Guida vs. Hioki

Guida definitely wins, look how much Hioki struggled against George Roop. Does anyone really think Guida would struggle that much to beat George Roop. I mean Guida was DOMINATING ANTHONY PETTIS while Hioki STRUGGLED PAST ROOP. Is this really much of a contest? Guida 30-27.

MMA Math doesn't work. It was Hioki's first fight in the US against a difficult opponent. And Guida may have won every round against Pettis, but no way in hell did he "Dominate". Funny how fans try to spin things.

guida might outhustle him....dirty box him up ...in and out

First of all, relax.

Secondly, if Guida had won a fight like that against a LW nobody cared about you wouldn't see even close to as many people complaining. Crazy ninja kick Pettis couldn't stay on his feet or mount enough offense to get the decision so suddenly Guida is everybody's worst enemy. Was Guida exciting in the Pettis/Maynard fights? I wouldn't say that. But MMA fans have short memories and are quick to dismiss a fighter after a couple lackluster performances. If we are to judge a fighter based on their entire career I would call Clay an exciting fighter. If you choose not to that's completely fine. You don't need to start a hostile argument over it on the internet.

This is Sherdog.

People will pick a fight over anything around here, regardless of any facts.

I kinda wish they weren't fighting because they're two fighters I really like. That being said, i'll be there live so it'll be awesome seeing it in person. It should be an entertaining and close fight but I think Hioki might end up taking it.

Hioki is better than Guida in just about every aspect of MMA but knowing Hioki in the US he'll find a way to lose.

I think Hioki uses conservative standup and stuffs takedowns for a decision

I can't see Guida making this a boring fight, he took way to much heat for his last performance to do it again.

Do me a favor and go watch all of Clays fights, then tell me you can't see him making this a boring fight.

Do me a favor and go watch all of Clays fights, then tell me you can't see him making this a boring fight.

Maybe you should head your own advice? Guida has 19 finishes out of his 29 wins. That's a decent finish ratio. Maybe you should edit your post and say 'watch his last two fights' because that's all you seem to be remembering.

It takes two to tango buddy. When I think exciting fighters Maynard isn't one of the first 50 names that pops into my head.

When you "tango", you shouldn't need to be a track star to catch your dance partner.
You can't really be that much of a moron, are you?

Hioki's got some pretty decent stand-up and a wizardly ground game. Should be very interesting but if Guida chooses to dance around for the whole fight like he did against Maynard, that's a completely different fight for Hioki.

No one's saying Maynard is exciting.

But I've never seen Maynard run in a circle and do as absolutely little as possible and get warned for not engaging. This is the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship, I don't have a problem with wrestling because like Rogan says, that's fighting, that's martial arts. Running in a circle is not.
I think Maynard's exciting.
Name me one other Fighter, in his last three fights, that have been even close to as exciting as Gray in Maynard/Edgar 2 R1, Maynard/Edgar 3 R1, Maynard/Guida R4.
Far more credible for you to say"I really don't like Maynard" than to discredit his fighting.

I think Maynard's exciting.
Name me one other Fighter, in his last three fights, that have been even close to as exciting as Gray in Maynard/Edgar 2 R1, Maynard/Edgar 3 R1, Maynard/Guida R4.
Far more credible for you to say"I really don't like Maynard" than to discredit his fighting.

You can't pick and choose rounds. That's not how it works. But okay, I'll play your game.

Hendo:

Vs. Shogun (The Entire Fight)
Vs. Fedor (Round 1 aka. the Entire Fight)
Vs. Calvacante (The Entire Fight)

See what I did there?

Carry on sir, carry on...

Because its fun, I'll do another.

JDS
Mir (Entire fight...which ended in the second round)
Valesquez (First Round...the entire fight)
Carwin (All 3 rounds he brutalized Carwin)

Last edited:
Easy win for Guida here.

I'm not sure it'll be an easy fight. It'll be an exciting fight, but I wouldn't say easy. Hioki has a chance on the ground, Guida does have great wrestling though but his weight cut could really affect the way he wrestles.

You can't pick and choose rounds. That's not how it works. But okay, I'll play your game.

Hendo:

Vs. Shogun (The Entire Fight)
Vs. Fedor (Round 1 aka. the Entire Fight)
Vs. Calvacante (The Entire Fight)

See what I did there?

Carry on sir, carry on...
In answer, didn't Maynard/Edgar2 get FOTY. And M/E 3 was close behind.
Dan is a favorite of mine so we'll leave it at that.
And, BTW, arguing with stupid is not my idea of an interesting Morning; takes your wares elsewhere.

I used to like guida but his last two fights were just unforgivable. I really could care less if I see him fight again

In answer, didn't Maynard/Edgar2 get FOTY. And M/E 3 was close behind.
Dan is a favorite of mine so we'll leave it at that.

I'm not saying it wasn't an exciting fight. I'm saying Maynard isn't the most exciting of all fighters...except that time he knocked himself out.

Back