Hate to say it but Schuab has a damn good point

The schaubification of Sherdog continues. More and more are converted into Schaubinism and millions more will follow. It started with a podcast, but has now turned into a fully fledged subculture that is having a positive impact on millions of us. We remain quiet when he speaks and analytical thereafter. We totally agree with his sentiments and opinions on this topic.
Schaub changes his mind as often as Rogan does.

Jones corner told him the truth going into 4. They told him "REYES 123 LOL"

I dont think he was trying to score points,i think he was trying for a finish off the takedown.
So, he was trying to win the fight like he is supposed to. He knew the fight was close, and he pushed harder than his opponent. Fight IQ. The judges saw it, and agreed with him.

Schaub's pretty stupid, but if you actually have anything he says in anything of value to your decision making process or thought process, you are even more stupid.

It just takes two eyeballs and functioning brain to see who actually won that fight.
I would be curious to see your net worth in comparison to Schaubs. By the way how did you lose your eyeballs and brain. Was it a car accident?20200209_133456.jpg

So, he was trying to win the fight like he is supposed to. He knew the fight was close, and he pushed harder than his opponent. Fight IQ. The judges saw it, and agreed with him.
Yeah but he was down 3 - 0 when he did that,and he wasnt able to finish or really do much off those TD attempts

Well standing up didn't work so well for him after 3 rounds, why wouldn't he try something different.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with knowing he was down 3-0, which seems to be the point. That's just Jones wanting to fight as effectively as possible - by any means possible.

I mean it was a good idea to test the TDD at that stage when Reyes was more tired. The guy still was able to resist it tho

According to Jones at the post presser, his corner told him he "might have to win the 5th".

So, I guess there goes Schaub's theory.

Yeah but he was down 3 - 0 when he did that,and he wasnt able to finish or really do much off those TD attempts
You are saying Jon Jones was 3-0 down. I doubt that Jon Jones believed he was 3-0 down. If you are 3-0 down, then it would be poor fight IQ to waste time trying to get strongly contested TDs. Then you have to waste time trying to secure the TD, and more time trying to get into a position to finish the fight. When you get close to the finish, it would be the end of the round or the fight. You will most likely lose.

This is more reason why fighters need to know what is the real score in real time. If Jon Jones knew he was 3-0 down, then he most likely would have been swinging for the fences, because that would have been a better strategy to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

We need live scoring.

You are saying Jon Jones was 3-0 down. I doubt that Jon Jones believed he was 3-0 down. If you are 3-0 down, then it would be poor fight IQ to waste time trying to get strongly contested TDs. Then you have to waste time trying to secure the TD, and more time trying to get into a position to finish the fight. When you get close to the finish, it would be the end of the round or the fight. You will most likely lose.

This is more reason why fighters need to know what is the real score in real time. If Jon Jones knew he was 3-0 down, then he most likely would have been swinging for the fences, because that would have been a better strategy to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

We need live scoring.
I disagree completley, If jones got Reyes down,he could have blasted him with elbows ala Brandon vera,or submitted him like he did Gus. He was tired. Then the scores would be moot.

Lol at these forum posters typing with cheeto fingers discrediting the opinion of a former UFC fighter.

BWAAAAHAHAHA.
Not only a former UFC fighter, but also a guy who's out there slingin' dick!

Even i think Reyes won,but now that Schaub is saying it i doubt myself

Schaub's pretty stupid, but if you actually have anything he says in anything of value to your decision making process or thought process, you are even more stupid.

It just takes two eyeballs and functioning brain to see who actually won that fight.
Says the guy who thinks Kharitonov is a viable opponent for Ngannou today. I thought Reyes won too, and I dislike Jones, but Luke Thomas pointed out something important to the conversation. Texas hasn't adopted the new ruleset. In the old ruleset octagon control held more weight as a criteria, now it doesn't even come into effect unless striking and grappling are equal. That being said, Jones advanced for most of the fight after the first two rounds and wasn't really caught clean very often. Hate to admit it, but under the boomer ruleset Jones takes it 3-2. Under the new rule set peoples champ Reyes takes it 3-2.

P. S. Brenda is stupid asf tho.

TL;DR people like you shouldn't be calling anyone out.

Schaub should breakdown this magnificent striking defense.
0439a80700559fe4c13536e968d08434.png

i heard from an old sifu that this is an ancient technique in Chinese Wing Chun called Biu Gee. obviously, Jones has does some slight modifications to the technique to bring it to us in 2020.
71U2KP2wXHL._SY445_.jpg

Says the guy who thinks Kharitonov is a viable opponent for Ngannou today. I thought Reyes won too, and I dislike Jones, but Luke Thomas pointed out something important to the conversation. Texas hasn't adopted the new ruleset. In the old ruleset octagon control held more weight as a criteria, now it doesn't even come into effect unless striking and grappling are equal. That being said, Jones advanced for most of the fight after the first two rounds and wasn't really caught clean very often. Hate to admit it, but under the boomer ruleset Jones takes it 3-2. Under the new rule set peoples champ Reyes takes it 3-2.

P. S. Brenda is stupid asf tho.

TL;DR people like you shouldn't be calling anyone out.

awe don't put words into people's mouth with your single digit iq. thanks.

It was also very telling, when in his post fight speech, Jones said he won cos of TDs - says to me Jones felt like he was out struck by Reyes, too.

Back