How do we teach people that the internet is not real life?

Huh? Have you turned on the news at any point in time? You want me to quote recent statements from major MSM talking heads like Tapper, Cuomo, Stelter, Van Jones, etc...?

The irony of your statement is thicker than Newsom partying at French Laundry after shutting down SF and Sac. Your las post said nothing specific, gave no rational though, devoid of any reason yet you demand something different. You truly are a act as thee not as me
Yes, I want you to provide some example of Biden demonizing 64M people.

Not even close, maybe around 10 people have tested positive that I know. Including a 76 year old overweight man with high blood pressure, diabetes, and a history of respiratory problems
This is another example of not assessing the information critically. Just because something has or hasn’t happened in your personal sphere doesn’t mean it’s not true. People make this mistake all the time: they try to assess reality solely based on their personal experience. Sometimes that’s actually valid (eg two doctors discussing their personal experiences in treating C19), but most of the time it isn’t because it leads to decision making based on limited and non representative data. Our own experience is often flawed and requires different lenses to understand properly (eg when I stand on a field, it surely looks like the earth is flat, of course it isn’t, but I might be inclined to believe my own experience if I do not try to supplement my own knowledge with external information).

A "COVID is overblown" guy trying to explain what "real life" is.
Its so overblown that even the MSM and elites who lie to you every day, don’t believe a single word of what they say. They’re violating the rules all the time, rules that you have to follow but not them. Newsom just went to a dinner party lol. Pelosi goes to the hair salon. Chris Cuomo bunches up with people outside after he was diagnosed positive lol. Literally none of these celebs follow advice. They’re not as dumb as their followers

Never said they don't exist, I simply pointed out the obvious truth, that these issues don't exist for 99% of the population.

The actual statistics show this to be the case for both issues I'm referring too.
I didn't say anything about you specifically.

But since you're here, the internet is not real life...but the issue is a real issue. You're not really squaring that circle. You picked 2 issues that are real issues that do affect real people and then argue that other people should pretend that they don't affect them, just because the effect is indirect.

For example: I don't have Covid but I just found out that the parent of a child that my child goes to school with just tested positive. By your logic, because it is not my child and not me, Covid doesn't affect me or my child's school or any outside of the individually infected person and their child. And that's ludicrous. Because that infection is now a much more significant threat to me than before. Pretending that it is not affecting me and ignoring it until it's actually inside my home doesn't make the threat any less real.

This is another example of not assessing the information critically. Just because something has or hasn’t happened in your personal sphere doesn’t mean it’s not true. People make this mistake all the time: they try to assess reality solely based on their personal experience. Sometimes that’s actually valid (eg two doctors discussing their personal experiences in treating C19), but most of the time it isn’t because it leads to decision making based on limited and non representative data. Our own experience is often flawed and requires different lenses to understand properly (eg when I stand on a field, it surely looks like the earth is flat, of course it isn’t, but I might be inclined to believe my own experience if I do not try to supplement my own knowledge with external information).
Except the survival rate is still above 99%. Like I told the other poster. I'm not saying that these issues don't exist, I'm simply pointing out the obvious. Which is that for 99% of the population, these issues don't exist. Unless you take into account the reaction to these minor issues, then obviously the reaction and resulting fallout affects nearly 100% of the population.

Yes, I want you to provide some example of Biden demonizing 64M people.
https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-temper-trump-supporters-ugly-folks-1543744

It's so funny because the same fact checkers that tried to claim Trump called all illegals rapists and murderers and the POS racist in North Carolina "good people" somehow deny everything Biden says.

Most importantly, Biden has denied ANTIFA and BLM as the terrorist organizations they are. Even as they pillage and plunder cities and assault innocents.

I didn't say anything about you specifically.

But since you're here, the internet is not real life...but the issue is a real issue. You're not really squaring that circle. You picked 2 issues that are real issues that do affect real people and then argue that other people should pretend that they don't affect them, just because the effect is indirect.

For example: I don't have Covid but I just found out that the parent of a child that my child goes to school with just tested positive. By your logic, because it is not my child and not me, Covid doesn't affect me or my child's school or any outside of the individually infected person and their child. And that's ludicrous. Because that infection is now a much more significant threat to me than before. Pretending that it is not affecting me and ignoring it until it's actually inside my home doesn't make the threat any less real.
Except you fail to mention the obvious, which is the over 99% survival rate of the virus. Even higher for children. So yes, a kid at you kids school (that your kid probably doesn't even have contact with) contracting covid-19 should basically be a non issue for you.

If your kid did come in contact with that child, then the only issue is making sure he has soup and crackers if he does get the sniffles.

Internet fear mongering doesn't change what things are in reality. And the reality is you clowns are freaking out over the flu.

Does yourr kid maybe or maybe not coming in contact with a covid positive student justify wrecking the economy, destroying people's lively hoods and fueling riots? It doesn't, but according to the internet it does. Hence my thread.

Except the survival rate is still above 99%. Like I told the other poster. I'm not saying that these issues don't exist, I'm simply pointing out the obvious. Which is that for 99% of the population, these issues don't exist. Unless you take into account the reaction to these minor issues, then obviously the reaction and resulting fallout affects nearly 100% of the population.
A 99% survival rate doesn’t mean 99% of the population survives. I tackled that already in an earlier post. Bottom line: total survival rate is meaningless, look at survival rate by age segment.

A 99% survival rate doesn’t mean 99% of the population survives. I tackled that already in an earlier post. Bottom line: total survival rate is meaningless, look at survival rate by age segment.
Right it means that 99% of people that get covid-19 survive and that's for the most at risk segment, the survival rate increases as the age decreases so I'm not sure what your point is exactly.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-temper-trump-supporters-ugly-folks-1543744

It's so funny because the same fact checkers that tried to claim Trump called all illegals rapists and murderers and the POS racist in North Carolina "good people" somehow deny everything Biden says.

Most importantly, Biden has denied ANTIFA and BLM as the terrorist organizations they are. Even as they pillage and plunder cities and assault innocents.

Niether of those things support your position. You should watch the videos themselves.

Your first video is about the specific people honing during a speaking engagement, not 64M people. Big fail on your part with that one.

Your second video doesn't involve demonizing anyone.

I'll take these 2 videos as pretty obvious evidence that you were just talking out of your ass while alleging that everyone else is the problem, lol.

Except you fail to mention the obvious, which is the over 99% survival rate of the virus. Even higher for children. So yes, a kid at you kids school (that your kid probably doesn't even have contact with) contracting covid-19 should basically be a non issue for you.

If your kid did come in contact with that child, then the only issue is making sure he has soup and crackers if he does get the sniffles.

Internet fear mongering doesn't change what things are in reality. And the reality is you clowns are freaking out over the flu.

Does yourr kid maybe or maybe not coming in contact with a covid positive student justify wrecking the economy, destroying people's lively hoods and fueling riots? It doesn't, but according to the internet it does. Hence my thread.
What does survival rate have to do with anything? If you survive a tumor, the tumor didn't matter? If you survive cancer, cancer doesn't matter. If you survive a bad fall, the fall didn't hurt?

Are you thinking about these things before you type them?

COVID patients' capacity to overwhelm regional hospital resources shows you're a moron.

Well, I mean, they were told to go to the hospital every time they farted and coughed. This doesn't negate the fact that it has been widely overblown. You know, like every hurricane flood warning that's going to annihilate the coast but ends up in a drizzle with some light wind. Cobid-19 has been propagandized as a CAT-5 when it's really just a stiff breeze.

Niether of those things support your position. You should watch the videos themselves.

Your first video is about the specific people honing during a speaking engagement, not 64M people. Big fail on your part with that one.

Your second video doesn't involve demonizing anyone.

I'll take these 2 videos as pretty obvious evidence that you were just talking out of your ass while alleging that everyone else is the problem, lol.
Wow, just wow.

The literal interpretation you use on Biden is so hilariously opposite to your views on Trump. Do you ever look in the mirror and acknowledge your bias?

Both sides do it but it's border line insane how Biden gets a free pass on everything. Grifters gonna grift I guess.

What does survival rate have to do with anything? If you survive a tumor, the tumor didn't matter? If you survive cancer, cancer doesn't matter. If you survive a bad fall, the fall didn't hurt?

Are you thinking about these things before you type them?
Did you seriously compare cancer to covid...they're not even comparable, but okay...work on those analogies.

one is literally hyped up flu and the other will fucking kill you.

Wow, just wow.

The literal interpretation you use on Biden is so hilariously opposite to your views on Trump. Do you ever look in the mirror and acknowledge your bias?

Both sides do it but it's border line insane how Biden gets a free pass on everything. Grifters gonna grift I guess.
I'm still waiting for Biden demonzing 64M people.

And you still haven't explained why "64M"?

Did you seriously compare cancer to covid...they're not even comparable, but okay...work on those analogies.

one is literally hyped up flu and the other will fucking kill you.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I used 3 examples, not just one. I think your screen is broken.

I'm still waiting for Biden demonzing 64M people.

And you still haven't explained why "64M"?
It's a relative point in between the 2016 and 2020 elections total. Again... nice job on the convenient literal argument. Roughly 64M give or take voted for Trump between the last two elections.

From Trump's election through today, Biden has demonized anyone who voted for him. The fact you are denying is pretty cute.

When Biden calls Trump the first racist president, by proxy he is calling all who voted for him racist. I guess you will revert to your literal argument where he didn't word for word say that.
https://abc3340.com/news/nation-wor...he-countrys-first-racist-president-07-23-2020

Back