How can Miesha Tate beat Ronda Rousey?

I think the only way Tate can beat Rousey is by decision. Tate hardly knocked out anyone. If she can survive her armbar, then I think it is possible for her to win the fight. In striking, Tate can be competitive. Otherwise, I see no chance for Tate.

I still think Amanda Nunes is a better contender because she finishes fights (TKOs or Choke). Watch her vs Julia Budd or Sara McMann. Tate is defensive and just wants to survive Ronda's armbar.
I think a decision would be one of her least likely ways to win. In there last fight Ronda beat her in just about every minute of the fight. IMO her best chance is either RNC or a TKO after connecting on an over hand right.

Also I believe that Ronda has had more improvement since their last meeting than Miesha and that makes it hard for me to believe it will get out of the first round (with Ronda winning of course).

Keep Ronda at range with front kicks to the body and legs. Feint takedowns and land big shots with the hands. When she stops biting on the fake takedowns actually take her down land 1 or 2 shots on the ground and stand up.

The kicks will get her in trouble. A feint for a single or a double makes it hard to land a hard shot because she has to lower elevation to make it look real.

I think a decision would be one of her least likely ways to win. In there last fight Ronda beat her in just about every minute of the fight. IMO her best chance is either RNC or a TKO after connecting on an over hand right.

Your one of the smartest posters in this thread. Tate can only win by taking Ronda out of the fight.

Trying to go the distance just gives Ronda chances to get the arm bar.

One thing I remember from their second fight is how gassed Ronda looked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Of course, it didn't help that Tate started to dive head first into Ronda from that point on. It will be interesting to see what happens if Tate can keep to the stick-and-move gameplan and weather the early storm.

I'm curious what your definition of gassed is.

Very defensive fight using distance and striking - floyd mayweather style

Basically agree...also movement or "running" for lack of a better term. Floyd can always clinch when he is in trouble and he knows the ref will break it up and get him out of trouble. Obviously you usually don't count on that in MMA unless you clinch for a long time against the cage and the ref finally breaks it up. If Miesha clinches with Ronda she will get thrown and subbed of course.

Miesha would also have to work greatly on head movement and counter punching Ronda's wild/off target punches.

Would love to see Miesha get her hand raised and the belt, but just don't see it happening honestly. At this point with these two, I think many of us would just like to see a 4-5 round war where Ronda at least comes out bloodied and humbled somewhat.

Last edited:
She's gonna Tonya Harding Ronda before the fight.

It will be on embedded and all that shit.
You can quote me.

Back