How can Miesha Tate beat Ronda Rousey?

Ditto. Though I still watch almost every PPV anyway.

I know that she's going to completely tool her opponents, but I'll still watch them just to see what she pulls out of her toolbox. That and you know that it's going to be water cooler talk for the next day.

The Davis fight was worth it to me just to see that amazing sequence of right hand, knee, harai goshi to scarf control and head pounding.

I expected Zingano to be more competitive, but just to see a Zantaraia turn out in a live MMA fight to that ridiculous arm bar was worth it. It was so unorthodox that even on Judo boards they were debating as to exactly what the arm bar should be called. Ude hishigi juji gatame? Gyaku juji gatame? Gyaku yoko juji gatame? Hell if I know and better minds than mine weren't sure either.

And the last fight was technically nothing impressive, but just seeing a 135 woman doing a faceplant knock out? Off a single clean right? People were talking about that non-stop. Hell, I'll remember that one for years.

Competitive fights are beautiful. Brawls can be beautiful too. Seeing beautiful technique or awesome domination can be just as beautiful.

well said

From her striking and hopefully her punches land square. But it's going to be a huge challenge for her.

Ronda Rousey seems invincible right now.

So do I. But I also like suspense, competiveness, and wars. Her last 3 fights were a minute 4 seconds combined. lol

Well people also like competitive fights but that's not why people typically buy Ronda's PPVs. It may be why a person would buy any other fighter's PPV but not the reason to buy Ronda's.

The only two ways I see Miesha winning is if Ronda botches a Judo throw and Miesha capitalizes on it or she catches Ronda with her big over hand right.

The only two ways I see Miesha winning is if Ronda botches a Judo throw and Miesha capitalizes on it or she catches Ronda with her big over hand right.

I think she can win if she survives the early onslaught and drags Ronda into untested waters. If Tate can keep the fight standing and try to out strike her without resorting to brawling she can win a decision or capitalize on a tired Ronda late in the fight. She just has to keep her wits about her and not turn it into a brawl or go for foolish takedowns. Like I said earlier it is a 5 round fight. She needs to find her groove and win the striking and avoid the ground/ wild striking exchanges.

Not shooting for a takedown every time she gets the upper hand standing would be a great start.

Even as a Tate fan, I agree.
A good punch or a mistake by Ronda that Tate jumps on

Miesha could maybe grab a guillotine and pull guard. Or take Ronda's back from kesa and work for an rnc.

Ronda's not invincible, but it's def an uphill battle for miesha to beat her.

Bryan Caraway. And then he told Miesha that Ronda was broken at the end of the 2nd round :icon_lol:

That's the type of stuff that's holding her back. She will always be the main gatekeeper until she wakes up.
You have to be able to separate bf from coach in those situations. I know he's hoping/wanting that to be true, but you can't tell her that if it's not.

Keep the fight standing, out box/damage Rhonda on the feet

Avoid the ground or trying to take her down at all costs. Defensive wrestling only

How about get rid of the wrestler mentality despite being a talented grappler she won't win there. If she can avoid the clinch as much as possible. If she gets thrown always watch what rousey does. Make this a kicking boxing match. She has ok kicks, use them. Now that she has bombs for hands she should if rousey swings like a drunk time that overhand into the mole sorry I mean her chin.

I think the only way Tate can beat Rousey is by decision. Tate hardly knocked out anyone. If she can survive her armbar, then I think it is possible for her to win the fight. In striking, Tate can be competitive. Otherwise, I see no chance for Tate.

I still think Amanda Nunes is a better contender because she finishes fights (TKOs or Choke). Watch her vs Julia Budd or Sara McMann. Tate is defensive and just wants to survive Ronda's armbar.

I think the only way to beat Rousey is by learning Tai Chi.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS7P1flvrWQ

One thing I remember from their second fight is how gassed Ronda looked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Of course, it didn't help that Tate started to dive head first into Ronda from that point on. It will be interesting to see what happens if Tate can keep to the stick-and-move gameplan and weather the early storm.

One thing I remember from their second fight is how gassed Ronda looked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
You must remember some other fight. I couldn't see much change in pace on her part from start to finish.

One thing I remember from their second fight is how gassed Ronda looked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Of course, it didn't help that Tate started to dive head first into Ronda from that point on. It will be interesting to see what happens if Tate can keep to the stick-and-move gameplan and weather the early storm.

You sound like Brian Caraway.

She needs to plant her feet and time that right that she landed on Jessica Eye a few times. Once Ronda feels that, we'll see what she's REALLY made of. After the 1st of those hits, Eye looked shell shocked and VERY tentative in going forward. If that happens to her, Tate's in with a good shot. I've said it a few times. The Tate that beat Eye would be the Ronda that fought Bethe.

She plants her feet and she is getting taken down.

Tell me how many times she went for a take down. She also didn't dive. People are also so excited when Ronda gets hit they stop looking at how many Ronda is landing.

Go back and watch the fight again, in slow motion if you have to.

Back