but I'm not ready to say he will become top 5-10 just yet.
Joana had one fight in CW, she barely counts as an alumni

Joana had one fight in CW, she barely counts as an alumni
Really? Why do I have the idea that she was like a staple fighter there? Shit, then nevermind about Joana but I did forget to add Tom Aspinall, though. Only had a few fights there but he did get recruited out of CW. In any case, CW does a great job at matchmaking and making the best out of their talent but, IMO, are very overrated as a promotion, possibly part of the Conor effect.

The UFC is giving him a lay up to build the hype

Yeah Williams isn’t that bad but Garry if he’s as good we think he is should have no problems. But it’s certainly not going to be easy. Unless he makes it look easy which he very well might.

Williams is probably as winnable as it gets for a debut at 170lbs outside of either Cosce brother, at the moment.

Getting absolutely destroyed by Mickey Gall isn't good really. Williams looked average prior to that, now he looks chopping block material.

Garry should have him.

Garry is going to fucking kill Jordan Williams.

The UFC is giving him a lay up to build the hype

Wow the UFC isnt even trying to hide that they are trying to hype him. I guess they learned their lesson from the Mason Jones debut. This is worse than Usman vs Hamel.

Last edited:
thats a perfect debut for him, a fight he should win and look great in on a big MSG card. He's only got 7 fights so no reason he should be thrown into deep end just yet. Win a couple and then start looking at the middle of the div guys.

Back