How can Canelo be 'Great' when..

l

How could he have been great at 35 after so many wars?

some people improve with age and experience, and this was when he transferred to Freddie Roach's camp as well.

and that fight against Canelo wasn't a blow out or anything.

I considered Cotto to be "Great" during that fight. maybe you have high standards mi Amigo.

some people improve with age and experience, and this was when he transferred to Freddie Roach's camp as well.

and that fight against Canelo wasn't a blow out or anything.

I considered Cotto to be "Great" during that fight. maybe you have high standards mi Amigo.
Cant be too high seeing as how hes constantly pumping up Benavidez resume

Cant be too high seeing as how hes constantly pumping up Benavidez resume

Personally, I think this is one of those situations where someone has clearly been proven to be incorrect, or maybe off in their original assessment but for whatever reason, they will not change their minds and are arguing for the sake of arguing.

reminds me of debating a flat earther. no matter what, the other person will still cling to their position.

how can any boxing fan, have the opinion that Canelo is not "Great"?

it's silly really.

Personally, I think this is one of those situations where someone has clearly been proven to be incorrect, or maybe off in their original assessment but for whatever reason, they will not change their minds and are arguing for the sake of arguing.

reminds me of debating a flat earther. no matter what, the other person will still cling to their position.

how can any boxing fan, have the opinion that Canelo is not "Great"?

it's silly really.

Are you even serious? You are comparing empirical science to a boxers resume? Maybe you are living in the sherdog bubble but many people think Canelo is not GREAT, including respected journalists and boxers. You can't prove me incorrect over something so subjective no matter how much you wish everyone would accept your fav boxer is as good as you think.

I have exposed hilarious hypocrisy. When Floyd fought Manny everyone criticized him for waiting too long and that Manny was too old at 36 and past his prime. Dirrell was 35 when Benavidez fought him and he was over the hill apparently, but when I demonstrated every notable name on Canelo's resume is 35+, suddenly age is no big deal and boxing rankings are what counts.. Its comical really.

Are you even serious? You are comparing empirical science to a boxers resume? Maybe you are living in the sherdog bubble but many people think Canelo is not GREAT, including respected journalists and boxers. You can't prove me incorrect over something so subjective no matter how much you wish everyone would accept your fav boxer is as good as you think.

I have exposed hilarious hypocrisy. When Floyd fought Manny everyone criticized him for waiting too long and that Manny was too old at 36 and past his prime. Dirrell was 35 when Benavidez fought him and he was over the hill apparently, but when I demonstrated every notable name on Canelo's resume is 35+, suddenly age is no big deal and boxing rankings are what counts.. Its comical really.

It's not that Dirrell was over the hill so much as he was never particularly good.

It's not really that Dirrell was shot, it's more that he was never that good. He was coming off going life and death with a guy who Canelo got absolutely no credit for annihilating. If that's the win that he's relying on to get this fight, then no one can possibly claim that he's forced the fight in any meaningful way.

It's not really that Dirrell was shot, it's more that he was never that good. He was coming off going life and death with a guy who Canelo got absolutely no credit for annihilating. If that's the win that he's relying on to get this fight, then no one can possibly claim that he's forced the fight in any meaningful way.

More facts ? This is a bold choice in here.

Awesome so if the standard is the last fight, then surely you admit Smith was never that good when in his previous fight, he got his ass beat by Ryder but was given a robbery decision?

Awesome so if the standard is the last fight, then surely you admit Smith was never that good when in his previous fight, he got his ass beat by Ryder but was given a robbery decision?

Smith was undefeated while Dirrell wasn’t, though, but you may have a point. Benavidez’s best career win was almost the same kind of challenge as a low top 10 or top 12 Canelo win. We may now agree on Benavidez’s need to do a little more before he can demand a Canelo fight.

God, this whole discussion was a tedious one.

Last edited:

I don't really have that high an opinion of Smith and mentioned his performance against Ryder several times before the Canelo fight. He was definitely more accomplished than Benavidez is now, though.

I don't really have that high an opinion of Smith and mentioned his performance against Ryder several times before the Canelo fight. He was definitely more accomplished than Benavidez is now, though.

Based on beating an injured Groves, and getting beat up by Ryder? Did I miss anything? Should we include where he struggled with a kick boxer on 5 days notice in the super 6?

Based on beating an injured Groves, and getting beat up by Ryder? Did I miss anything? Should we include where he struggled with a kick boxer on 5 days notice in the super 6?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I’m pretty sure that your boy tall, dark, and handsome isn’t into men.

Well yeah, stopping Groves is very clearly better than anything Benavidez has done.

plant - 29 years old
saunders - 31 years old
smith - 30 years old
golovkin - 33 years old
lara - 31 years old
trout - 28 years old

the only big wins canelo had over 35+ year olds is kovalev and cotto.

Back