Hate to say it but Schuab has a damn good point

That showed experience n superior fight iq

he knew there’s no way judges gonna give his opponent all 3 1st rounds n made sure he wins the championship rounds.

Schaub's pretty stupid, but if you actually have anything he says in anything of value to your decision making process or thought process, you are even more stupid.

It just takes two eyeballs and functioning brain to see who actually won that fight.
Reyes. I'm glad you agree with the 95%.

Reyes 1,2,3.

So, no one has so far been able to explain what OP meant by Schaubs reasoning being good.

Shall we leave it at that?

If you get any advice about anything from Brendan Schaub you're likely way off.
Schaub is a former top10 UFC HW Fighter.

I'm pretty sure that makes him MUCH MORE qualified than anyone here on Sherdog, except for DC

So let me get this straight...yours and Schaubs reasoning was that just because Jones shot for takedowns it was a clear indicator of him losing?

I feel like you have no idea what your talking about, let alone the fact you are taking anything Schaub says seriously.
No, Shooting for takedowns does not mean you are losing your fight shooting for takedowns appeared to be Jones knowing he was losing the fight. Read the op

I'd have to rewatch round 3 - I remember it feeling pretty close.

I don't get it. What's the reasoning behind panic wrestling cuz you're down 3-0? Wouldn't you be trying to head hunt in order to get the stoppage necessary?

Jones isnt a lay and prayer, he usually causes a lot of damage on top. Atl used to.

The idea is that Jones didn't think he should continue to stand with Reyes, and you don't think that if your winning rounds.

I mean Reyes won the fight but Jones shooting doesnt mean anything about that. He probably thought "hey hes tired,i can get him this time"
I don’t agree, you know Greg Jackson is in the corner saying “the striking is close, take him down and tire him out “ etc etc
Those guys go for points, they aren’t planning a finish so I’m 100% sure it was strategic, and it worked great, Reyes started the rounds hot, Jones grappled with him and he slowed down for the rest of those rounds

No, Shooting for takedowns does not mean you are losing your fight shooting for takedowns appeared to be Jones knowing he was losing the fight. Read the op
You realize what you said is the same thing I said? But worded differently? You can’t account for what Jones is thinking so this is pretty much superimposing your personal thoughts in this situation

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter, Jones won.

In the post presser he said something like his coach told him he may need to win the last round to win the fight...but if u listen to the actual audio you can hear Jon's coaches instructing him that he actually needs a stoppage to be sure for a win..

Jones could make his life a whole
Lot easier if he grinded on those strikers.

The term "panic wrestling" has lost all meaning. Thank you, casuals.

I mean Reyes won the fight but Jones shooting doesnt mean anything about that. He probably thought "hey hes tired,i can get him this time"
Maybe. My gut reaction during round 4 was that he was going for panic takedowns because he knew he was losing.

Well standing up didn't work so well for him after 3 rounds, why wouldn't he try something different.
Exactly, but the change in strategies implies that Jones himself felt he was down 0-3, not that rounds 2 and 3 were so close that he should stay the course.

Back