Gun store experiences

I'm still not finding any reasonably priced 9mm. 38 sp and 357 mag are also hard to come by. I bought 100 rounds of .22 at the gun show this weekend, but haven't seen anything but the shotshells for 9 months now.

Also went into a pawn shop to browse and walked out with a Ruger BX-25 mag for $25. Feeds so much smoother and easier than my steel-lipped magpul mags.

i haven't looked for .38 lately but my dad just asked me to look for some last night. neither of us have a .357 so I don't know about availability of that around here.

9, 40sw, 45acp, 223/556, and 308 are all readily available in atlanta if you know where to look.

i did find another LGS that has .22 in stock. piles and piles, reasonably priced. but they only sell it to you if you're going to shoot it on their range. lammmmmme!

i haven't looked for .38 lately but my dad just asked me to look for some last night. neither of us have a .357 so I don't know about availability of that around here.

9, 40sw, 45acp, 223/556, and 308 are all readily available in atlanta if you know where to look.

i did find another LGS that has .22 in stock. piles and piles, reasonably priced. but they only sell it to you if you're going to shoot it on their range. lammmmmme!

All I see for 9mm is that 85 grain frangible stuff that doesn't feed well in my sig 2022.

I've found 38 sp for $60/50 rounds, but am used to paying close to half that. They aren't price gouging, it is just really high end stuff. Too high end to buy just to put holes in paper.

I was at a Bass Pro last weekend and I bought all the 9mm they had. 150 rounds :/

I was at a Bass Pro last weekend and I bought all the 9mm they had. 150 rounds :/

To be honest, I've still got 117 rounds of 9mm jhp, plus 25-50 85 grain frangible that won't cycle in my sig from before the drought.

I just can't find any cheap 9mm range ammo anywhere. And by cheap I mean ~$0.25/round.

I went to the local Gander Mountain and two local gun shops today to do some price checking. Gander had the best prices on ammo, but not by much. I was looking for 22LR (useless endeavor) and 300 Win Mag. Gander had boxes for $34 while the local shops had the same box for $38.

Surprisingly most of the customers I saw were shopping for handguns. The walls were stocked full of AR style rifles, but nobody seemed to be interested in them.

Side note: The last two times I've been to gun stores I've some guy's wife point a gun at me by accident. It seems like they pick out a gun because their husband wants them to have a gun. The guy is off looking at something else then the woman has to twirl around in a circle while pointing the gun at everybody to show him the gun. I know the gun is unloaded, but it still makes me nervous.

It's a miracle. Wal-Mart actually had a lot of 9mm in stock and not just boxes of 50. I found out because this guy told me that the Wal-Mart smart phone app (not the website) gives you accurate in-stock information. $23.97 boxes of 100 WWB and this Tula Brassmaxx that I've never seen.

As I was putting my ammo away my fiance told me I was becoming a hoarder of ammo. I'm not that comfortable to go shooting like I used to but I feel better about finally grabbing some 9mm.

Anyway, this is what I've picked up within the last few months or so.

20130924_005129_zps5c125ae8.jpg

20130924_005138_zps652b3bd5.jpg

It's a miracle. Wal-Mart actually had a lot of 9mm in stock and not just boxes of 50. I found out because this guy told me that the Wal-Mart smart phone app (not the website) gives you accurate in-stock information. $23.97 boxes of 100 WWB and this Tula Brassmaxx that I've never seen.

As I was putting my ammo away my fiance told me I was becoming a hoarder of ammo. I'm not that comfortable to go shooting like I used to but I feel better about finally grabbing some 9mm.

Anyway, this is what I've picked up within the last few months or so.

20130924_005129_zps5c125ae8.jpg

20130924_005138_zps652b3bd5.jpg

Hoarder?

No, bro. Explain to her that you have enough for a good day at the range. I don't see any ammo cans or crates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back