Guida vs. Hioki

LilNubi

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Surprised more people aren't talking about this fight, or at least Guida's move down to Featherweight.

I think Guida with his energy, speed and grappling he'll be able to either ground out a decision or lay some serious ground an pound. I wouldn't count Hioki out, but I think he definitely has his work cut out for him. I think if either fighter can get a win here and maybe another two wins it'll put them in title contention.

Thoughts?

Theories?

Obscene Gestures?

Will the weight cut cripple Clay's cardio?

Will he have to cut his hair to make weight?

Will Hioki look as tentative as he was vs Lamas?

We'll find out, good matchup, pretty happy these guys fight on FX and that Lamas vs Koch got the FOX spot...

Guida probably wins, although I don't think he'll be much better at FW than he was at LW.

Will the weight cut cripple Clay's cardio?

Will he have to cut his hair to make weight?

Will Hioki look as tentative as he was vs Lamas?

We'll find out, good matchup, pretty happy these guys fight on FX and that Lamas vs Koch got the FOX spot...

FUN FACT: Dana once offered Guida 10k to cut his hair, and he declined.

Guida's gonna want nothing to do Hioki's on the ground. I can see him dancing his way to decision.

I think Guida takes it. Also, I think this fight will be a lot more exciting than people expect.

Guida definitely wins, look how much Hioki struggled against George Roop. Does anyone really think Guida would struggle that much to beat George Roop. I mean Guida was DOMINATING ANTHONY PETTIS while Hioki STRUGGLED PAST ROOP. Is this really much of a contest? Guida 30-27.

Not excited to see Guida. Either he lays on him or he dances around the octagon the whole fight.

Guida definitely wins, look how much Hioki struggled against George Roop. Does anyone really think Guida would struggle that much to beat George Roop. I mean Guida was DOMINATING ANTHONY PETTIS while Hioki STRUGGLED PAST ROOP. Is this really much of a contest? Guida 30-27.

I don't think you know what the word "dominating" means

If Hioki is smart and arrive in good time to negate the jet lag I give him a good chance here. If his cardio ain't up to snuff he is gonna get lnp'd.

Fight has terrible written all over it.

Guida and his laughable stand up vs. Hioki and his timidness, if Hioki could get him down then he could really do some damage but....he won't. Guida should have been cut after his terrible display against Maynard.

I think Guida takes it. Also, I think this fight will be a lot more exciting than people expect.

I agree, but people have been terribly put off by Guida since Pettis. They seem to forget the wars he's been in previously. I'm looking forward to this one.

If Hioki is smart and arrive in good time to negate the jet lag I give him a good chance here. If his cardio ain't up to snuff he is gonna get lnp'd.

Could go either way with cardio. Guida making the cut COULD affect his cardio. Although, even if his cardio was affected I think that would just make his cardio as good as everybody else. He has superhero cardio at 155.

Fight has terrible written all over it.

Guida and his laughable stand up vs. Hioki and his timidness, if Hioki could get him down then he could really do some damage but....he won't. Guida should have been cut after his terrible display against Maynard.

It takes two to tango buddy. When I think exciting fighters Maynard isn't one of the first 50 names that pops into my head.

It takes two to tango buddy. When I think exciting fighters Maynard isn't one of the first 50 names that pops into my head.

It was clear to anyone watching that fight who was running away. Maynard even dropped his hands and let Guida punch him in the face just to try and bate Guida into actually fighting. DOnt even try to pin the blame on Maynard for that one.

It was clear to anyone watching that fight who was running away. Maynard even dropped his hands and let Guida punch him in the face just to try and bate Guida into actually fighting. DOnt even try to pin the blame on Maynard for that one.

Didn't say he's the only one to blame, just saying he didn't do much to help his cause either.

No one's saying Maynard is exciting.

But I've never seen Maynard run in a circle and do as absolutely little as possible and get warned for not engaging. This is the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship, I don't have a problem with wrestling because like Rogan says, that's fighting, that's martial arts. Running in a circle is not.

Guida can just go away for all I'm concerned. He's a boring fighter, he's only in exciting fights when he's getting his ass handed to him.

His performances against Pettis and Maynard should have been enough to earn him a pink slip.

Guida will jump, wobble and dance to a decision win.

And I will hate it.

Back