Hate to say it but Schuab has a damn good point

1 2 3 Reyes !!!!!!!!!!!

123-kid.jpg

Wait, what? I dunno if OP cited Schaub correctly - but how is Jones resorting to wrestling an indicative of him knowing he was down 0-3?

It's obvious that he wanted to use wrestling as a way of getting the better of Reyes and ultimately winning, cuz the stand up wasn't working - but how, in ANY WAY is this Jones knowing he was 0-3?

It simply isn't. Why aren't people getting that?

Wait, what? I dunno if OP cited Schaub correctly - but how is Jones resorting to wrestling an indicative of him knowing he was down 0-3?

It's obvious that he wanted to use wrestling as a way of getting the better of Reyes and ultimately winning, cuz the stand up wasn't working - but how, in ANY WAY is this Jones knowing he was 0-3?

Well. He was!

Reyes 48-47! Why do you think Jones started shooting in the 4th and 5th? Because he knew he lost that shit, he didn't even shoot on Santos that had one leg. He was panic wrestling cause he knew he was 0-3! Thank you Brendan for that piece I never picked up on. Reyes 48-47
Dana destroyed that bum

Well. He was!

He wasn't according to the judges. And there's not a single reason to believe Jones himself thought he was down 0-3. As I said before, his corner told him he probably would have to win the 5th to win the fight.

He wasn't according to the judges. And there's not a single reason to believe Jones himself thought he was down 0-3. As I said before, his corner told him he probably would have to win the 5th to win the fight.
They told him "Reyes 1,2,3, lmao"

this was picked up in the audio.

I don't get it. What's the reasoning behind panic wrestling cuz you're down 3-0? Wouldn't you be trying to head hunt in order to get the stoppage necessary?

Jones head hunting? His ground and pound is his top asset

Jones head hunting? His ground and pound is his top asset

i think his top asset is his varied striking assault. He can fuck you up to the head body legs and knees and you dont know which is which and get overwhelmed. His GNP can close the show of course,but it doesnt always go there.

i think his top asset is his varied striking assault. He can fuck you up to the head body legs and knees and you dont know which is which and get overwhelmed. His GNP can close the show of course,but it doesnt always go there.

He needs rounds to fuck people standing and his knee kicks did not work on Reyes, Jones is not going to finish people standing when they are "fresh" like Reyes

He needs rounds to fuck people standing and his knee kicks did not work on Reyes, Jones is not going to finish people standing when they are "fresh" like Reyes
Yeah but he cant just spam takedowns from the bell,he needs to soften them up. He does that by his unpredictable,varied assault and voluminous attacks,which not only hurt,but shut down what they are trying to do.

Yeah but he cant just spam takedowns from the bell,he needs to soften them up. He does that by his unpredictable,varied assault and voluminous attacks,which not only hurt,but shut down what they are trying to do.

Don't disagree, but I'm talking about this fight and how he did not manage any of that in 3 rounds, according to his corner he was down in the fight and had to win the last rounds/finish

This is hate at its finest. Jones attempts to use his complete range of mma in a fight as he said he would. Haters: its desperashun (foaming at the mouth)

Don't disagree, but I'm talking about this fight and how he did not manage any of that in 3 rounds, according to his corner he was down in the fight and had to win the last rounds/finish
In this fight yes,I feel like him getting Reyes down he should have opted for that,seems like that is what hes goin for. Other tricks werent as effective this time

You kind of answered your own question there. If he felt his stand up wasn't working I assume you mean it wasn't winning him the fight.

He might not have thought he was down 0-3 necessarily but he 100% knew it was too close to be confident so changed tactics.

Already rewatched it. Didn't catch them saying that. I know you're kidding, no worries ...
The LMFAO was part of the quote. I guess you got bad hearing.

So let me get this straight...yours and Schaubs reasoning was that just because Jones shot for takedowns it was a clear indicator of him losing?

I feel like you have no idea what your talking about, let alone the fact you are taking anything Schaub says seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back