How can Miesha Tate beat Ronda Rousey?

woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think the only way Tate can beat Rousey is by decision. Tate hardly knocked out anyone. If she can survive her armbar, then I think it is possible for her to win the fight. In striking, Tate can be competitive. Otherwise, I see no chance for Tate.

I still think Amanda Nunes is a better contender because she finishes fights (TKOs or Choke). Watch her vs Julia Budd or Sara McMann. Tate is defensive and just wants to survive Ronda's armbar.

Miesha needs to pull a Werdum on Ronda.
I mean, miesha has to pretend she gets hit...
do a barrel roll
and then somehow pull off a triangle submission.

Miesha needs to pull a Werdum on Ronda.
I mean, miesha has to pretend she gets hit...
do a barrel roll
and then somehow pull off a triangle submission.

ohhhh Werdum and Miesha in the same sentence? Please don't mention her name with Werdum.

Maybe if the jumbotron breaks and falls on Ronda

Tate can win, she just needs to fight a more defensive fight than she has in the past and stick to her game plan.

She can't. She can however put up a better fight than Ronda's last 3 can opponents. Like Ronda said in her book, Miesha's #1 trait is being a 2-faced backstabber, her #2 trait is her ability to take a fantastic beating. And she'll get 10x more name recognition taking a good beating from Ronda and outlasting her other opponents than fighting and winning against anybody else or having Caraway leak her nudz to TMZ.

She can then post some retarded motivational crap on Instagram like "winning doesn't make u a champ, getting ur ass kicked does", retire and become official spokeswoman for Dynamic Fastener.

Oil check was effective against Rin Nakai. Might be a good secret weapon against Rousey.

Miesha Tate said she guaranteed it would be a great fight. but she didn't say she would win. I don't see the same confidence that Bethe had.

Tate doesn't have the size, strength, or technique to be Ronda. She had a few chances in the last fight and did nothing with them. She will get ragdolled again.

Miesha Tate said she guaranteed it would be a great fight. but she didn't say she would win. I don't see the same confidence that Bethe had.

Well, Bethe's confidence didn't exactly lead to great results.

Tate seems to be realistic. She knows she's the underdog, but also knows she has improved her game, and I don't think her mindset will really hold her back.

Miesha has been upgrading her punching power for the past year. We've only seen a portion of it during the Jessica Eye fight.

this is what Miesha's gonna do to Ronda during their next fight.
tumblr_notnngQWZU1rofocqo1_500.gif

:p

Is this a trick question? Like..how can you survive without oxygen?

She's gonna spam take downs like the last fight but win with GNP KO this time.

the second fight showed her foolishness

the fight was going ok, she was throwing strikes and then for some unknown reason she tried to take down rhonda down which i dont understand and of course we know what happened

the only way she wins is at distance, rondas punches are still amateurish.

She can't. Quite simply.

A lucky punch which really wobbles Ronda is pretty much the only way, and I don't think Miesha has the power to even do that.

The sooner the Cyborg fight happens the better because more and more people are getting wise to the fact that everyone else in the female division is so far behind Ronda that it's ridiculous, and less and less people are going to buy a PPV with Ronda headlining, knowing full well that there is no way she'll lose.

Brendan Schaub had it right when he said the UFC honeydicked everyone into thinking Bethe Corriea had any kind of a chance.

She can't. Quite simply.

A lucky punch which really wobbles Ronda is pretty much the only way, and I don't think Miesha has the power to even do that.

The sooner the Cyborg fight happens the better because more and more people are getting wise to the fact that everyone else in the female division is so far behind Ronda that it's ridiculous, and less and less people are going to buy a PPV with Ronda headlining, knowing full well that there is no way she'll lose.

Brendan Schaub had it right when he said the UFC honeydicked everyone into thinking Bethe Corriea had any kind of a chance.

If they thought Bethe had a chance then they either never watched one of her fights or they're an idiot. Although the majority of people that buy Honda's PPVs probably just want to see her win in 10 secs anyways.

She needs to plant her feet and time that right that she landed on Jessica Eye a few times. Once Ronda feels that, we'll see what she's REALLY made of. After the 1st of those hits, Eye looked shell shocked and VERY tentative in going forward. If that happens to her, Tate's in with a good shot. I've said it a few times. The Tate that beat Eye would be the Ronda that fought Bethe.

If they thought Bethe had a chance then they either never watched one of her fights or they're an idiot. Although the majority of people that buy Honda's PPVs probably just want to see her win in 10 secs anyways.

Fortunately in the UK we don't have to pay $60 for each PPV or whatever it is. The only PPV we ever have to pay for is the occasional huge boxing match.
I'm surprised the UFC get as many buys as they do.

Back