Elections Hillary will be President.

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
You're impossible to parody, friend. Congratulations.

So why did Hispanics, Asians, and highly educated whites also vote Obama overwhelmingly? Why did white working-class voters in non-Southern regions split pretty much down the middle? Doesn't add up, see?

If you listened to what Obama campaigned on in 2008 everyone should have voted for him in my opinion.

However, once in office he did the exact opposite of what he said he would do.

Maybe some people voted for the change he was campaigning about......

Too bad he lied, he's Bush 2.0 in different clothing....

I didn't vote for Obama in 2012 because I was quite disappointed about some specifics but I don't think that either this statement or saying he is simply Bush 2.0 is at real correct.

Regarding other posts in the thread: Obama's victories in 2008 and 2012 had nothing to do with race, if anything his race led to narrower electoral vote spreads than otherwise would have been expected.

If you listened to what Obama campaigned on in 2008 everyone should have voted for him in my opinion.

Maybe some people voted for the change he was campaigning about......

Too bad he lied, he's Bush 2.0 in different clothing....

What did he say he would do that he didn't?

Not saying he didn't break promises, but I want to hear what your grievances are.

Hmm. What did you like about the platform in 2008 that didn't get done?

What is the point of having a political discussion with someone who's beliefs are all created with the assumption that opposing party politics are governed by a secret society?

If you'd actually done extensive research on a subject, followed paper trails, and found significant evidence to make the claim that Obama is some sort of alien shapeshifter from the moon then I would listen to you. As it stands you're just saying "People vote Obama because Black. Obama bad because NWO. Hilary is woman, so NWO too."

As if voting for someone because of their race or sexual orientation is any more or less ridiculous than not voting for someone because you believe that they are secretly pushing a dark new world order agenda. Yet both of these votes are based on a complete lack of any real research or information.

Billary Chilldog is a can. she probably will win though

Corporate lobbying?

What about it?

IDL thinks there's some kind of secret group running the world so I was curious if he's on that level.

Last edited:
none of that would surprise me at all

Sided with the more liberal candidate because of race, yes. Are you simple? It obvious a majority of the campaign was pure emotional pandering to women and blacks. Do I need to embarrass you with 10000000000 sources?

do you think obama being black was a net positive or a net negative? i'd have to say net negative.

do you think obama being black was a net positive or a net negative? i'd have to say net negative.

At the time of his first election?

Positive. His skin tone was seen as hip and trendy...something new and cool. And also a chance at history. You think McCain could pull this off:

obama-fist-bump.jpg

or this:

Positive. His skin tone was seen as hip and trendy...something new and cool. And also a chance at history. You think McCain could pull this off:

obama-fist-bump.jpg

or this:

i don't know man, i cant imagine anyone thinking that being black is a net positive in america. imagine if he was white, he would have won by an even bigger margin.

I don't think it was a net negative or net positive.

Do you guys really think there are people out there who woulda voted for a Democrat if they were white? Or woulda voted for a Republican until a black guy ran?

Positive. His skin tone was seen as hip and trendy...something new and cool. And also a chance at history.
The people that would have that view were far more likely to vote democrat or anti-McCain-Palin anyway. There certainly would be a few exceptions to that but they're going to be a blip at best.

obama-fist-bump.jpg

or this:

That's silly.

At best, a portion of the African American community voted for him based on his skin color (but they vote Democrat anyway, you would only be talking about Republican voters who are a small % and Democratic voters who wouldn't have voted otherwise). Either way, it's a small number. Plus, your thinking excludes all the racist folks that would not vote for him based on skin color.

At the end of the day his skin color did not impact the election, but if anything, it's definitely a net negative. Romney got his ass kicked but if Obama was white, it would have been a total beating.

I do wonder whether, if the democrats had ended up with two white guys on the ballot, whether McCain would have gone with Palin. If he hadn't, he probably wouldn't have lost as bad, but still would have lost.

I have the greatest plan of all time how about for the first time in US history we have 2 candidates one Democrat and one Republican for entertainment purposes to see if they can work together or both look completely lost in the shuffle of leadership. If they can't work together as a "United Front" then we know what to do..............."We the People" movement. :icon_lol: They can resemble a competent leadership group or chaos. Let's see if the kids have learned anything.

I do wonder whether, if the democrats had ended up with two white guys on the ballot, whether McCain would have gone with Palin. If he hadn't, he probably wouldn't have lost as bad, but still would have lost.

I will be honest, I probably would have switched over at some point down the line, but McCain picking Palin was literally the straw that broke my back and moved me to Obama. It was such an atrocious "vote" move that it really proved to me he would play politics to get ahead on important items such as the freaking vice president spot.

Who knows what would have happened if McCain had run with a reasonable running mate.

I don't think it was a net negative or net positive.

Do you guys really think there are people out there who woulda voted for a Democrat if they were white? Or woulda voted for a Republican until a black guy ran?

The key is white working-class Southerners. A lot of them have favorable views of Clinton and agree with Democrats about most issues, but have an aversion to a black candidate. That's visible in the data, but you also have a lot of anecdotes to support it. McCain/Romney would have won that group even if Obama were white, but not by the same margin. I don't see any comparable benefits that Obama had. I don't think it was a huge factor, and obviously Obama won anyway, but I think it's clear that to the extent that race mattered, it worked against him.

Back