Has any MMA/ UFC Fighter ever been truely world class at 2 arts

Matt Boy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of guys who could legit compete eg in K-1 and World Grappling competitions or even boxing to a decent level?

Anybody know anybody like this?

TS not that I know of. I do know that there has been Muay Thai Champions who became Boxing Champions.

Alistiar Overeem, K1 Grand Prix champ and has participated in ADCC as well. I think he was a European champ or something

You'll never really know because if someone is good enough to compete at 2 different martial arts then they'll just do MMA. That's kind of what MMA is anyway.

You'll never really know because if someone is good enough to compete at 2 different martial arts then they'll just do MMA. That's kind of what MMA is anyway.

I don't know about that. There is more money to be made in Boxing. I think the 2 most difficult disciplines to succeed in is Wrestling and Boxing mainly because of the deeper talent pools.

for me MMA and K1 don't count, the stand-up aspect is too similar.

JDS or Overeem get by doing the same thing in K1 as they do in MMA, keep it standing and outstrike their opponents.

k1 maia and shields

on a serious note i think jon jones has the ability to be world class in both

Defined as its used by the fighter in MMA, the Spider is world class in MT and BJJ.

k1 maia and shields

on a serious note i think jon jones has the ability to be world class in both

I think if Jones trained for it he possibly could be world-class in both BJJ and Kickboxing but at this stage I doubt it. If he wanted to be world-class in Boxing or Wrestling he'd just have to focus on one, that's even less likely.

I believe Art Jimmerson was a world class boxer, and finger-painter(thats why he wore the glove to protect his hand)...

Also, his name is Art.

Alistiar Overeem, K1 Grand Prix champ and has participated in ADCC as well. I think he was a European champ or something

This
K-1 champ and ADCC European champ

Frankie Edgar would do great in boxing and wrestling.

Defined as its used by the fighter in MMA, the Spider is world class in MT and BJJ.

I don't think Anderson's bjj is what TS is looking for. He would be detroyed in any high level grappling competition.

Frankie Edgar would do great in boxing and wrestling.

I thin Edgar maybe could have been world-class in one of them if he focused on just one discipline, but no way in both at the same time. Nobody in MMA can.

lolwhut?

Frankie would do fucking terrible in boxing.

I've seen Boxing fans give him credit, if he had focused on just Boxing maybe he could have been good. But at this stage it's too late.

I've seen Boxing fans give him credit, if he had focused on just Boxing maybe he could have been good. But at this stage it's too late.

It isn't about giving him credit, the guy is a fantastic boxer; in MMA.

He'd be a god awful boxer, in boxing.

Back