How do we teach people that the internet is not real life?

Because I'm assuming we all know the mortality rate for people under 40 is statistically insignificant, therefore, no need to to state it. I'm only showing you that the mortality rate for ages 70 and up is a lot higher than what would be inferred from a 99% survival rate.

I believe it was the CDC with the general mortality rates I was quoting, in terms of the 96% for the older folks. There were four age groups, and all were varying degrees of 99%, except for the old folks. I can't be arsed to go find it, but It was posted in here a bunch.

Look at the survival rate for all diseases at that age segment. I am sure it's greater than all the younger age groups. What's your point?
The point is that while Covid is not deadly to the younger population, it poses severe risks to the older population. A mortality rate expressed at the total population level therefore is rather meaningless, and you’ve got to break it down by age to see where the issues are.

But they are in my area. That the thing, there's hotspots where it IS out of control. Here being one of them. In some places, it's not bad at all and they should act accordingly. Having some sort of national guidance is necessary but it needs to be adjusted to what different places are seeing. And the "small businesses having to close" thing...that hasn't happened here. They're all open, just like the big box stores.

This is what it's like in Wisconsin, we're literally 2-3 weeks away from having ZERO available hospital beds in our ICU's.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/mone...yes-shortage-icu-beds-coronavirus/6058257002/
Ok then take my point from the opposite angle. If casss
The point is that while Covid is not deadly to the younger population, it poses severe risks to the older population. A mortality rate expressed at the total population level therefore is rather meaningless, and you’ve got to break it down by age to see where the issues are.
Ok so as we all already knew, it's the elderly that are at risk. The elderly can stay home and self isolate, the elder can use services like curbside pick up instead of going in stores, the elderly can wear face masks and other ppe.

As you can probably already imagine I don't buy into the "save our grannies!" Mentality like many others are.

First and foremost as I've mentioned before, we as a society have some nerve trying to tell the elderly of all people what's in their best interest as it pertains to survival. There is a reason those people are old, because they are good at surviving.

Also as I mentioned before, right up until the closures of restaurants and shopping centers my old granny was out there shopping at the mall and enjoying happy hour with her friends. If she's not acting like a little bitch about covid I don't know what all you guys are crying about.

Furthermore I'm not going to be so arrogant that I assume I know what's best for a group of the population that is clearly and obviously more experienced at life I am. Quite the opposite, I look to them as an example of how I should conduct myself as the years go by.

I believe it was the CDC with the general mortality rates I was quoting, in terms of the 96% for the older folks. There were four age groups, and all were varying degrees of 99%, except for the old folks. I can't be arsed to go find it, but It was posted in here a bunch.
I’d be highly surprised if the mortality rates are that much different here in Quebec than in the US. I just had a look at the CDC website: for ages 75-84, there were ~60K deaths. Even if you divide that by total Covid cases (roughly 2 million), that would imply a 3% mortality rate, which would obviously be way higher once you divide by cases in only that age group. Point being, the survival rate for older folks is nowhere near 96% in the US, it's much lower.

Ok then take my point from the opposite angle. If casss

Ok so as we all already knew, it's the elderly that are at risk. The elderly can stay home and self isolate, the elder can use services like curbside pick up instead of going in stores, the elderly can wear face masks and other ppe.

As you can probably already imagine I don't buy into the "save our grannies!" Mentality like many others are.

First and foremost as I've mentioned before, we as a society have some nerve trying to tell the elderly of all people what's in their best interest as it pertains to survival. There is a reason those people are old, because they are good at surviving.

Also as I mentioned before, right up until the closures of restaurants and shopping centers my old granny was out there shopping at the mall and enjoying happy hour with her friends. If she's not acting like a little bitch about covid I don't know what all you guys are crying about.

Furthermore I'm not going to be so arrogant that I assume I know what's best for a group of the population that is clearly and obviously more experienced at life I am. Quite the opposite, I look to them as an example of how I should conduct myself as the years go by.
And that's all fair, and I don't even disagree with all of the above. However, as always, we should be honest with the numbers. It's not honest to say 'fuck these lockdowns, 99% of people survive anyway'. That's not close to being true for older folks. Instead, acknowledge that the mortality rate for in older age groups is alarmingly high and then have an honest discussion about what is being proposed. So for example, the average age of C19 deaths in Canada was around 80-81 (last time I checked which was months ago). That's either at or higher than the average life expectancy. So it wouldn't be outrageous to suggest that we're fucking over everyone to primarily save people who didn't have much time left anyway.

Add to that hospitals being overwhelmed with patients because of the fast spread. Many areas are finding their resources quickly being pushed to overcapacity.

The internet is a place of extremes. Everything is either the worst or the best. It’s the only way to get any kind of attention.

Just look at user reviews for games or movies. It’s either a 1 or a 10. No one is reading anything in the middle.
Fanaticism is the new order. It’s directly linked to narcissism and growing needs for attention.

Lol, we’re fucked!

Right it means that 99% of people that get covid-19 survive and that's for the most at risk segment, the survival rate increases as the age decreases so I'm not sure what your point is exactly.

here's one of the problems with your argument. This isn't a binary issue where you either live or die. My SIL, for example was sick for 2 months with covid and now that she has returned to work (in nursing) she is nowhere near 100% capable as her respiratory system has been jacked up and she can barely walk up a flight of stairs without needing a break. There are a wide range of outcomes that are in-between lived or died. And many of those outcomes are not great, we don't know how long they will last, and we don't know if they will ever reach 100% pre-covid health. In short, your argument is ignorant of the many possible outcomes of covid infection, your argument is a politicized talking point, stop spewing propaganda as if it is factual or even meaningful. it's not and only demonstrates to those with a modicum of rationality how misguided you and those like you have become.

Everyone knows the people most at risk of being killed by a COVID infection are the elderly and those with underlying, immuno-compromising health conditions. It's been drummed into people by the media from very early on in the pandemic.

You're trying to act like this is some secret information you've uncovered and that's being withheld by some cabal. You've bought into a blatant and meritless CT.

You should also look into how cause of death has always been listed relative to underlying health conditions to understand that attributing deaths (in this case) to COVID is business as usual and fully consistent with medical reporting.
The media are playing their role in spreading as much fear as possible about the virus. That's in fact the very reason why increased testing was the method chosen to fight the virus instead of increasing hospital capacity. Billions has been spent on testing initiatives while hospital capacity remains unchanged. The reason for this is increased numbers of cases can be used to spread fear and gain more authoritarian control over the population. This isn't even conspiracy theory, this shits been happening for decades now. How the fuck can people still trust their governments after all the evidence over the years that there are elite's including former US presidents involved in pedophile rings while the CIA have been poisoning US citizens, planning terrorist attacks on US cities, producing fake intelligence to start wars, funding narcoterrorists and jihadists. People are such sheep that they actually still trust their governments when all the evidence comes out that they are being manipulated. We will be living in a 1984 world very shortly because people are too dumb to decypher propaganda from fact.
Maybe it's different in your area but where I'm from the only numbers reported every day in the news are deaths and number of cases. They don't mention that 99% of these people dying had some other condition that may have been responsible for their death.

Last edited:
here's one of the problems with your argument. This isn't a binary issue where you either live or die. My SIL, for example was sick for 2 months with covid and now that she has returned to work (in nursing) she is nowhere near 100% capable as her respiratory system has been jacked up and she can barely walk up a flight of stairs without needing a break. There are a wide range of outcomes that are in-between lived or died. And many of those outcomes are not great, we don't know how long they will last, and we don't know if they will ever reach 100% pre-covid health. In short, your argument is ignorant of the many possible outcomes of covid infection, your argument is a politicized talking point, stop spewing propaganda as if it is factual or even meaningful. it's not and only demonstrates to those with a modicum of rationality how misguided you and those like you have become.
I have two eyes, and two ears. What they say is going on in the news isn't exactly what's going on in reality. I know more people that have lost jobs/businesses than I know that have contracted the virus, and once again, I know no one that has died from it.

What I find the most interesting part of your post is you, referring to my viewpoint as "propaganda." Last time I checked, people advocating the end of the lockdown and and handling covid in a reasonable manner, isn't the narrative being pushed through media/social media. The continuation and increase of restrictions, increased testings, increased business/school closures, and even extended lockdowns (basically ALL doom and gloom) coming directly from our new president elect, has been the propaganda that is being pushed through media/social media.

You may want to take a moment and reflect on that.

As a side note, I believe I may have contracted the virus back in March (was never tested). I came down with something that I can only describe as a month long flu/respitory infection. It took a solid 6-7 weeks after my fever went away to finally kick the wet cough completely and I am in top physical condition. If your sister recently recovered from covid, it may take more than a few weeks for her to make a full recovery.

Imagine when they turn off the internet. We are fucked.

The elders of the internet...

6d4bc28ea9ae9ee30c62ae41344a1a8e.jpg

Back