3 things to help judging along

I respectfully disagree. I don’t think that’s what happens at all. Instead you get fighters playing it safe to scrape a draw. Also so we’re only looking at whole numbers? No rounding? Higher score overall doesn’t win? Sounds like even more controversy, think this ends up being hated just as much if not more in practice.

U think fighters are aiming for draws on purpose?

I never heard or seen that in practice once... almost all fighters dont want draws ...

Its by whole numbers only ... But rather then 3 judges giving separate intpretations we get the overall outlook of them for non title fights...and 5 intpretations into one for title fights...i dont think you realize how hard it would be to get a draw in this system

No matter what you do you can not eliminate controversy. A close fight will always have people bitching about the results because that's the nature of the game. Doesn't matter if it was decided by an AI or 5 judges, 10 judges, new criteria or whatever it may be

Now whenever a blatant robbery happens I think they should be willing to overturn the decision. Get a post fight analysis second opinion or something

U think fighters are aiming for draws on purpose?

I never heard or seen that in practice once... almost all fighters dont want draws ...

Its by whole numbers only ... But rather then 3 judges giving separate intpretations we get the overall outlook of them for non title fights...and 5 intpretations into one for title fights...i dont think you realize how hard it would be to get a draw in this system
You’ve never seen it because 10-10 rounds virtually don’t exist. Fighters would much rather take a draw than a loss and will play it safe to avoid one.

29-28, 29-28, 29-28, 29-28, 28-29. Final score: 28.8-28.2, so a draw since no rounding, right away huge problem with your system. And yes, draws even more likely with more frequent 10-10 rounds as you have suggested.

I gotta stop you at the first point. NO 10-10 SCORES. Stop being lazy. No fighters are ever equal. Yeah it sucks to give someone the 9.

10-10 rounds will most likely lead to an explosion in draws. Every close fight will be a draw and the rankings will get clogged and they'll be more rematches than fresh fights.

I'm sorry but 10-10 are stupid in my book.

And the inclusion of more judges will just make things more uncertain.
1 judge scores it 48-47 strictland
2 judge scores it 49-46 DDP
3 judge scores it 48-47 DDP
4 judge scores it 48-47 strictland
5 judge scores it 48-47 DDP

That doesn't clear up anything. That makes things more unclear.

Back