How can Canelo be 'Great' when..

Youre calling him elite.

Oh ok. Well if you don't think the fighter, who is viewed as a tough fight for canelo (or beats him) by basically every pro fighter that is asked (including Floyd) is not elite, then either you think very little of Canelo or you think you know more about boxing than most pro fighters including Floyd. Which is it?

You don't seem to understand that my opinion on Benavidez is supported by the vast majority of fighters and analysists? You have been living in a bubble too long.

You suck off his resume literally every day here pretending its good

Show me where I am 'sucking off his resume'. Specific quotes.

Oh ok. Well if you don't think the fighter, who is viewed as a tough fight for canelo (or beats him) by basically every pro fighter that is asked (including Floyd) is not elite, then either you think very little of Canelo or you think you know more about boxing than most pro fighters including Floyd. Which is it?

You don't seem to understand that my opinion on Benavidez is supported by the vast majority of fighters and analysists? You have been living in a bubble too long.

Show me where I am 'sucking off his resume'. Specific quotes.
Let me know when Benavidez even fights another belt holder or top contender, let alone actually beats an elite fighter. Thanks in advance.

Youngest ever SM WC, 2 time WC, undefeated, 25 wins 22 ko, and smashed every opponent he ever fought. Pretty good metric. Go ahead and give me your metric?

The issue is his competition has been very ordinary. He has 2-3 decent wins and is in the position to start fighting quality opponents. David Lemieux doesnt exactly check off...any of those boxes.

Beating Kyrone Davis (on short notice), Anthony Dirrell, and JLeon Love does not make a fighter "elite" in most boxing circles.

Benavidez has a path to becoming elite but its putting the cart before the horse saying he's there already.

You judge a fighter in totality and also HOW you beat average opponents. Charlo for example looked vulnerable in his last fight vs a B grade fighter while at least David beats the living hell out of everyone he fights. The closest fight he had was 4 years ago as a 20 year old which was still a clear win imo, and he removed any doubts in the rematch.

You judge a fighter in totality and also HOW you beat average opponents. Charlo for example looked vulnerable in his last fight vs a B grade fighter while at least David beats the living hell out of everyone he fights. The closest fight he had was 4 years ago as a 20 year old which was still a clear win imo, and he removed any doubts in the rematch.

Beating better opponents than Benavidez did has to be taken into account at some point.

Ah yes like the opponent who has lost 4 out of last 5 and never been a wc, with a total of 17 pro fights what a legit scalp! Clearly better than a 33-1 two time WC!

Ah yes like the opponent who has lost 4 out of last 5 and never been a wc, with a total of 17 pro fights what a legit scalp! Clearly better than a 33-1 two time WC!

Losing 2 very questionable decisions to A-level fighters > beating cans and being lucky to get past Yildirim. It’s not all that complicated.

Oh, and then you may consider the rest of said resumes - why you do not is very understandable, though. All right, there’s this Romanian dude that never did anything else than putting Benavidez on his ass. And J’Leon Love. Lol.

No one buys Benavidez’s achievements being remotely close to Charlo’s and you know it.

Last edited:
youngest ever super mw champ!*

*won two vacant belts against a no-namer and a 73 year old anthony dirrell

How can Canelo be great when...

easily. he has defeated other good and great fighters, often in dramatic, impression fashion.
the only blemish on his record is a fight he took with Mayweather when he was way too young, and inexperienced imo.

List all the great fighters he has defeated, let alone in dramatic fashion. and please don't dare say Kovalev.

List all the great fighters he has defeated, let alone in dramatic fashion. and please don't dare say Kovalev.

Even though I scored the fight a draw, his 2nd fight with GGG was impressive, and I think we can all consider GGG to be a "Great fighter." right?

BJ Saunders was a legit victory against a game fighter
and I would include his victory over Miguel Cotto as a win over a "Great fighter."

do you now consider Canelo to be "great"?

how does one constitute being "Great" in your opinion?

do you have examples of "Great fighters"?

Shane Mosley, Erislandy Lara, Gennady Golovkin, Sergey Kovalev, Daniel Jacobs, Miguel Cotto.
All were great fighters.

Shane Mosley, Erislandy Lara, Gennady Golovkin, Sergey Kovalev, Daniel Jacobs, Miguel Cotto.
All were great fighters.

LOL. They were all great fighters at the time canelo fought them really?

Were they still top ranked in their weight division when Canelo fought them though? If they're ranked (and I mean top 5), they're probably not that far off their primes when Canelo fought them.

For the most part yea. But you didn't ask that. You said to name great fighters he faced and I did. How bout you name how many great fighters Benavidez faced.

Were they still top ranked in their weight division when Canelo fought them though? If they're ranked (and I mean top 5), they're probably not that far off their primes when Canelo fought them.

Come on. They weren’t as great as 2021 Kyrone Davis.

For the most part yea. But you didn't ask that. You said to name great fighters he faced and I did. How bout you name how many great fighters Benavidez faced.
i’m like 99% sure his response will be that benavidez is actually SO good, that great fighters won’t even fight him. that’s just how great he is, you know?

Even though I scored the fight a draw, his 2nd fight with GGG was impressive, and I think we can all consider GGG to be a "Great fighter." right?

BJ Saunders was a legit victory against a game fighter
and I would include his victory over Miguel Cotto as a win over a "Great fighter."

do you now consider Canelo to be "great"?

how does one constitute being "Great" in your opinion?

do you have examples of "Great fighters"?
He thinks Benavidez is a great fighter. Because you know, Benavidez has a proven track record against high level opposition and Canelo doesnt.

Back