Gun store experiences

Haven't really looked around for .223 ammo in awhile. Just went to Big 5 and all they had were Varmint rounds 20 for $25. No, thank you.

I was in Cabelas earlier, and a guy was asking about .223 ammo. They said they get 1000 boxes every Tuesday, but have a 10 box per customer limit because every asshole wants to buy the whole inventory.

Also, Cabelas has an awesome inventory of older guns.

They had a Marlin 1895 GBL in 45-70 for $549, a Mauser 98 in 8mm for $329, a Lee-Enfield in .303 for $599, and a Mosin-Nagant Sniper rifle for $499.

Fuck. I had a book written out and it didn't post. I hate that.

Anyway, the jist of it is me working in a large gunstore/range in the midwest over the past week. It's been madness. Pmags, glock mags, AR's, AR components and ammo is being bought up like nothing. We sold close to 1,600 Pmags in just over 4 days. Our AR's were gone in just the same amount of time. We carried about 15 different AR manufacturers too.

There's a lot more I had to say but minor writing everything over again. I'm just glad I started stocking up heavy during this past summer :D

I hope you get some sort of bonus or commission!

Before

imag0083n.jpg

After

imag1603.jpg

I went to a local shop here just to check inventory on my day off. They were picked clean, even their used gun section was bare. They had two surplus guns, an SKS and a Mosin Nagant. They wanted 800 bucks for the SKS and 320 bucks for the Mosin. They can go get fucked, the shady ****s. When the whole ban scare is done, I probably will not do business with them anymore just on principle.

I stopped by my local store the other day and for ammo all they had was 2 boxes of .221, less than 10 .22 Bird shot, and a couple of boxes of 16 gauge shells. There wasn't any reloading supplies either. Gun prices where about the same, about $20-$30 higher than normal except there wasn't any Glocks.

Yes. every place is bloody full of bloody idiots, many buying up shit simply because its taboo, or some shit. They all seem to only want para-military stuff.

Some goon was buying a WARS-Whatever it is, the polish AK, for $1300.00!!

Highway robbery Fer fuck sake!

WHAT? I should have sold mine that I bought for $320..

Stopped by Jim's Gun store in Baton Rouge today. I'd been looking at a number of pieces there before the election, when they upped their prices considerably.

Today was my first time back there since January. The store was full of inventory, and prices were back down pre-insanity. Still no ammo though.

My local shop is starting to get ammo pretty regularly. Not as cheap as wally world but I just picked up 4 boxes of speer gold dot hp's in 9mm.

^ I have been there quite a few times and bought stuff but I've only shot there once, I mostly go out to the dessert. My buddy wanted to buy a vector but wanted to see how it shot first, so while he did that I rented a ump45, great fun.

Cool. I haven't been in a while. The last time I was there they were out of all 22 and 9mm ammo so I had no reason to stick around. It sucks too because I just got back into shooting and was going through about a brick of 22 a week for a while and then ammo became impossible to find (not spending $60+ a brick of cheap 22) and haven't been shooting anywhere near as much as I was.

Yes. every place is bloody full of bloody idiots, many buying up shit simply because its taboo, or some shit. They all seem to only want para-military stuff.

Some goon was buying a WARS-Whatever it is, the polish AK, for $1300.00!!

Highway robbery Fer fuck sake!

Thanks for delayed whiplash man!!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I went to a local shop here just to check inventory on my day off. They were picked clean, even their used gun section was bare. They had two surplus guns, an SKS and a Mosin Nagant. They wanted 800 bucks for the SKS and 320 bucks for the Mosin. They can go get fucked, the shady ****s. When the whole ban scare is done, I probably will not do business with them anymore just on principle.

GD! i can get a SKS for 200 up here.

One of my officers wanted an M&P 40. We went to the two big stores. One of them had it in an LE only model, but I have the license, he doesn't(long story). The other store had a grand total of six guns on the civi side. All bolties. One box of ammo.

He ended up getting it at Academy with three boxes of .40.

Thanks for delayed whiplash man!!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Then get ready for some Dr. bills. A guy on armslist just sold one for fuckin $2900!!

I went all Drinkin Outta Cups. No way, No way! What is this garbage!

Not gun store but my friend said he saw someone buying 100 rounds of 9mm for $130 at a gun show this last weekend.

Cool. I haven't been in a while. The last time I was there they were out of all 22 and 9mm ammo so I had no reason to stick around. It sucks too because I just got back into shooting and was going through about a brick of 22 a week for a while and then ammo became impossible to find (not spending $60+ a brick of cheap 22) and haven't been shooting anywhere near as much as I was.

That pic was the last time I went I think it was late feb, the had almost nothing for sale. No ammo was for sale unless used in the range. I think I counted like 20 pistols all very pricey, 5 or so shotguns a couple bolt actions and nothing else. Even the gun accessories were almost wiped out. I think 4 people were working there and it was basically a ghost town inside.

That pic was the last time I went I think it was late feb, the had almost nothing for sale. No ammo was for sale unless used in the range. I think I counted like 20 pistols all very pricey, 5 or so shotguns a couple bolt actions and nothing else. Even the gun accessories were almost wiped out. I think 4 people were working there and it was basically a ghost town inside.

Yeah. For a while it was dead in there. Last time I was there about a month ago, it was picking up but still really light in terms of traffic. I hope to make it back in there this week... hopefully...

Back