Has any MMA/ UFC Fighter ever been truely world class at 2 arts

Has Fedor ever competed internationally in judo? Cause it's a real deep talent pool...

Judo
International Judo Federation
1999 Sofia Liberation A-Team Senior Bronze Medalist[159]
1999 Moscow International Tournament Senior Bronze Medalist[159]

Georges St Pierre

GSP has extremely limited striking. One of the main advantages which he has over opponents is the threat of the takedown which inhibits his opponent's ability to counteract him. Therefore, opponents keep their hands down and he hacks away at them with the jab

Has Fedor ever competed internationally in judo? Cause it's a real deep talent pool...

He won bronze in the Russian championships in -98 (-100kg) and -99 (openweight) and was in the Russian national judo team before he had to switch to MMA because of lack of money. Considering that Russia is one of the top countries in judo he would have at least been very competetive on international level.

GSP has extremely limited striking. One of the main advantages which he has over opponents is the threat of the takedown which inhibits his opponent's ability to counteract him. Therefore, opponents keep their hands down and he hacks away at them with the jab

He has a vast arsenal of strikes his martial arts career started with karate he may not use all of his tools on a regular basis but doont forget about them. I'm not saying he's world class top 10 kickboxers but I think he's a lot better than yoiur making him out to bre

You should stop stating things as fact when it is not true at all. GSP's keeps his striking somewhat limited to eliminate errors. He does this becaus it's the smart thing to do, not because it's all he can do. It's all about the footwork son. Just wait til GSP vs Diaz. GSP's footwork will make nick look like a crappy striker.

Gsp is a high level karate black belt

GSP has world class level wrestling and jiujitsu.
when is the last time he pulled a sub on anyone. He had thousands of chances to finish a fight by sub thanks to his wresslin yet all his fights ended up in decisions. World class bjj my ass, he couldnt even sub Dan Hardy lol.

when is the last time he pulled a sub on anyone. He had thousands of chances to finish a fight by sub thanks to his wresslin yet all his fights ended up in decisions. World class bjj my ass, he couldnt even sub Dan Hardy lol.

You must be one of those "BJJ = subs" idiots.

Judo
International Judo Federation
1999 Sofia Liberation A-Team Senior Bronze Medalist[159]
1999 Moscow International Tournament Senior Bronze Medalist[159]

I was skeptical of the quality of these tourneys, but they were pretty lefgit, especially the Sofia tourney. The gold medalist is an Olympic silver medalist and 3 time world champion. The silver medalist was also an Olympic and world champ.

Last edited:
tumblr_lx9odwYwcK1r9oyooo1_400.gif

2005 ADCC Euro Champ

guiness record for consecutively holding 3 belts

k1 champion

No because the grappling and striking aspects of MMA are quite different from their "pure" counterparts, i.e the best MMA wrestler wouldn't be the best in a wrestling competition or vice versa.

Fedor's world class in both Sambo and Judo.

No because the grappling and striking aspects of MMA are quite different from their "pure" counterparts, i.e the best MMA wrestler wouldn't be the best in a wrestling competition or vice versa.

Werdum, Monson and Vinny were alteady doing mma when they got their gold at ADCC. So at least elite grappling/bjj transfers into mma pretty well.

Some fighters are good enough to be, but it's difficult to maintain two separate careers so MMA becomes the answer.

Wasn't Lyoto Machida national/continental champion for Sumo in his weight class, and also a national/international Karate champion?

Back