Guida vs. Hioki

Am I the only one that thinks Hioki takes this, and handily?

Better striking and will take Guida to town if Guida takes him down.

I can't see Guida making this a boring fight, he took way to much heat for his last performance to do it again.

I agree, but people have been terribly put off by Guida since Pettis. They seem to forget the wars he's been in previously. I'm looking forward to this one.

There were a lot of Pettis bandwagoners after his fight with Bendo. Those people turned into Guida haters after he beat Pettis. Now there is this myth of Clay being boring even though 20 of his 29 victories are finishes. Not to mention all of the Fight Night Bonuses he has received.

Depends on which Guida shows up; if the exciting, old Guida shows up then he'll win a decision or by late sub. If the new, dancing and boring Guida shows up then Hioki by decision.

Depends on which Guida shows up; if the exciting, old Guida shows up then he'll win a decision or by late sub. If the new, dancing and boring Guida shows up then Hioki by decision.

I have it the opposite.

Old Guida shows up = Hioki wins decision/sub.
New Guida shows up = Hioki loses decision.

I really hope Hioki wins this. He's such a technical BJJ guy. I can see him beating Guida.

Guida definitely wins, look how much Hioki struggled against George Roop. Does anyone really think Guida would struggle that much to beat George Roop. I mean Guida was DOMINATING ANTHONY PETTIS while Hioki STRUGGLED PAST ROOP. Is this really much of a contest? Guida 30-27.

Dominating? He was fighting off submission attempts the entire fight without using any offense.

Guida definitely wins, look how much Hioki struggled against George Roop. Does anyone really think Guida would struggle that much to beat George Roop. I mean Guida was DOMINATING ANTHONY PETTIS while Hioki STRUGGLED PAST ROOP. Is this really much of a contest? Guida 30-27.

that MMAth

serra beat gsp beat shields beat hendo beat fedor

Guida by decision. And I'm still a big fan despite his last performance.

Not excited to see Guida. Either he lays on him or he dances around the octagon the whole fight.

Maynard-vs-Guida-knees-guillotine-running.gif

There were a lot of Pettis bandwagoners after his fight with Bendo. Those people turned into Guida haters after he beat Pettis. Now there is this myth of Clay being boring even though 20 of his 29 victories are finishes. Not to mention all of the Fight Night Bonuses he has received.

Are you fuckin kidding me? Did you not see that Pettis fight? Pettis fans did not turn into Guida haters just because he beat Pettis. People started hating Guida because of the manner he did it. That fight was the definition of lnp. He basically had no offense the whole fight (other than those shoulder shrugs that do no damage), was constantly defending sub attempts, and got the decision win because of this. He basically knew that was the only way he could squeak out a decision win. I personally do not have much respect for fighters like this. People call Fitch a points fighter, but at least he causes damage on the ground. Guida was just content in not getting subbed and laying there for a three round decision. 20 out of 29 victories are finishes, but look how he has been fighting lately. I never thought I would say this, but lately he has turned into the definition of a points fighter. His fight with Maynard was just ridiculous.

My one big question mark going into this fight is how the weight cut will effect Clay's energy and his durability. Clay is known for being a mad man that never stops pushing forward but if he has a bad weight cut he may gas out.

Will be rooting for Hioki, Guida might be my least favorite fighter of all time, but expect Guida to take this. I'd say Hioki has the better standup and jiu jitsu but it won't matter as he's shown 0 aggression lately, Guida wins a unanimous decision with lots of movement and very little damage.

Are you fuckin kidding me? Did you not see that Pettis fight? Pettis fans did not turn into Guida haters just because he beat Pettis. People started hating Guida because of the manner he did it. That fight was the definition of lnp. He basically had no offense the whole fight (other than those shoulder shrugs that do no damage), was constantly defending sub attempts, and got the decision win because of this. He basically knew that was the only way he could squeak out a decision win. I personally do not have much respect for fighters like this. People call Fitch a points fighter, but at least he causes damage on the ground. Guida was just content in not getting subbed and laying there for a three round decision. 20 out of 29 victories are finishes, but look how he has been fighting lately. I never thought I would say this, but lately he has turned into the definition of a points fighter. His fight with Maynard was just ridiculous.

How hate fighter for the way he fought just two fights?

Oh wait...you're a Diaz fan.

Nevermind.

My one big question mark going into this fight is how the weight cut will effect Clay's energy and his durability. Clay is known for being a mad man that never stops pushing forward but if he has a bad weight cut he may gas out.

Yeah, I'm very interested to see how his body reacts as well. I was hoping to have more conversations like this rather than 'I hate Guida' 'Guida Sucks' etc...

I really hope Guida wins by tko so he can have some respect back from a lot of you guys. One fight and everyone forgot all the battles hes been in. Compare his fight with Bendo and Diaz fight...

First of all, relax.

Secondly, if Guida had won a fight like that against a LW nobody cared about you wouldn't see even close to as many people complaining. Crazy ninja kick Pettis couldn't stay on his feet or mount enough offense to get the decision so suddenly Guida is everybody's worst enemy. Was Guida exciting in the Pettis/Maynard fights? I wouldn't say that. But MMA fans have short memories and are quick to dismiss a fighter after a couple lackluster performances. If we are to judge a fighter based on their entire career I would call Clay an exciting fighter. If you choose not to that's completely fine. You don't need to start a hostile argument over it on the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back