Houston Judges should be Investigated [POLL]

Did Jones deserve the decision against Reyes

• Total voters
Was that a bigger robbery than Gsp/Hendricks? Atm I think so.
That fight was not a robbery at all.

Neither fighter won 3 rounds clearly in that fight. 2 rounds a piece, with the 1st round up for dispute... where GSP had a clean takedown and a submission attempt VS Hendricks throwing elbows while defending the single leg.

That was indeed a close fight that could have gone either way.

Reyes beat Jones for 3 rounds here, cleanly.

Reyes: 1,2,3

That fight was not a robbery at all.

Neither fighter won 3 rounds clearly in that fight. 2 rounds a piece, with the 1st round up for dispute... where GSP had a clean takedown and a submission attempt VS Hendricks throwing elbows while defending the single leg.

That was indeed a close fight that could have gone either way.

Reyes beat Jones for 3 rounds here, cleanly.
Gsp looked like he ran into a hornets nest and Johny looked like he ran 100 metres. But yeah Reyes just dominated Jon to a CLEAR 48-47 UD.

Biggest robbery in UFC history.

Judges should be Investigated. 49-46 for Jones is criminal.

Not even close to the biggest robbery...but 49-46 Jones was ridiculous (and that same judge fucked up earlier too - he should be canned).

I thought Derrick and Reyes won, and I only wanted one of them to win.

There seems to be respectable sources (such as Sherdog) scoring the 2nd for Jones, just as some people score the 3rd for Jones.

It's some kind of strange misconception that it needs to be either-or, you can only award Jones 1 of the rounds. It doesn't, obviously.

And there's your 49-46, not a lot of controversy and certainly not a criminal offense ...

The only decent argument being made is the “old rules in Texas leave door open to judges favoring aggression/octagon control over striking”.

I can’t get mad at people arguing this, but I still consider a judge who misinterprets rules this way to be utterly incompetent.

Following a guy around timidly (opponent is actually the one throwing more) while getting outstruck (opponent is landing more, and his strikes are better), is not control or aggression.

Jones lost this fight, period.

Ariel makes a good point early here

Was that a bigger robbery than Gsp/Hendricks? Atm I think so.

I think it certainly is. There was at least an arguement to be made that GSP won 3 rounds. I don't see any way someone could argue Jones won round 1, 2 or 3. Reyes landed more strikes, more significant strikes and more head strikes while there was no effective grappling in rounds 1-3.

LOL at that shillmeister Okamoto predictably doing his thing.

I think it certainly is. There was at least an arguement to be made that GSP won 3 rounds. I don't see any way someone could argue Jones won round 1, 2 or 3. Reyes landed more strikes, more significant strikes and more head strikes while there was no effective grappling in rounds 1-3.
But but he was advancing LOL. Apparently if someone is walking towards you and you smash them then its enough for them to win. FFS the UFC gets significantly shitter each year. Fuck dude how much better was Pride. Wish I was my age now and not a teen back then. I didn't appreciated it enough.

how was it the biggest robbery??? it was a close fight!

Close fights can have clear winners, Reyes clearly won 3 rounds. I don't think this is as bad as Machida vs Shogun 1 though cause I thought that was a clear 4-1 fight.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

If this meets the standard for an investigation, most judges in boxing would be sitting in jail. The decision wasn't a clear robbery.

I thought this was a pretty clear 48-47 for Reyes. I rarely get annoyed at Rogan for his commentating but this was a pretty pathetic performance by him.

Exactly. The first 3 rounds were pretty clear cut.

Actually, 2 judges gave round 2 to Jon Jones. I added the scorecard to the OP. Just fucking crazy honestly

Biggest robbery in UFC history.

Judges should be Investigated. 49-46 for Jones is criminal.

EDIT: Added ScoreCard for reference

EQUPF7kXsAEqEzc
Am I missing something? Why does it look like the scores for the first two rounds are printed on the card, and the rest written with a pen?

Back