How do we feel about the #1 ranking at HW?

Jon beat Gane better than Francis for what it's worth

Lineal doesnt mean shit in MMA. Francis is gone, he aint comin back. HW moves on.
doesn't mean shit in mma? seriously? it definitely does when we are talking about the greatest HW on the planet. if francis wins this next fight, he'll be the guy that beat the guy and have a way better HW resume than Aspinall. until Francis loses HW won't just "move on".

im almost 45 i want this division to move on
i certainly understand where you're coming from. I'm happy francis got a few really big paydays, but the HW division is in shambles atm because of it lol.

doesn't mean shit in mma? seriously? it definitely does when we are talking about the greatest HW on the planet. if francis wins this next fight, he'll be the guy that beat the guy and have a way better HW resume than Aspinall. until Francis loses HW won't just "move on".
Dude who is he gonna fight after _______________ that he should keep his ranking?

Dude who is he gonna fight after _______________ that he should keep his ranking?
Probably top Bellator HWs after Fereira. Pfl absorbed bellator. It’ll be like when fedor was still ranked #1 after pride was bought by the ufc. He was beating guys like arlovski and Lindland but still had his top ranking because he was the guy and no one had beat him.

Last edited:
Probably top Bellator HWs after Fereira. Pfl absorbed bellator. It’ll be like when fedor was still ranked #1 after pride was bought by the ufc. He was beating guys like arlovski and Lindland but still had his top ranking because he was the guy and no one had beat him.
Yes but even when he has a much larger pool of possible fights due to signing w strike force than Francis does...I knew that whoever could put together some dominance in UFC they were gonna get the nod over Fedor. With everything so fractured, UFC was gonna be looked at #1.

Francis is old,inactive and Tom is gonna overtake him.

At least. Fedor fought.

Yes but even when he has a much larger pool of possible fights due to signing w strike force than Francis does...I knew that whoever could put together some dominance in UFC they were gonna get the nod over Fedor. With everything so fractured, UFC was gonna be looked at #1.

Francis is old,inactive and Tom is gonna overtake him.

At least. Fedor fought.
Idk if that was really the case, though. Fedor was ranked #1 until he lost to Rogers. And Francis will have been out for a little over 2 years. He's fighting in october. He may be old and inactive, but it's not like he just wasn't fighting. He had two high profile boxing matches. He's just inactive in MMA. It's not like he's gonna especially rusty and people are wondering about his fitness. Should he beat Fereira, we can't just ignore what Francis has done in the division. Tom would need to beat Gane and have maybe two fights on top of that to start being considered ahead of Francis most likely.

With everything so fracture we'd probably be better off with Francis losing lol. That'd be crazy.

He's just inactive in MMA.
Yes!

Where his ranking comes from

And if we are counting these fights, then well, he got knocked out horribly.

If we arent, then he is inactive.

my bad, i meant werdum. and the moment he fights again defeating a top 10 guy in fereira, he should most likely be ranked higher than tom, though. francis just has a better resume. that lineal title is legit as long as he keeps on winning that title is his alone. Tom would need a few more wins to surpass that. He fights Fereira in October should he win Tom wouldn't have fought anyone new so logically with a win Francis should be ranked higher.

my bad, i meant werdum. and the moment he fights again defeating a top 10 guy in fereira, he should most likely be ranked higher than tom, though. francis just has a better resume. that lineal title is legit as long as he keeps on winning that title is his alone. Tom would need a few more wins to surpass that. He fights Fereira in October should he win Tom wouldn't have fought anyone new so logically with a win Francis should be ranked higher.
Your ranking isn't supposed to be comprised of everything you've ever done in your entire career. It's recent history. There's no way someone inactive for years should jump back to #1 for beating a can.

That's ridiculous.

Your ranking isn't supposed to be comprised of everything you've ever done in your entire career. It's recent history. There's no way someone inactive for years should jump back to #1 for beating a can.

That's ridiculous.
Renan isn’t a can he’s ranked in the top 10. He recently stopped the bellator hw champ. Francis being the lineal champ factors into this his last fight was in 2022. That’s not far at all. Should he beat a top 10 guy and still have the lineal belt that should jump him back to #1. He has better wins than anyone at hw.

Back