How did Aspinal become so annoying overnight?

As a guy who has no shame saying that was my favorite fighter for many years the show is over. I have no idea who is invested in him fighting period more than his haters. Hilarious how that works. His haters are more invested in him than his long time fans

I am trying to get this straight here. You're criticizing a fighter, who is the interim champion, for wanting to fight the actual HW champion and get the meaningful belt so he can be the undisputed champ and #1 HW in the world?

On top of that, you're saying he's begging for a money fight which is a ridiculous comment to make, he's not begging first of all, and second he want the fight for the belt, not the money. For Tom there is only one way up and one fight and it's Jon or Stipe. There is no other fight.

None of what you say makes any sense.

Lastly, if Jon continues to fight post Stipe, you can bet this fight will happen 100%.
None of what you said matters and unless the last thing you said happens and that is, if John does decide to keep fighting in which case, yes I would be all for him fighting Tom assuming he beats Curtis tomorrow.

But whining about it now while Jones already has a fight is just attention whoring. Focus on the opponent in front of you because the last time you fought him, you left on a stretcher. Yes I know it was an injury, but still, one step at a time, stay humble, and all that good stuff.

The answer's real simple. Aspinall saw how well acting like a compete douche has worked for almost every fighter who's done it and decided to adapt. So far it's been the right move.

None of what you said matters and unless the last thing you said happens and that is, if John does decide to keep fighting in which case, yes I would be all for him fighting Tom assuming he beats Curtis tomorrow.

But whining about it now while Jones already has a fight is just attention whoring. Focus on the opponent in front of you because the last time you fought him, you left on a stretcher. Yes I know it was an injury, but still, one step at a time, stay humble, and all that good stuff.
Jones does not have a fight. Aspinall is the only one of the two scheduled to fight.

I agree with this. If Jones vs Stipe is such an Important Legacy fight and it will sell a bazillion PPV and jones plans on riding off after, Why not make it a non title fight? Why must The UFC HW title be the back drop for a fight involving a guy who hasn't fought in 3 years and a guy Who is openly planing on retiring after the fight? There is already a defending interim champion and everything.

It's a title fight because one of the fighters holds the UFC Heavyweight title.

That's the issue that Tom and most of the community have: thr champion isn't defending against the interim champion, holding the division up ad infinitum.
Your logic is "Who cares? Jon special and/or Jon old so who cares?"
Very odd logic chain here.
Jones does not have a fight. Aspinall is the only one of the two scheduled to fight.
Precisely. Tom defending the interim belt he won after Jon had the title is plain ridiculous and I can't remember ever having this situation in the sport before. I'm hoping Stipe knocks Jon out and walks off into the sunset, never even giving him a rematch.

Tom is handling it just right. He's talking about the fight he rightfully deserves and should happen. I don't see how anyone with any common sense can't see that. And he's been focused on Blaydes, any interview he's done since the fight was signed is him talking about this fight and seeing what happens after.

It seems like you're just writing your own narrative and making things up.

Tom is handling it just right. He's talking about the fight he rightfully deserves and should happen. I don't see how anyone with any common sense can't see that. And he's been focused on Blaydes, any interview he's done since the fight was signed is him talking about this fight and seeing what happens after.

It seems like you're just writing your own narrative and making things up.
You have been here since 2005 and should know that “rightfully deserves” means absolutely fucking nothing in the UFC. Merab rightfully deserves O’Malley but he’s been waiting a lot longer that Tom.

More importantly, the part that doesn’t sit well with me is the fact that he’s not just angling for the undisputed heavyweight title, he knows he will get that regardless if he keeps winning. He’s angling for Jon Jones, he wants to be able to say he was the only one that beat him.

Now, under normal circumstances, I would see nothing wrong with that, but the fact that Jones is old, moved up from another division, and has one fight in the last four years makes it somewhat pathetic imo. No one really considers Jones the best heavyweight anyway, just let him have his stupid retirement fight with Stipe and sail off into the sunset, and focus on the guy in front of you.

Only Stipe deserves Jones and only Jones deserves Stipe at this point in their careers, Tom should just let them be, most of us consider him the rightful heavyweight champion anyway.

You have been here since 2005 and should know that “rightfully deserves” means absolutely fucking nothing in the UFC. Merab rightfully deserves O’Malley but he’s been waiting a lot longer that Tom.

More importantly, the part that doesn’t sit well with me is the fact that he’s not just angling for the undisputed heavyweight title, he knows he will get that regardless if he keeps winning. He’s angling for Jon Jones, he wants to be able to say he was the only one that beat him.

Now, under normal circumstances, I would see nothing wrong with that, but the fact that Jones is old, moved up from another division, and has one fight in the last four years makes it somewhat pathetic imo. No one really considers Jones the best heavyweight anyway, just let him have his stupid retirement fight with Stipe and sail off into the sunset, and focus on the guy in front of you.

Only Stipe deserves Jones and only Jones deserves Stipe at this point in their careers, Tom should just let them be, most of us consider him the rightful heavyweight champion anyway.

What are you talking about?? Merab got Omalley, they're fighting in September. Omalley won the title not even a year ago, he defeated Vera 6 months after winning the title and said Merab is next. Merab was waiting like 6-8 months after Sean won the title. Jones won the title in March of 2023, it's been 18 months, you can do math right?? Tom has been waiting far longer lol.

In this case deserves has everything to do with it. And because Tom is an interim champion. When it comes to title shots in the UFC they can spin it any way they want deserves doesn't play as much of a role. The one exception is when you have an interim champ. And that point, there is no dodging it and that is the fight has to be made. The UFC has over 20 interim champs going back, you know the common thing? Everyone single won fought for the title next fight, or was promoted to champ. It's just the standard. The only time they didn't was Nog/Mir/Lesnar/Couture due to Randy having a contract thing and the interim was defended.

He's angling for Jones because he's the HW champ lol, like how do you not understand this?? No fighter wants to win a paper title, they want to win it from the actual champion. You're criticizing him for wanting to fight the best of all time, this is what fighters do, like wake up buddy. Jon is the champ, that's the fight to go after. You would have a point if Jon wasnt champ and Tom was the champ and instead of fighting a top contender, he went after Jones.

And you're giving some sob story about Jones being old?? That's a load of BS, hes the HW champion, just beat one of the best young HWs and hasn't lost.

Tom has every good reason to go after this fight. Anyone with basic logic can understand this. If you don't see it then it's clear you have an agenda and dislike for Tom and just talking S$$T

Eh, I don't really think he acts in an annoying way. He isn't opposed to JJ fighting Stipe, he just wants to fight JJ later. Tbh when JJ vs Stipe was cancelled he was called on like 2 weeks notice to fight one of the most brutal fighters in the division.

He earned the right with the interim belt. Now the thing is that he's defending a "not real HW belt" vs another dangerous fighters. It kinda sucks to be brave enough to step in on short week's notice and need to defend something ,any don't recognize as the real belt. It's like he's doing a lot of risky work without the recognizement of fighting for a true belt.

And the thing is too that he's on his prime... if he doesn't seize this opportunity now, he may not have the same chance after. For example, JJ is pushing for a fight vs Alex Pereira, which would likely be on HW and with the belt on the line. Alex Pereira has shown to be a savage to step in on short's notice, but is it fair to Tom, who has the interim belt, for JJ to want to give someone with 0 fights in the HW a chance vs Alex rather than Aspinall? Money wise it'd make more sense, but that's the point --- he's also doing the heavy and risky work, putting himself out there, but not being treated in a fair way.

In case anyone thinks I'm just hating on the guy, here is a thread I made less than two years ago praising both his fighting skills and his good attitude.

Fast forward to his win over Pavlovich and the guy just did a full Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde transformation overnight.

I know there are a lot of people on this forum with Jones derangement syndrome so they will defend Tom's blatant whoring for that fight, but it's not happening and he needs to accept that it's not happening and move on.

He might be the best HW at the moment, he may be able to beat both Jones and Stipe... but none of it matters cause those guys have legacies and their fight isn't necessarily about who the best current HW is at the moment.

The fact that Tom can't seem to understand and accept that is just cringe, and makes him look thirsty and desperate.... contrary to everything he said less than two years ago when he told Chael he's not about whoring himself for promotion and more money.

Now he's begging for a big money fight against a legend so he can potentially be able to say he beat the great Jon Jones or Stipe Miocic. In reality he would look more like Brendan Schaub when he wanted to fight Mirko an Big Nog, just hoping to make a big name by beating washed up legends.

I'm not a Jones fan either, but I'm not as emotional about it as some of you. Him and Stipe want to fight each other before retiring and both have earned it so let them have their farewell party as they chose.

Tom stood out to me among the rest, because he wasn't that typical annoying Brit who couldn't shut his mouth, but now he's become one to some extent.
You are being a bit sensitive here brother.

Aspinall is actually one of the most likeable/respectful HW's in a long time. You are trippin dude. And me being one of Rua's biggest supporters has no way in any shape or form affected my comments lol

I'm not a huge fan of Aspinall's personality, but he wants to fight Jones because that's the only guy ranked above him.

Huh? He doesn't come across annoying at all. His most recent upload to his YouTube channel is a behind the scenes video, and it's a nice little insight into behind the scenes. He doesn't come across as having an ego or anything.

8 pages and the TS hasn't provided one even semi-annoying thing about Aspinall. Amazing work @Koro_11 !

They should be discussing CTE risk reward in MMA;-/. That’l learn’em.

Back