Gun store experiences

Its Obamas fault that unstable people are able to buy firearms? Moreso if he attempts legislature specifically to PREVENT said nutjobs from being able to purchase said firearms?

Not really. It's more Diane Feinstein's fault, since as soon as she started talking about the legislation, firearms sales increased exponentially.

And really, as time has proven, further gun laws don't hurt the people who obtain their firearms illegally, they only hurt those of us that abide by the law.

And the Sandy Hook guy is another who obtained his firearms illegally. He obtained his more illegally than almost anyone else, he killed a parent to get their guns.

I went to a couple of local gun stores today and they were picked clean. I mean almost no inventory at all. No ammo, magazines, nothing. The few pieces left were not going to last long. I've never seen anything like it.
Any of you guys see similar scenarios where you live?

People that have gun fetishes scare easy and will spend their last dollar thinking they don't have enough ammo, guns, and magazines to protect their crummy property.

Went to the gun shop/range today and man was it wiped out. Also there were a lot of 'newbies' wanting to shoot on the range. It was hard to get help because there weren't many people working and a lot of customers needed to be briefed on range rules. Looked around at the pistols and they were pretty much all out of the pistols except the m&p's, not sure why. As I waited for the range master guy to give me a lane he got a call about bulk .223 ammo and he said that they were all out. It was just surprising to see how many people were there to buy their first gun.

I went to one two days ago in St. Louis and they were out of AR15's, but they still had plenty of handguns and ammo.

Will congress really approve a new AWB? Google searching this doesnt really provide any clear cut answers.

It probably won't pass the House

People that have gun fetishes scare easy and will spend their last dollar thinking they don't have enough ammo, guns, and magazines to protect their crummy property.
Many people lived through the last shitty/worthless AWB that did nothing but make it more expensive/harder for honest people to enjoy their hobby. We now have new idiots threatening to put another worthless AWB in place. People dont want to get caught in the same situation as last time.

Last edited:
These feeding frenzies are a little bit crazy. I guess it does make sense to buy up "assault rifles" and high-capacity magazines... but it seems like people are buying up everything, even stuff that won't likely be banned (such as 10 round mags, glock pistols, 9mm ammo, etc). I'm also not sure how it makes sense for people who already own a bunch of "assault weapons" to buy more at 150% or more of the normal cost.

I mean, it seems (to me) that most of the people buying up all of these guns are people who already have a TON of them. I enjoy shooting sports and believe in my right to own guns for self defense... but I have friends that own more than 100 guns and have 10's if not 100's of thousands of rounds of ammo.

9 months ago, I seen a brand new gun store go out of business due to location, location, location.

These were taken as I waited to get in to a gun show this weekend.
20656F55-932B-4F8B-B04E-F861CB08E062-904-0000006425E64DB2.jpg

1C67007E-E447-456A-B8CE-5396B0DEE93F-904-0000006434CC810C.jpg

Took a little over an hour to get in. Selection was limited and prices were high. As expected.

I WILL be buying a gun in January. Was looking for a 10/22. Academy was sold out, with none in the warehouse, and none on the East Coast, and none at Ruger to back order. lulz. Time for plan B. Which is my local gun shop and a different weapon.

So I stopped by my go-to gun store in Baton Rouge this morning. Selection was good. Plenty of $2000-$4000 ARs. Out of my price range, but here's what I looked at today:

Used Winchester 94 (1966) in very good condition 30-30 for $489

Used Ruger M77 scratched to hell but without a spot of rust 30'06 for $369

Used Stoeger Supreme coachgun in excellent condition 20 gauge for $369
Used Stoeger Uplander in excellent condition 20 gauge for $369
(these two guns are practically identical, the coach gun is abot a 1/2" shorter--the uplander has a 22" barrel and a shorter stock, the coachgun has a 20" barrel and a longer stock)

Used FN Hi Power in excellent condition .40 S&W for $749

New Taurus Stainless SAA .45LC for $449

New Ruger Valero SAA .45LC for $569

Used CIA SKS--no rust but rotten stock sold as-is for $329 + a polymer Monte Carlo Stock for $70

Academy also had a Ruger 1911 that was mighty handsome for $599. My 22 pistol has really won me over to the Ruger brand.

There are gun shows the next two weekends, so I'll check out the deals and make a final decision. Any recommendations based on the named pieces?

I hope you have better luck at the gun shows than I did. The one I went to was a large show, but the selection was much more limited than I've seen in the past and the prices much higher. I was not surprised by either of these. A friend of mine did get a pistol for what I thought was fair (though higher than a month ago) price.
Academy is nearly sold out of everything, but their prices haven't gone up.

I hope you have better luck at the gun shows than I did. The one I went to was a large show, but the selection was much more limited than I've seen in the past and the prices much higher. I was not surprised by either of these. A friend of mine did get a pistol for what I thought was fair (though higher than a month ago) price.
Academy is nearly sold out of everything, but their prices haven't gone up.

Amen. I bought my first pistol there in 2002, and my first gun after a loooong dry spell last year.

Always have the lowest prices around, unless you can get to a gunshow or FFL to have something shipped from a large internet store like CtD or GoG.

Each of the guns listed above were on my list, although most were pretty low in priority.

I feel fortunate to have just finished my M4 build at pre-panic prices.

I WILL be buying a gun in January. Was looking for a 10/22. Academy was sold out, with none in the warehouse, and none on the East Coast, and none at Ruger to back order. lulz. Time for plan B. Which is my local gun shop and a different weapon.

So I stopped by my go-to gun store in Baton Rouge this morning. Selection was good. Plenty of $2000-$4000 ARs. Out of my price range, but here's what I looked at today:

Used Winchester 94 (1966) in very good condition 30-30 for $489

Used Ruger M77 scratched to hell but without a spot of rust 30'06 for $369

Used Stoeger Supreme coachgun in excellent condition 20 gauge for $369
Used Stoeger Uplander in excellent condition 20 gauge for $369
(these two guns are practically identical, the coach gun is abot a 1/2" shorter--the uplander has a 22" barrel and a shorter stock, the coachgun has a 20" barrel and a longer stock)

Used FN Hi Power in excellent condition .40 S&W for $749

New Taurus Stainless SAA .45LC for $449

New Ruger Valero SAA .45LC for $569

Used CIA SKS--no rust but rotten stock sold as-is for $329 + a polymer Monte Carlo Stock for $70

Academy also had a Ruger 1911 that was mighty handsome for $599. My 22 pistol has really won me over to the Ruger brand.

There are gun shows the next two weekends, so I'll check out deals and make a final decision. Any recommendations based on the named pieces?

I would pass on the Stoegers . New is 450. Not that good of a deal to me and have heard they have enjection issuses with certin ammo.

I would take the Ruger over the Taurus. with a good trigger job, you will have a single action that will last forever and shot like a dream.

The Winchester seem like best deal to me. That would be my pick for sure.

I feel fortunate to have just finished my M4 build at pre-panic prices.

A .223 is on my list. Was planning to get a target model Armalite in the latter half of this year. May have to settle for a Mini-14 a few years from now.

I would pass on the Stoegers . New is 450. Not that good of a deal to me and have heard they have enjection issuses with certin ammo.

I would take the Ruger over the Taurus. with a good trigger job, you will have a single action that will last forever and shot like a dream.

The Winchester seem like best deal to me. That would be my pick for sure.

The Stoegers were used, but both look as though they've never been shot. The coachgun doesn't have ejectors, not sure about the uplander. I know the single trigger coachgun models have issues, but I haven't seen a bad review for the 2 trigger models.

And there were 3 Model 94s for that price. One had a vandalized stock, but the other two looked nice, including the '66 model.

The Stoegers were used, but both look as though they've never been shot. The coachgun doesn't have ejectors, not sure about the uplander. I know the single trigger coachgun models have issues, but I haven't seen a bad review for the 2 trigger models.

shit, my bad dude. I am thinking of a different gun all together.Sorry about that. I was thinking of Norico 1887, wich is a lever action shotgun.

shit, my bad dude. I am thinking of a different gun all together.Sorry about that. I was thinking of Norico 1887, wich is a lever action shotgun.

pretty much the same retail price though. The stoeger is definitely a decent deal. Want it in 12 for home defense, but I can take the 20 gauge bird hunting and get steal #1 shot for home defense.

My dad has a self defense .410 shell that is basically a roll of dimes. It'll put a 6" hole in a hardwood plank at 10' out of his judge, but won't penetrate more than an inch at 30'.

Haven't really looked around for .223 ammo in awhile. Just went to Big 5 and all they had were Varmint rounds 20 for $25. No, thank you.

Back