Gun store experiences

I bought 5 boxes of .223 at a gun store this weekend and another 6 boxes of 5.56 at walmart :cool: No price gouging, both places only allowed customers to buy a limited supply.

Then get ready for some Dr. bills. A guy on armslist just sold one for fuckin $2900!!

I went all Drinkin Outta Cups. No way, No way! What is this garbage!

I just virtual spit my virtual Dr. Pepper all over my monitor. Holy shit. I've seen a Romak 1 version ....

aimmt1.jpg

...except with the folding stock, for $2600 but it was a consignment at the local boonies gun store and I figured the guy was just fishing for regional rubes. To see one go on the internet for that price is nuts.

Not gun store but my friend said he saw someone buying 100 rounds of 9mm for $130 at a gun show this last weekend.

Absolutely nuts. They were selling magtech 50rd boxes for $15 bucks at a local flea market. Another vendor offered my buddy his personal 9mm, an "attention getter" as he called it, for a hundred bucks; it was a hi-point with a melted hand grip. Gotta love flea markets.

White box of 45 ACP, 50 rounds, & 20 round box of Guard Dog = 62 bucks, not bad imo but I wish it was cheaper.

Not a gun store, but this weekend Walmart had 600 rounds of 45 APC for sale, and this was on a Saturday around 2pm. I almost didn't believe my eyes when i saw Federial Prem. 45 FMJ 50 round boxes for $20 bucks a box.

Saw 30-06 (garand) "Black Tips" at one place - bag of 20 for $70.00, and at another - bag of 25 for $5.00.

Everywhere around here, Birmingham, has been out for a while.

Yay, my local Academy has bumped up to allowing 2 boxes per caliber per purchase (except 100 rounds or more boxes) instead of the 1 box limit.

We've had almost every caliber readily available for months now, even during the nov-april madness.. except 22lr and 9mm. My shop just got in about 150k rounds of Fed white box 9mm so I don't see us selling out of it anytime soon. Even by selling the 1k rnd cases for $339.99

22 is what's worse for us. Can't seem to find shit from the distributors except subsonic shit, only good for revolvers and bolt actions. Limit 100 ends per customer per day. The only bulk we've had in was Fed match grade 325 rnd bulk packs. Only getting 30 boxes too. That shit gets sold within 2 days.

Only thing we limit is the 22lr. Everything else, no limits. We have plenty of 223/556, 9mm, 40, .45, etc.

Oh, and 357 seems pretty hard to get for us to for some reason. Still can keep in on the shelf, but not much back stock at all.

Still scarce around here. It's getting ridiculous.

My gun store has had an Israeli heavy barrel FAL sitting on the top shelf for 2800 for about 6 years now.

I love my FAL and $2800 is not out of the price range I've seem for SASS models, but I can imagine that sitting in the showroom for a while.

Things are slowly getting back to normal here at least regarding firearms. I saw a stainless Judge for $500 at the LGS today. Best price I could find before the panic was $400, and people were asking $600 in February.

.223, .22, 9mm and most pistol ammo is still hard to come by though.

Excited that they opened a Gander Mountain this week by my house. I might apply to work there actually just to get a discount.

I bought 500 rounds of 9mm. They had tons of ammo in every caliber except one dude just cleared out the last 22lr. They have a limit of 10 boxes per customer per day.

One lady was walking around asking everyone what the best deals were (panic buyer). She saw me grabbing a box of 350 (which was like a pallet display of which they had many) and said something like "gotta get it before it all goes away."

I'm just happy to comfortably shoot my 9mm again.

Around here ammo didn't reallly get scarce until aroung March when pawn shops from 50 miles away started sending guys to buy up everything locally. The local gun shops just stopped selling ammo to non-locals, unless they purchased a gun. The local Academy was picked clean though. More than a few guys have been banned form the local private range for buying out ammo locally and gouging online. one nice thing about having a close-knit gun community here. I shoot primarily 10mm and .45-70, so I've always had a hard time finding ammo, lol.

That's pretty annoying especially now. I see ammo popping up on craigslist overpriced.

It's been a couple of weeks but Academy is only holding 9mm and 22 behind the counter. Everything else is back on the regular shelves.

I retract my excitement about gander mountain. Yeah they have stuff in stock but it's all overpriced. Saw a wasr10 for $900.

I retract my excitement about gander mountain. Yeah they have stuff in stock but it's all overpriced. Saw a wasr10 for $900.

Never been inside one, but their online stuff is all way overpriced even compared to Cabelas and Basspro.

plenty of stock on the shelves around atlanta. the local wal marts have everything but 22 on a fairly regular basis. i just bought another 500rd can of 40 s&w the other day for $300 from my favorite local ammo reman place.

plenty of stock on the shelves around atlanta. the local wal marts have everything but 22 on a fairly regular basis. i just bought another 500rd can of 40 s&w the other day for $300 from my favorite local ammo reman place.

I'm still not finding any reasonably priced 9mm. 38 sp and 357 mag are also hard to come by. I bought 100 rounds of .22 at the gun show this weekend, but haven't seen anything but the shotshells for 9 months now.

Also went into a pawn shop to browse and walked out with a Ruger BX-25 mag for $25. Feeds so much smoother and easier than my steel-lipped magpul mags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back