How can Miesha Tate beat Ronda Rousey?

Suddenly get really good at striking. Her power does seem to have improved, but not good enough.

How could Sean O'Connell beat Jon Jones?

How could Shawn Jordan beat Fabricio Werdum?

How could Sam Alvey beat Chris Weidman?

How could Kenny Robertson beat Robbie Lawler?

How could Mitch Clarke beat Rafael Dos Anjos?

How could Kevin Souza beat Jose Aldo/Conor McGregor?

How could Frankie Saenz beat TJ Dillashaw?

How could Neil Seery beat Mighty Mouse?

Answer? No way any of those guys would win.

Tate is a journeywoman with no real A-Game. If you're gonna beat Rousey you need either a) AMAZING striking combined with KO power and b) takedown defence.

No woman has that. Not a single one.

Jab and circle away, Throw non committal leg kicks, avoid the clinch at all costs while moving and striking, bide your time

Rousey will tire from the bull rushes and swinging hay makers then you have a tiny chance. When women don't walk right into he clinch Rousey sprints at them and she clearly isn't playing the long game

Miesha doesn't have the tactical intelligence or the skill set to pull it off but it's the only viable strategy. Think of how a fighter like DJ or GSP would approach a fight with someone like Rousey. Wouldn't it be something similar? Avoid their strength and expose their weakness. In Ronda the strength is judo the only weakness for her in this weight class is cardio

That makes the most sense. We don't know if cardio is Ronda's weakness or not b/c we've never seen her cardio tested or even close to being tested. But we know what Ronda is good at. Tate needs to call her emotions down and fight smart. Jab and move, even if you get lucky and hurt Ronda bit don't freak out and start winging haymakers. Don't rush in there all pissed off and do NOT clinch with her. If you go to the ground with Ronda....I don't usually suggest stalling.....but Tate better hang on and stall and be glad the next round starts standing up. If you scramble Ronda is gonna snatch an arm.

Even then I give Tate like a .69% chance of winning anyway.

No. With guys there's always a chance they'll land the perfect shot right on the button. That's not really there with women. I think if these two fought 20 times Ronda would win all 20. Meisha's best bet is to maintain distance and beat Ronda standing. Problem is I think Ronda's standup has improved to the point where it's actually better than her's. Miesha was doing ok standing last fight, then would shoot, and get flipped on her back. I don't know who was telling her that was a good strategy.

No. With guys there's always a chance they'll land the perfect shot right on the button. That's not really there with women. I think if these two fought 20 times Ronda would win all 20. Meisha's best bet is to maintain distance and beat Ronda standing. Problem is I think Ronda's standup has improved to the point where it's actually better than her's. Miesha was doing ok standing last fight, then would shoot, and get flipped on her back. I don't know who was telling her that was a good strategy.

either awful coaching or Tate has the worst fight iq at 135

I don't know who was telling her that was a good strategy.

Bryan Caraway. And then he told Miesha that Ronda was broken at the end of the 2nd round :icon_lol:

That's the type of stuff that's holding her back. She will always be the main gatekeeper until she wakes up.

Honestly, I think she is going to get hit with a solid up kick. Watch Tate/Rousey 2 and she eats more than she should going inside.

i legit lol over tate having a better chin. how did tate's chin do against mcmann when mcmann knocked down tate and cracked tate's skull with the overhand right that broke tate's orbital face bone?
Pretty well, considering she continued to fight and beat McMann, despite getting hit hard enough to break her orbital bone in two places. Not sure you understand what a good chin is...

because you didn't just describe each and every one of her fights in the UFC so far?

I can't say that I disagree... but with Tate... it is not only pointless, we've already seen in 2x. It is about as relevant/interesting as Tito vs. Ken Shamrock 3 was.

Keep Ronda at range with front kicks to the body and legs. Feint takedowns and land big shots with the hands. When she stops biting on the fake takedowns actually take her down land 1 or 2 shots on the ground and stand up.

Keep Ronda at range with front kicks to the body and legs. Feint takedowns and land big shots with the hands. When she stops biting on the fake takedowns actually take her down land 1 or 2 shots on the ground and stand up.

She isn't a wrestler. She doesn't drop her hands to clinch, when you come in for a takedown. She turns her hips and throws you. Take her down? If you actually watched MMA you would know that Ronda reversed every takedown attempt she did. It was considered bad fighter IQ by sherdog.

More watching less posting.

That isn't going to work.

Throw a kick to the body and she'll catch it and toss you.
Kicks to the legs are better, but if you're not fast enough on the way out she'll catch them and toss you.
Faking a take down won't help you land shots. She's a Judoka, not a wrestler. She won't drop her hands when you fake a take down, she'll just keep her hands up and wait for you to shoot, then she'll rotate and execute an uchi mata.

Uchi mata

That's assuming she doesn't do a tawara gaeshi...

Or simply do a sumi gaeshi....

And there's more possible counters to a single/double depending on her foot positioning, hip distance and elevation, whether she still has her base of balance, etc. None of them require dropping your hands until the single/double is actually committed.

It's cute that you think that it's so simple.

How to beat olimpic caliber judoka 101, she needs to watch cc vs yoshida :p

attack off her back ala condit,dont go for takedown,use upkicks off her back,jab and sprawl.

Back