Media Henry Cejudo Bent The Knee: He’s Married

Meh, I think there are alot of couples who are content to just be in a relationship. Especially in Europe. I'm half German and have plenty of friends there, know the culture well, and long relationships without marriage are pretty common
yeah I wouldn't sweat the whole engaged/not engaged thing (sounds like you're not). with so many marriages ending in divorce now, a marriage is almost like saying "well let's do a long-term relationship and if we break up it'll cost thousands in lawyer fees"...not trying to be cynical since i've been happily married 10 years. but I have one good friend on his second marriage (we're both 38 years old) and two friends whose engagements went sour and married someone else eventually

yeah I wouldn't sweat the whole engaged/not engaged thing (sounds like you're not). with so many marriages ending in divorce now, a marriage is almost like saying "well let's do a long-term relationship and if we break up it'll cost thousands in lawyer fees"...not trying to be cynical since i've been happily married 10 years. but I have one good friend on his second marriage (we're both 38 years old) and two friends whose engagements went sour and married someone else eventually

Just try to keep in mind the marriages failing are repeat offenders. Most people who get married don't get divorced - but half of marriages end in divorce.

Just try to keep in mind the marriages failing are repeat offenders. Most people who get married don't get divorced - but half of marriages end in divorce.
a good point. i wish all high schools taught intro to statistics, maybe even require it....

“Bent the knee”
No that’s the divorce, and it’s both of them and his back when it happens.

If he's like the majority of people, he will straighten his leg and kick her to the curb after she turns out to be a big disappointment.

Oof.
I know we don't know him on a personal level but after watching him on TUF, hearing him on Rogan and seeing all the other interviews/embeddeds/etc I feel like we do kind of know his personality. And the way he was going about looking for a lady, poor lad.

Anyway, I hope I'm not right about the thing I'm not saying but that I sort of said.
Best of luck to the happy couple.

When you know, you know. Just like I did. Now I’m divorced, balding, and shit posting.

God bless them, I hope it works out. Triple C seems like a great guy beyond his cringe schtick

For sure, but there is a clear difference between how people viewed relationships, and marriages 50 years ago vs now

I'm always really interested to hear people's opinions on this type of stuff... I think people in the 50's understood this stuff a lot better than people do today. You have guys like O'Malley trying to be in an open relationship with his baby momma lol... I am a big believer in traditional values and the nuclear family

Possibly, but you're also not taking into account the lack of recourse or power women had back then with regard to relationships, marriage, right to own land, divorce, etc.

It's still weird when your woman is taller than you...

Back