Hate to say it but Schuab has a damn good point

Jones kept the pressure and won.

Reyes did not do enough to steal the belt.

All is good.

While I'm not particularly a fan, I can at least appreciate Schuab's analysis, predictions, opinons, ect... As stated before, he was a top ten fighter at one point, and has found success in mostly everything he's perused. The man is 99.9% more successful than most of us on this board. He may not be the most eloquent, but he's far from stupid.

I don't get it. What's the reasoning behind panic wrestling cuz you're down 3-0? Wouldn't you be trying to head hunt in order to get the stoppage necessary?
How many people has Jones finished on the feet, and how many has he finished on the ground?

Your answer lies in this question. Jones is more like Tito Ortiz than he is like Anderson Silva.

It’s a sad time in MMA when using different skills is cause for criticism.

You realize what you said is the same thing I said? But worded differently? You can’t account for what Jones is thinking so this is pretty much superimposing your personal thoughts in this situation

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter, Jones won.
20200211_114603.jpg

We really need Cormier judging these fights

<36>
<36>
<36>
<DCWhoa>
<DCWhoa>

Schaub is a former top10 UFC HW Fighter.

I'm pretty sure that makes him MUCH MORE qualified than anyone here on Sherdog, except for DC

You'd think it would, but he's still somehow completely fucking clueless on combat sports and just life in general.

Reyes 48-47! Why do you think Jones started shooting in the 4th and 5th? Because he knew he lost that shit, he didn't even shoot on Santos that had one leg. He was panic wrestling cause he knew he was 0-3! Thank you Brendan for that piece I never picked up on. Reyes 48-47

tru cawlmic genius for h8ers

Yep, Reyes.
Schaub's pretty stupid, but if you actually have anything he says in anything of value to your decision making process or thought process, you are even more stupid.

It just takes two eyeballs and functioning brain to see who actually won that fight.

Reyes 48-47! Why do you think Jones started shooting in the 4th and 5th? Because he knew he lost that shit, he didn't even shoot on Santos that had one leg. He was panic wrestling cause he knew he was 0-3! Thank you Brendan for that piece I never picked up on. Reyes 48-47
did he talk about dicks as well?

It was also very telling, when in his post fight speech, Jones said he won cos of TDs - says to me Jones felt like he was out struck by Reyes, too.

This.

Jon and his camp rewatched the fight. I bet their argument today isn't about TDs, it's about defense, effective striking and forward movement.

Jon clearly felt he needed the TD count for the extra points.

I mean Reyes won the fight but Jones shooting doesnt mean anything about that. He probably thought "hey hes tired,i can get him this time"

Apparently people will grasp anything and anyONE to try and convince themselves they're right.
I thought Reyes won but said in the fight thread before the winner was announced that it could go either way. The bias on here is off the charts yet everybody thinks they'd make better judges than those who get paid for it. <{hughesimpress}>

Apparently people will grasp anything and anyONE to try and convince themselves they're right.
I thought Reyes won but said in the fight thread before the winner was announced that it could go either way. The bias on here is off the charts yet everybody thinks they'd make better judges than those who get paid for it. <{hughesimpress}>
Any piss smelling hobo can do better than 49 46 jones

are you seriously asking why he was fighting after the 3rd round ??
Yes? I certainly think he got more urgent in the 4 and 5th rounds probably because he thought he was losing the fight.

believe whatever you want though.

Jones has been incumbent champ for what 10 years? Reyes needed to kick Jones ass which he didn't And I m not a fan of JJ

I don't get it. What's the reasoning behind panic wrestling cuz you're down 3-0? Wouldn't you be trying to head hunt in order to get the stoppage necessary?

Hellbows. They are his best weapon and his go-to finisher.

Schaub is a former top10 UFC HW Fighter.

I'm pretty sure that makes him MUCH MORE qualified than anyone here on Sherdog, except for DC

Schaub being a former fighter only makes it funnier that he manages to be such a terrible analyst.

Back