How can Miesha Tate beat Ronda Rousey?

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

wtf-bbm-smiley-.png

Meisha can land a big shot on Ronda like she did against Jessica Eye.

How can she beat Ronda? With a stick, while she's sleeping.

Pretty well, considering she continued to fight and beat McMann, despite getting hit hard enough to break her orbital bone in two places. Not sure you understand what a good chin is...

you have no clue what you're talking about. tate continuing to fight is because she is tough; it's not because she has a good chin. tate getting her ass knocked down with an overhand right by mcmann isn't a sign tate has a good chin. it's a weak chin.

Everyone has a chance. No one gave TJ a chance nor did they give serra. Look at history it is possible.

Neither one of them had already been schooled twice by the same person they were fighting for a third time.

She has to keep it standing and land some good punches or let Ronda punch herself out throwing all dem bolo punches

I think this is one of the more realistic paths to victory.

One advantage Tate has is an absolute iron chin (getting knocked down when your orbital bone is broken isn't a sign of a weak chin)

thus she can take a page from the Brock playbook and let Rousey absolutely beat her up until Rousey punches herself out and then maybe Tate will be able to do something offensively.

Miesha has been upgrading her punching power for the past year. We've only seen a portion of it during the Jessica Eye fight.

this is what Miesha's gonna do to Ronda during their next fight.
tumblr_notnngQWZU1rofocqo1_500.gif

:p

You think Miesha will hurt Ronda's hand with her skull?

Meisha takes a lot of damage in her fights. I think she might get KOed this time. Her only chance to win is to avoid going for takedowns and use her wrestling in reverse. Make the stand up battle technical and not a brawl. She needs to remember it is a 5 round fight and not go guns blazing. Avoid going to the mats and employ a technical stand up game to drag Ronda into the later rounds. She might be able to win a decision if she keeps her wits about her.

Last edited:
If they thought Bethe had a chance then they either never watched one of her fights or they're an idiot. Although the majority of people that buy Honda's PPVs probably just want to see her win in 10 secs anyways.

Exactly. People don't buy Ronda's PPVs to watch a competitive fight, people do so to see her dominate her opponent.

The funny thing is that tate will be champ eventually. Ronda's days are numbered in mma. Tate just has to make a good showing to keep herself the relevant number 2 in the division.

Miesha just doesn't have the skill or size to beat E Honda.. She has the toughness and the desire but not the talent of Rousey. If Miesha had any chance of winning, she would have to stick and move for 3 rounds, throwing leg kicks and landing body shots making E Honda gas in the later rounds.

But her best chance ( and only real chance) is hoping E Honda gets careless and can land a big shot putting Rousey on her ass and then finishing her with accurate ground and pound. Thing is, E Honda has shown improved striking so she could easily land that big shot as well or do what she usually does.

You do have a chance, Miesh. A very, very small chance.

Exactly. People don't buy Ronda's PPVs to watch a competitive fight, people do so to see her dominate her opponent.

What fun is that though? It's like watching a murder mystery program when you already know who the killer is.

Ditto. Though I still watch almost every PPV anyway.

I know that she's going to completely tool her opponents, but I'll still watch them just to see what she pulls out of her toolbox. That and you know that it's going to be water cooler talk for the next day.

The Davis fight was worth it to me just to see that amazing sequence of right hand, knee, harai goshi to scarf control and head pounding.

I expected Zingano to be more competitive, but just to see a Zantaraia turn out in a live MMA fight to that ridiculous arm bar was worth it. It was so unorthodox that even on Judo boards they were debating as to exactly what the arm bar should be called. Ude hishigi juji gatame? Gyaku juji gatame? Gyaku yoko juji gatame? Hell if I know and better minds than mine weren't sure either.

And the last fight was technically nothing impressive, but just seeing a 135 woman doing a faceplant knock out? Off a single clean right? People were talking about that non-stop. Hell, I'll remember that one for years.

Competitive fights are beautiful. Brawls can be beautiful too. Seeing beautiful technique or awesome domination can be just as beautiful.

Tate's only chance to win is by cut stoppage, legal elbow, early in fight.

Back