Hipoint JHP 45 ( gen 1) review

oldshadow

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So I bought it a little while back, before the gen 2 came out.

I got it just to test it out and have it as a "fishing" carry gun. In other words if I scratched it up or whatever it would be OK.

So I've put probably 500 rounds though it at various targets and taken in on a few trips out. I got a good hotser that locks it by the ejector port. It draws natural for me as the trigger finger falls in place on the release button.

First feed, I've run all kinds of ammo through it. It eats it all with no problem. I like hard ball but it will eat whatever I feed it.

It's pretty damn accurate. I have no trouble out to 50 feet with tight groups. Further then that it's me I would think more me then gun. I have confidence it hitting whatever I aim at out to resemble distances.

Recoil is nothing. Which make sense because of the weight and how it functions. Also I'm use to an XDS recoil which is no problem.

Election is fine it clears rounds clean and they are away from you. I didn't try it left handed so i think it will clear but next time i shoot I'll make sure.

I've shot 10 round mags but you can get after market larger capacity. Mag change is fine for me with no problems

I don't like the safety. Not that it doesn't function fine but the lever just doesn't feel as solid as I would like.

Feel, it's a brick. It's heavy and the feel is different then any of my other guns. I adapted to it and after that even with changing from other guns to it in a shooting sequence it was fine for me.

All in all it makes a good fishing or backup woods carry or a low price home defense gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back